i use openings to count the seasons.every time the opening changes thats a new season for me
    You know me... but I do not know you. You would speak against me... make the others see me as you do... you would have them distrust their comrade of old... their brother... You will not be allowed to spread any of your malicious falsehoods...

Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Just finished Highschool DxD! Watching Highschool of the Dead... Only other recent animes I've watched in years are Deadman Wonderland, and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I tried watching Lucky Star, but that didn't go over well (I just stopped watching it, I might start up again). Any suggestions after Highschool of the Dead? Anything related (Or like) these animes would be pretty welcome, I don't know how to really find a new anime to watch. That's why I only watch very few over the years...

Tell us WHAT about them ya liked and we can help. When you've seen as much anime as some of us here have(over 510 series in my case) it can become quite difficult to recommend a series to someone without knowing more about why they like about other series.

Also look up the anime request thread you should find some reccomendations all set and just give us series ya like and the reason why for best results.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    i use openings to count the seasons.every time the opening changes thats a new season for me
    Okay then cybuster is 26 episodes and one season(only one OP). You may wanna find better criteria. There IS a term in japan for such scenarios(they have a term for the 12-13 episode mark) however i sadly can't remember it. And yes even cybuster would be a 2 part of such scenarios.

Oh and under your own terms a 49 episode series like Digimon would again be one season. So yeah pretty ill defined way to judge the length/seasons of a series.

Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    Technically a new season is when it has been green-lit by the production company for the company making it to keep making new episodes because the ones they where allowed to make where successful enough to merit more episodes.

Even a 12 episode anime can have two ops splitting half way through, but it wouldn't make it two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Thanks man.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 12:21 AM ----------

Ya know server transfers are free right?

Also seems my copy of Madoka vol 3 LE shipped yesterday.
    but you already guildy. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    but you already guildy. D:
    I meant you could join me and brigandi LOL. I CAN invite ya know.

I meant you could join me and brigandi LOL. I CAN invite ya know.
    but I in guildy. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Fate/Zero. I marathoned the first season and I absolutely love it. The story and the characters are just great.

Hoo-damn, the animation. The couple of action scenes are a joy to watch thanks to the smoothness.
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Zrv6y_-v9Qg#t=63s"]Look at that smoothness.[/URL]
    Better than Naruto, DBZ, and Bleach lawlawlalawl.

If you aren't watching Fate/Zero right now you are doing it wrong. That is all.

then transfer over with the whole guild rem, to form a super guild *rollseyes*

Okay then cybuster is 26 episodes and one season(only one OP). You may wanna find better criteria. There IS a term in japan for such scenarios(they have a term for the 12-13 episode mark) however i sadly can't remember it. And yes even cybuster would be a 2 part of such scenarios.

Oh and under your own terms a 49 episode series like Digimon would again be one season. So yeah pretty ill defined way to judge the length/seasons of a series.
    anime that are 12-15 episodes long ( exceptions like upotte and nise included ) are called half season

anime with 24+ episodes are called full season
    Last edited by Synaia; 2012-06-10 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    anime that are 12-15 episodes long ( exceptions like upotte and nise included ) are called half season

anime with 24+ episodes are called full season
    I have seen it referred to as cour I think. So like a series with 10-14 episodes would be a 1 cour series and one with 24-26 would be a 2 cour series. I think it comes from quarter since 4 cour would be around 52 episodes or one full year.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2012-06-10 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I have seen it referred to as cour I think. So like a series with 10-14 episodes would be a 1 cour series and one with 24-26 would be a 2 cour series. I think it comes from quarter since 4 cour would be around 52 episodes or one full year.
    Pretty sure this is the term. And yeah pretty much what skizzit described here.

Anyone have any recommendations for Seinen animes? I've seen a few but am not looking for fanservice but more like animes similar to Black Lagoon
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    a cour = half season

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    a cour = half season
    Still pretty sure a 12-13(and 10 these days) are a cour.

Still pretty sure a 12-13(and 10 these days) are a cour.
    that's still the same u know, as 12-13 episodes are a half season, which is a cour.

anyway persona 3 movie green-lit
    it's just about milking the persona franchise atm from the looks of it.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tion-confirmed

and the music producer of nitro+ was killed
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...after-stabbing

Just watched Nazo no Kanojo X [Mysterious Girlfriend X] Episode 10

What is up with the drool double standards? Yes, sure, Tsubaki might have some feeling for his old crush, but other than that, Urabe has let other people taste her drool. Other people have already tasted Tsubaki's drool.

His old crush.
    The whole boyfriend story is a lie, isn't it? Those tears were because he was dating someone.
    She had it all planned from the beginning, didn't she? Hate people like that.
    But it is all good, the series was beginning to get stale, it needed this kind of drama at this right moment.
    For a show about drool, it feels like it is all [spoiler]spit

[/spoiler]
    pro-gun liberal

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Just watched Nazo no Kanojo X [Mysterious Girlfriend X] Episode 10

What is up with the drool double standards? Yes, sure, Tsubaki might have some feeling for his old crush, but other than that, Urabe has let other people taste her drool. Other people have already tasted Tsubaki's drool.

The drool is their relationship's equivalent to kissing/sex. The only other people who have tasted Urabe's drool was the one guy, whom she was rejecting, and Oka. Oka's first time happened on accident and each subsequent time she takes the drool by force. Tsubaki taking the drool of his old crush would be cheating on Urabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The drool is their relationship's equivalent to kissing/sex. The only other people who have tasted Urabe's drool was the one guy, whom she was rejecting, and Oka. Oka's first time happened on accident and each subsequent time she takes the drool by force. Tsubaki taking the drool of his old crush would be cheating on Urabe.
    So it would be ok for Tsubaki to give his drool to his old crush, in order to reject her; however, it would be cheating if any of them tasted other people's drool?
    pro-gun liberal

Steins;Gate is so good that I am watching it again with my friend and loving it just as much, understanding what is happening makes it even better.

Also about to watch either Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica or Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo. Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Steins;Gate is so good that I am watching it again with my friend and loving it just as much, understanding what is happening makes it even better.

Also about to watch either Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica or Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo. Probably both.
    Hehe, nice! I need to rewatch S;G myself sometime (Got so much on my To-Watch list before then, though!).

Girl Who Leapt Through Time is sweet and very pretty, I say go for it. It's a movie too, so it's not a big time-sink.

Gonna watch Madoka Magica myself after I'm done with Nirai Nikki, which is pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    So it would be ok for Tsubaki to give his drool to his old crush, in order to reject her; however, it would be cheating if any of them tasted other people's drool?
    Something like that, he supposes. Tsubaki wanted to take her drool out on a whim and full of lust. Urabe didn't care about the other guy at all, and, as far as Skelington remembers, Tsubaki's drool doesn't work like Urabe's does.