1. #11041
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,128
    Ew genderbender, KILL IT WITH FIRE.

  2. #11042
    Epic! Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    1,672
    Genderbent? They still look like girls.

  3. #11043
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ew genderbender, KILL IT WITH FIRE.
    >Remi.
    >Hates genderbender.


    I'm not sure what but somewhere this is a banana.

  4. #11044
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,895
    I just started watching Anime in the last few weeks I have watched all of Avatar, Vampire and Rosario, and am finishing Sekirei season 2 right now. Any suggestions for what series to watch next. Also, just throwing this out there not a fan of Naruto or Dragonball so keep that in mind. Should also add I have watched a lot of Cowboy Bebop, Full metal alch, desert punk, and Aquarion.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2012-05-14 at 09:59 PM.

  5. #11045
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ew genderbender, KILL IT WITH FIRE.
    Look at this baka


  6. #11046
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    >Remi.
    >Hates genderbender.


    I'm not sure what but somewhere this is a banana.
    Whats a banana?

  7. #11047
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Episode 6 of Nyaruko was predictably unpredictable


  8. #11048
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Whats a banana?

    Mayuri: Gel Bananas are so sloppy and floppy,
    They taste weird-
    Rintaro: You ate one?
    Daru: Mayushi, Try Saying: "Your Banana is all floppy."
    Mayuri: Okay.
    "Your banana is all fl-"
    Rintaro: Don't make her say that!

  9. #11049
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I just started watching Anime in the last few weeks I have watched all of Avatar, Vampire and Rosario, and am finishing Sekirei season 2 right now. Any suggestions for what series to watch next. Also, just throwing this out there not a fan of Naruto or Dragonball so keep that in mind. Should also add I have watched a lot of Cowboy Bebop, Full metal alch, desert punk, and Aquarion.
    I definitely recommend finishing Fullmetal Alchemist, worth it.

    If you like in-depth story based drama Clannad and Kanon (2006) are very good choices. (Both teen school life, but great characters)

    If you like light-hearted ones try out Chobits (robots alongside humans), Toradora! (High school romance-y), K-On! (High school band), Haruhi Suzumiya (supernatural club - high school) or Angel Beats! (supernatural high school).

    If you don't mind/like ecchi/moe Strike Witches is a favorite of mine (Girls in an elite force battling aliens).

    These are all based on what I have watched and liked though, so it's fairly limited, but I enjoyed each one of them greatly.

  10. #11050
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395


  11. #11051
    Watch FMA:Brotherhood, the one that actually follows the original story.

    Anyone else loving zetman.. and it's cheesy oldschool anime components hehe (they are subtle!) .. or are they?

  12. #11052
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdaer View Post
    Anyone else loving zetman.. and it's cheesy oldschool anime components hehe (they are subtle!) .. or are they?
    Eh. The sub for episode 4 that was first released was atrocious(and episode 3 was riddled with mistakes), so Skelington never got to downloading episode 4. He hasn't gotten around to watching it in a few weeks.

  13. #11053
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Eh. The sub for episode 4 that was first released was atrocious(and episode 3 was riddled with mistakes), so Skelington never got to downloading episode 4. He hasn't gotten around to watching it in a few weeks.
    Depends on what subs you watched, I didn't find any major issues with the 7 episodes so far. I have watched so many anime now that bad subs don't even bother me, as long as I get the gist of what's going on.. I understand a little of Japanese anyway so that helps. Yay for asian girlfriend and wasting much life on Japanese cartoons.

    By the way, you refer to yourself in the third person? Lol

  14. #11054
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdaer View Post
    Depends on what subs you watched, I didn't find any major issues with the 7 episodes so far. I have watched so many anime now that bad subs don't even bother me, as long as I get the gist of what's going on.. I understand a little of Japanese anyway so that helps. Yay for asian girlfriend and wasting much life on Japanese cartoons.

    By the way, you refer to yourself in the third person? Lol
    Well, they weren't translation errors like you would get with Hadena. These were spelling errors, grammatical errors, frame errors etc. They were so bad. Some scenes didn't even have subtitles on them.

    Skelington is referring to another person.

  15. #11055
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Well, they weren't translation errors like you would get with Hadena. These were spelling errors, grammatical errors, frame errors etc. They were so bad. Some scenes didn't even have subtitles on them.

    Skelington is referring to another person.
    Weren't you downloading web rips though?

    Also, Madoka stuff I wanted to say in Steam but won't since Enze is watching it: [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]In the fourth timeline, Madoka's[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif] witch name was revealed as K[/FONT][/COLOR]riemhild Gretchen[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif].

    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Madoka's role of guiding magical girls to the afterlife is similar to Gretchen offering to guide Faust's soul into heaven.

    Pretty darn clever.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-05-15 at 03:43 AM.


  16. #11056
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Weren't you downloading web rips though?

    Also, Madoka stuff I wanted to say in Steam but won't since Enze is watching it: [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]In the fourth timeline, Madoka's[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif] witch name was revealed as K[/FONT][/COLOR]riemhild Gretchen[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif].

    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Madoka's role of guiding magical girls to the afterlife is similar to Gretchen offering to guide Faust's soul into heaven.

    Pretty darn clever.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Eh, they were shit regardless. The torrent site is the one that put them up.

    Yea, Skelington needs to read Faust. He'll probably do that soon, possibly after The King in Yellow(cause Hastur-kun).

    Have you seen the one about Kyouko's witch, Ophelia? Pretty good tie in with Oktavia and Sayaka. Like, she killed herself to save Sayaka(who is full of water imagery), and the character Ophelia in Hamlet drowned herself(she didn't resist drowning, at least) as well as a conflict between obeying her father and her lover. There's also the connections between Oktavia and Orion, which again leads to Kyouko being the scorpion.

  17. #11057
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    I read a little on Ophelia, like how the candle represents Kyouko being hot headed, which I thought was cute.


  18. #11058
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I just started watching Anime in the last few weeks I have watched all of Avatar, Vampire and Rosario, and am finishing Sekirei season 2 right now. Any suggestions for what series to watch next. Also, just throwing this out there not a fan of Naruto or Dragonball so keep that in mind. Should also add I have watched a lot of Cowboy Bebop, Full metal alch, desert punk, and Aquarion.
    Oh then try Aquarion EVOL

    also check out the request thread ALOT of my recommendations there should help you out.

    As for the "pic" on it;s way as was requested.


    By sorrior at 2011-10-18

    Oh and my profile has some VERY outdated pics of my anime collection(still more than most can even imagine) if you wanna see those.

  19. #11059
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh then try Aquarion EVOL

    also check out the request thread ALOT of my recommendations there should help you out.

    As for the "pic" on it;s way as was requested.


    By sorrior at 2011-10-18

    Oh and my profile has some VERY outdated pics of my anime collection(still more than most can even imagine) if you wanna see those.
    Not sure if terrified or aroused.


  20. #11060
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh then try Aquarion EVOL

    also check out the request thread ALOT of my recommendations there should help you out.

    As for the "pic" on it;s way as was requested.

    [IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5114/bae0e006fbbd3ea44192667.jpg[IMG]
    By sorrior at 2011-10-18

    Oh and my profile has some VERY outdated pics of my anime collection(still more than most can even imagine) if you wanna see those.
    Wowsers. Skelington wants more of this porn. He doesn't have enough hands and feet to fap properly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •