Gosick looks really good , currently one of my favorite new season animes , plus rolling on the floor was pure win.
Some of my favorite manga: ( In no particular order)
Now and Then, Here and There
Onani Master Kurosawa
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
If you want to look at my list you can find it here.
my list is this http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Inngrimsch/anime and except Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica i watched all of those ;x can u give a short description maybe?
Also considering starting Dragon Crisis! and Fractale, the only ones mentioned earlier I'm not watching... any compelling reasons to?
"If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
Hey, I watched that like 2 years ago! Ooooold anime. I found it, searching for like random anime characters based on hair color/eye color, etc. (I was bored.) But yeah anyways it's a nice anime.Originally Posted by Zhabin
Btw I really like Rio: Rainbow Gate. It's a funny new show about costume-changing card dealers. :]
85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin
Dragon Crisis has the most moe character this season in Ruby.
You cannot deny that face! Only thing is the first episode doesn't cover everything that's going on with the relics and all but I'm hoping the second episode fixes some of that.
I would imagine many of you would like Hajime no Ippo, (it's one of my favorites and has great character development.)
Please disregard anything offensive I say in this, I originally made it as a reference to my close friends and as a personal log as to what I have watched.
Well, I guess I might as well post this here.
I've watched something like 90 anime(movies, series, OVAs, etc.) and here is a list of the ones I've taken the time to write down. It would be longer, but sadly I lost the most recent ones in a hard drive crash a couple weeks ago, so just bear with me and give me a bit of leniency. The ones at first may be bad ratings because, well, I was younger then and had a bit of a different taste.
Long story short, my favorite animes are Bakemonogatari and Yourself; Myself.
1. Elfen Lied - Completed - 10
2. Kiba - Completed - 10
3. Afro Samurai - Completed - 9
4. Air Gear - Completed - 9
5. Love Hina - Completed - 8
6. Escaflowne - Completed - 7
7. Girls Bravo - Completed - 10
8. Rosario + Vampire - Completed - 8
9. Kanokon - Completed - 10
10. DearS - Completed - 9
11. To Love-Ru - Completed - 9
12. Hanaukyou Maid Tai - Completed - 8
13. Asu No Yoichi! - Completed - 7
14. Amaenaideyo!! - Completed - 10
15. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro Chan - Completed - 8
16. Claymore - Completed - 10
17. Iketeru Futari - Completed - 7
18. Chobits - Completed - 10
19. Golden Boy - Completed - 10
20. Lovely Complex - Completed - 10
21. Tonagura - Completed - 8
22. True Tears - Completed - 10
23. Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun - Completed - 8
24. Fooly Cooly - Completed - 10
25. Akikan - Completed - 8
26. Clannad - Completed - 10
Clannad After Story - Completed - It's rating is over 9000. But in all honesty, I did like CAS, because it was the most deep, involving, emotional anime I've ever seen. Only complaint is a rather confusing and.. non-descript ending. It left me asking "What just happened?" Side note, it was cleared up after I watched some of the "extra" episodes.
27. Otome Wa Boku Ni Koishiteru - Completed - 9
28. ~H2O~ Footprints in the Sand - Completed - 10
29. Onegai Teacher - Completed - 9
30. Ichigo 100% - Completed - 8
31. Yumeria - Completed - 8
32. Onegai Twins - Completed - 10
33. Gun X Sword - Completed - 10
34. Kage Kara Mamuro - Completed - 8
35. Seikirei - Completed - 9
36. The Familiar of Zero - Completed - 10 - Was a 3 season anime, totaling 37 episodes. It's one of the funniest anime I've watched just because Zero is so fucking adorable. Anyway, it's a good watch if you're into romance, yes, but the action was really good, too.
37. Aa! Megami Sama - Completed - 10
38. Mamoru-kun Ni Megami No Shukufuku Wo! - Completed - 9
39. Grenadier Hohoemi No Senshi - Completed - 8
40. Kaze No Stigma - Completed - 9
41. Myself; Yourself - Completed - 10 - I've always had a REALLY hard time choosing which anime is actually my favorite, but this one is probably the one that I think back on all the time and say to myself "That was a really good anime, good enough for me to watch it again." whereas I can't really think there are any other anime like that for me. Well, like I said, I can't decide well.. It's tied with Bakemonogatari, which is towards the end of this list.
42. Kodomo No Jikan - Completed - 8
43. Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl - Completed - 10
44. Mahoraba: Heartful Days - Completed - 9
45. School Days - Completed - I'm not really sure what to rate this anime because I've never really watched anything comparable to it.. I would say it is most like Higurashi except 3x longer. I would reccomend it to a lot of people, but for me.. this was probably my official "TFU" anime. Totally fucked up.
**EDIT** I'm slightly traumatized and disturbed. Good shit. Pimpin'.
46. Lamune - Completed - 9
47. Karin - Completed - 9
48. Ef - A Tale of Memories - Completed - 10 - Favorite Romance
48.5 Ef - A Tale of Melodies - Completed - 10 - Wasn't as emotional as Clannad, but I cried like a bitch.
49. Uta Kata - Completed - 9
50. Kimi Ga Aruji De Shitsuji Ga Ore De - Completed - 9
51. Gift: Eternal Rainbow - Completed - 8
52. Special A - Completed - 9
53. W Wish - Completed - 8
54. Kimikiss Pure Rouge - Completed - 10
55. I''s Pure - Completed - 8
56. Suzuka - Completed - 8
57. Da Capo - Completed - 7 - It wasn't really anything special, just a regular run of the mill kind of romance anime, without anything "special about it".
58. Welcome to the N.H.K. - Completed - 10 - Watched it for shits and giggles, was pretty serious a lot of the time, romance thrown in, but the ending was a little lacking on the whole "Closure" thing.
59. Princess Lover - Completed - 9
60. Kyou No Gononi(Old) - Completed - 8
61. Bakemonogatari - completed - 10 - Fav all around. I have to give a bit of a description about this anime.. Ok, so about 90% of the entire anime are just conversations between characters, and it uses wordplay a lot while throwing in comedy, romance, even a little bit of ecchi. It's a definite watch for anyone, and I started watching when it first came out, still anxiously awaiting the next season, if there is.
62. Shingetsutan Tsukihime - Completed - 6 - Wasn't bad, but everything was.. Sub-par. Coulda been better, it wasn't.
63. Byousoku 5 Centimeter - Completed - 4 - Wasn't good at all. It was NOTHING but sadness, without even a shred of smiles. Fail.
64. Battle Programmer Shirase - Completed - 8 - Funny, good story, bad ending, no romance. Too short, to be honest.
65. Kamisama Kazoku - Completed - 8 - It was good, but it coulda been better.
66. Toradora - Completed - 10 - Definitely worth watching, I think I may watch it again myself. Probably in my top 10.
67. Rec - Completed - 10 - it was a fairly "run of the mill" romance anime, but there wasn't a lot of comedy in spite of the fact it actually tried to be funny. It was fairly short, only a couple hours, so I'd say it's worth the watch for the time invested.
68. Ladies Versus Butlers - Completed - 8 - Not really a bad anime, but there was a complete lack of closure and the guy didn't even choose a girl due to his own thickheadedness. Otherwise, it was a good watch, plus I loved the art style.
69. Kimi ni Tokode - Completed - 10 - This one was actually really good, because I love the whole "socially awkward person meets person" genre. That aside, it was a decent romance with a good ending and a lot of laughs in between.
70. Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu - Completed - 10 - This one is actually one of the better romance anime I've seen, and if you are an otaku, you'll definitely enjoy watching this one. Love, laughs, even a loli little sister. Good anime.
71. Shakugan no Shana - Completed - 9 - Was a really good anime, but I think that maybe the second season will give a bit more closure to it. Was good on action and drama, but the romance was a bit lacking even though it was romantic. Doesn't make much sense, but you'd understand if you watched it. Good watch.
72. Druaga no Tou: The Aegis of Uruk - Completed - 10 - Really good anime, little bit of romance, little bit of tragedy, and a lot of action and comedy. Good one.
72.5 Druaga no Tou: The Sword of Uruk - Very good anime, with what I consider "realism". What I mean by that is, a happy ending, but not everyone is happy and not everything is ok. A couple main char's died through the course of this one and the first season, which gets bonus points because it isn't a straight "Hero gathers people, people and hero kill bad guy, everyone is happy, roll credits." Anyway, it's a really good'n. Watch it.
73. Busou Renkin - Completed - 10 - Dear CHRIST this anime was 10x better than I ever expected it to be. Good action, just enough romance to make you happy, laughed quite a bit, and I even cried a little at one point. Definitely one of the better anime I've ever watched.
74. Kurogane no Linebarrels - Completed - 10 - I like the streak I'm working on right now, I don't think I've ever watched this many amazing anime in a row. This one was a mecha, and let me say something about it.. I was deceived by the good guys, the bad guys, and a couple other people. Lots of twists and turns and plot holes that actually get filled in. A lot of action, a lot of comedy, a little tragedy, and one hellova ending.
75. B Gata H Kei - Completed - 9 - Was a pretty good anime, relatively recent. Was perverted as hell, and I think the name literally means "B-Cupped Slut". I may be wrong, but I do believe that's what it is. Anyway, it was a solid romance with a lot of ecchi. Pretty funny too, and I smiled a shit-ton. Bit of a weird ending, like it shoulda been longer.
76. Bounen No Xamdou - Completed - 9 - Really good on action, only a little comedic, enough romance to keep you interested, more tragedy than I would have liked because I'm too fucking emotional, and I feel like there should have been like.. 5 more minutes at the end. Just a personal thing. Terrific plot, though.
77. Sola - Completed - 8 - This was a fairly decent anime, except for one minor thing that I really didn't like, and that was the amount of tragedy. This is just a personal pet peeve, but I didn't like how the tragedy played out.. It gets an 8 from me because of the anime itself, and how it looked visually.
78. Sword of the Stranger - Completed - 10 - This was a really fuckin' good anime movie. Not going to go too deep into the plot, but it was very actiony with an extremely good plot throughout. Only about an hour and a half long, so it's a must watch on my list. Samurai lovers will cum around 25 minutes in and will continuously cum for roughly one hour.
79. Straight Jacket - Completed - 8 - Was only an hour and a half long, and it was split into three episodes. It was by no means bad, but there were too many plot holes and everything happened too fast. Was no gradual progression, or even something like a movie would be like, and that's my biggest problem with it. Other than that, it was very good overall and had a good enough plot to keep you interested.
80. Dogs: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark - Completed - 9 - Very good action, but the gunfights were a bit lacking. Great plots, following four different characters in one city that interact with each other from time to time. Only problem is, some majorly large plot holes were left because of the shortness of it all, only 1 hour total.
81. Ookami-san To Shichinin No Nakama-tachi - Completed - 8 - Coulda been a ton better than it was in my opninion, namely because of two important reasons; Plot holes and lack of closure. Otherwise, very good, very sweet. If you're into tsundere, watch this shit.
Last edited by Curoch; 2011-01-16 at 08:25 AM.
That list will have me busy for a while O.O
Also if you're a big fan of Bakemonogatari, try Katanagatari... Kind of similar, but quite different. :P
"If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
What a weak season, when I watched the first episode of Infinite Stratos I thought to myself this is the most generic anime I've yet to see then a few a days later I watched the first episode of Dragon Crisis and Dragon Crisis managed to more generic than Infinite Stratos (except with better animation) ugh...
Luckily the saving grace is the Noitamina block as always. Wandering Son, was just wow (even if they managed to skip the first 33 chapters) and Fractale was impressive (Ghibli meets Dennou Coil)
My season watch list:
Definitely watching: Wandering Son, Fractale, Level E, Mahou Shoujo Madoka
Undecided: Gosick, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Yumekui Merry
Drop: everything else
I didn't list the 2nd season series (Mitsudomoe, Kimi ni Todoke) which I am watching