Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    hardly heard any mention of it before like a month ago on these boards, now there's tons of crap about it.
    Been longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think /a/ just hates everything that gains popularity.
    They still have appreciation threads about the characters a lot, especially Mami. And they say /a/ was all over Madoka while it was airing. Did you not 4chan on good friday? They "hate" it to be one of the cool kids.

I think im going to check it out and see what all the fuss is about, lucky crunchyroll has it so ill watch there. Also Digglet who's your avatar and where is she from?

Been longer than that.
    it would be mentioned, but there wasn't several pages of image spam from it

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    I think im going to check it out and see what all the fuss is about, lucky crunchyroll has it so ill watch there. Also Digglet who's your avatar and where is she from?
    Saya no Uta.
    it would be mentioned, but there wasn't several pages of image spam from it
    There was, maybe not in this thread, but I know for certain Remi and I spammed the old Chat Thread with Madoka yuri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    They still have appreciation threads about the characters a lot, especially Mami. And they say /a/ was all over Madoka while it was airing. Did you not 4chan on good friday? They "hate" it to be one of the cool kids.
    I used to be afraid of 4chan.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-05-30 at 03:49 AM.

Saya no Uta.

There was, maybe not in this thread, but I know for certain Remi and I spammed the old Chat Thread with Madoka yuri.

No it was this thead digglett.

As for only seeing it from a month ago nah it was very very very popular in this thread back in the day when it came out. I don't know what all the buzz is about. Yes the art and animation style is pretty cool but the story was kind of crap up until episode 10-12. RANT TIME! If the show had kept going on for another 10-12 eipisodes the show would have been great. I enjoyed everything past episode 10 but up to it it was really really bland. Just a bunch of O should I become a Magic Girl? NO Don't do it Madoka! But Maybe I should. No. Maybe I should NO! O look death trololol should I become one now! NO..... Still becomes one...... Dies than mind fucks the universe until she is out of existence....... Moral of the story don't write anime when you are tripping on LSD....
    Laylie Rant out.... Also these assholes made me watch it as my first magic girl anime tricking me into thinking it was a cute little show but no I got trolled by these jerks >.< BAKAS!
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2012-05-30 at 04:14 AM.

And then Skelington joined the fray in other threads.
    That's silly. Even the rumors about 4chan didn't make it sound bad.

And then Skelington joined the fray in other threads.
    That's silly. Even the rumors about 4chan didn't make it sound bad.
    Laylie got banned from 4 chan for 5 years xD Don't ask why >.<
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2012-05-30 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    I got perma banned once (don't ask me why), but a new router reset my IP for me. Not that I go on there anymore.. I got sick as hell of that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I got perma banned once (don't ask me why), but a new router reset my IP for me. Not that I go on there anymore.. I got sick as hell of that place.
    you can just unplug your modem for a few hours and get a new ip (with most isps). just do it overnight. not that exciting

No one will ever tell Skelington why they got banned from 4chan.
    Tell him dammit. You can't just bring it up like that with no closure.

Damm perma banned from 4 chan you got some massive troll skills there

10+ Year Old Account
    This Madoka talk makes laylie sad.... Am the only one who thought the show wasn't very good. If it wasn't for episode 10-12 the show would have been complete shit.
    Meh. It's a solid series just not the "greatest anime evar!" some people make it out to be. Really though, no mega-hyped series can ever live up to expectations.

Nah, /a/ used to love it. It's the cool thing to say you hate things there after they air.
    Yeah, I never understand the mentality of some people to hate of something because it is popular. Do people actually think it somehow makes then edgier or cooler because of that? I guess it is a lot like the hipster thing of "I was a fan of that series/band/book/whatever before they were popular." Pretty much whenever I see someone use the word "mainstream" in a negative connotation, I just assume they are a douche-bag and write them off.

Laylie Rant out.... Also these assholes made me watch it as my first magic girl anime tricking me into thinking it was a cute little show but no I got trolled by these jerks >.< BAKAS!
    Haha, that was pretty funny. Hey, at least we didn't over hype the hell out of it and let you go into the series pretty much blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I have still yet to ever really go on 4chan. It all seems kinda of scary and complicated when I first heard about it. The way I figure, reddit will repost anything worth reading from there anyways.

what is reddit anyways? But debating on going back and watching ah my goddess both seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Most likely not until it is released on Blu-ray and DVD.
    As far as i can tell that is the the DVD/Blu-ray version...film was released in February, just a slap dash job for the rip if there was even any subs on the disc...just need to bide my time and hope a group picks it up.

Had a quick flick through the film though...The CG is good in some places and terrible in others and the colors are off from the series which is a bit weird...tbh i think i would stick with the series for the golden age arc, but i'll still give it a chance when i get the subbed version.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    As far as i can tell that is the the DVD/Blu-ray version...film was released in February, just a slap dash job for the rip if there was even any subs on the disc...just need to bide my time and hope a group picks it up.

Had a quick flick through the film though...The CG is good in some places and terrible in others and the colors are off from the series which is a bit weird...tbh i think i would stick with the series for the golden age arc, but i'll still give it a chance when i get the subbed version.
    Yeah, looks like it was released 5/23
    http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=724

google translate:
    Blu-ray & DVD will be released tomorrow May 23, "Eggs of the Golden Age Hen Hao Ⅰ" (water) finally.
    Minutes of Blu-ray Limited Edition jacket specifications drawn by Kentaro Miura sensei!
    Upon visual public jacket, I received a comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    It's not really scary. There's swear words and raging but also some decent discussions. Sure some boards have gore stuff but you'll be fine if you only stick to the manga/anime related ones. /w/ is pretty nice too, all that nice art.
    Reddit isn't all that active when it comes to anime/manga, I could be wrong though since I'm not really visiting those places.
    Yeah not a lot of anime/manga talk on Reddit. But really, between this site, reddit, imgur, AV Club, Destructoid, Siliconera, and all the other various anime and/or gaming news websites and message boards I visit on a daily basis, I already spend too much time online. I don't think I need to add another one to that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post

Yeah, looks like it was released 5/23
    http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=724

google translate:
    There ya go, looks like the movie was just released on Blu-ray about a week ago. Should be some nice quality subbed rips popping up around the net here pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/....php?t=1058863

that is no fun for the creator at all leaving her out of her own creation.

and lol at the madoka talk, atleast it's normal chat, last time it went about madoka god and haruhi god....
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah not a lot of anime/manga talk on Reddit. But really, between this site, reddit, imgur, AV Club, Destructoid, Siliconera, and all the other various anime and/or gaming news websites and message boards I visit on a daily basis, I already spend too much time online. I don't think I need to add another one to that list.
    Drop reddit and use 4chan. It's good for a read sometimes and images of every degree. Especially loli or hentai.
    And you're spending too little time on the internet if it's not consuming at least 20 hours of your day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop reddit and use 4chan. It's good for a read sometimes and images of every degree. Especially loli or hentai.
    And you're spending too little time on the internet if it's not consuming at least 20 hours of your day.
    Heh. Well really, I mostly just go on imgur and flip though the top recently added images. I need my daily dose of lolcats!

As for not spending enough time on the net... I think I sat down at my PC around 8pm to quickly look up a couple things and then play a game before sleep. It is now after 3am and I never did play that game.