Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    This thread is more popular than the entire sports forum combined! I've been watching the post count and from the day it's started it's had more posts than the sports forum. I say we lay claim to that forum for the good of all anime! After all, who really cares about sports anyways....

...unless it's a sports anime that is.
    mhm, been wondering... are there any good sports-anime out there? thoug the only ones in that directions that i've seen were tsubasa/road to 2002 and "ganbare kickers", waaaay back in my childhood with "awesome" german translation

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    mhm, been wondering... are there any good sports-anime out there? thoug the only ones in that directions that i've seen were tsubasa/road to 2002 and "ganbare kickers", waaaay back in my childhood with "awesome" german translation
    Hajime no Ippo is a pretty popular sports anime. I put it on hold part of the way through but thought it was ok.
    Two others I haven't seen but have heard good things about are Cross Game and Major Season. Honestly though, this is one of my least favorite genres, so my opinion on this probably isn't the best.

as ^ said, Hajime no Ippo is a great anime (boxing related).
    Slam Dunk is also really good (basketball related).

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Anyway, hate to derail the thread but would you guys mind giving me any tips on any anime that resembles Death Note or Code Geass in any way. Like, the main character is really intellectual and wants to do good, but ends up doing some pretty evil things. If there even are any of that kind out there, thanks
    Those are the only two I can think of that are really similar to each other. Baccano! and Monster are two others you may want to look into though that are somewhat similar. Gungrave also has some hints of those two but it is much more action oriented, especially towards the end

FYI talking about websites that are illegally hosting the content (as far as i can gather, the one you mentioned is illegal) can get you banned from mmo-champion. Talking about hulu or crunchyroll (which has become much more legitimate these past couple years) is ok though.

Deleted
    Beyond what's been recommended already, I can think of Eyeshield 21. It's about American football.

sekirei anime count as a sport?...well their playing a big giant game arnt they...among other things..

Deleted
    Ookiku Furikabutte (baseball) and Giant Killing (football) are probably the best sport anime I've seen neither series rely on overpowered characters or unrealistic moves to win games (such as the case with Hajime no Ippo, Prince of Tennis and Major)

Cross Game is a good series but it's not really a sport anime.

As for the winter season, well my initial assessment seems pretty much spot on with the big four being Wandering Son, Fractale, Level E and Mahou Shoujo Madoka. Wandering Son I have to say is truly special and unique. Gosick is also getting better and more interesting with each episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I think one of the closest ones on my list with this is "Darker Than Black". Maybe "Black Lagoon" as well though. Both are interesting regardless though. Maybe Mushi-Uta as well, but the conclusion is a bit different from what you want. Maybe Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou if you don't mind Ecchi Anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Those are the only two I can think of that are really similar to each other. Baccano! and Monster are two others you may want to look into though that are somewhat similar. Gungrave also has some hints of those two but it is much more action oriented, especially towards the end
    Thank you, I'll look these up asap

Edit: About the sport anime, I've heard about one (but haven't seen it), it's called One Outs. It's about baseball and stuff. Here's a plot summary shamelessly taken from wikipedia:
    "Hiromichi Kojima, the star batter of the Lycaons, heads to Okinawa to train and bring himself out of a slump. There, he meets Toua Tokuchi, a 134 km/h (83 mph) pitcher and the undisputed king of a gambling form of baseball called "One Outs". At Kojima's urging, Tokuchi signs up with the Lycaons. His contract, the 'One Outs contract', differs from the usual, though, in that he gets 5,000,000 yen for every out he pitches, but loses 50,000,000 yen for every run he gives up."
    Last edited by BHD; 2011-01-23 at 09:44 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    There isnt that many like Geass, thats part of the reason I like it.
    Nope, but thats not what the user asked for.
    He asked for an Anime that has a Main character that tries to do good but happens to be more "Evil" because of it.

Black Lagoon is about a businessman that joins the Mafia.
    Darker than Black about people with special powers. This guy just follows orders and tries to save stuff, but does so by killing people and going against the police.
    Mushi-Uta is about people with special "Bug Summoning" powers where the main character is a person that "steals dreams".
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou about a boy that wants to become the most holy man there is, but turns out to be the next Demon King. Goes around really hurting people with a small army of Demons, Ninja's and what not to "destroy" God (Yggdrasil).

So yeah, those were the closest I remember. There is 1 other, but I so far haven't found a Sub for it. I watched it subbed originally, but I can only find Dubbed now
    Dawwwwwww

If you are looking for a sport anime, i have a few recommendations.

Hajime No Ippo ( Boxing )
    Major ( Baseball )
    Slam Dunk ( Basketball )
    One Outs ( Baseball )
    Dare Boys ( Basketball )

15+ Year Old Account

Sport Anime

Some Sport Anime that I know of.

1. Air Gear
    2. Baki The Grappler
    3. Bamboo Blade
    4. Capeta
    5. Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002
    6. Cross Game
    7. Eyeshield 21
    8. Hajime no Ippo
    9. Hajime no Ippo New Challenger
    10. Hikaru No Go
    11. Hungry Heart Wild Striker
    12. Immortal Grand Prix
    13. Legend of Koizumi
    14. Lovely Complex
    15. Major
    16. One Outs
    17. Ookiku Furikabutte
    18. Over Drive
    19. Prince of Tennis
    20. Shion no Ou
    21. Slam Dunk
    22. Suzuka
    23. Taisho Era Baseball Girls
    24. Whistle
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    sekirei anime count as a sport?...well their playing a big giant game arnt they...among other things..
    (Contains minor spoilers!!)

Giant game, which is pointless to the ground. Even though it is a rather good anime, killing other sekirei just to "win the prize" seems so.. Unworthy.
    But that's my opinion.
    Sahashi Minato <3!

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 02:01 PM ----------

Some Sport Anime that I know of.

1. Air Gear
    It's a SPORTS anime?! I always thought it was a ecchi/rollerskate anime..

Btw, here's a anime-planet link to Sport anime.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-01-24 at 01:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    It's a SPORTS anime?! I always thought it was a ecchi/rollerskate anime..
    Rollerskating is still a sport
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-01-24 at 01:38 PM.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Did anyone mention Mind Game or Tekkon Kinkreet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rollerskating is still a sport
    I can't thank you enough for this.

Also as the "subbed-or-nothing" type who surprisingly loved the English dub of Haruhi Suzumiya,

I was blown away by this.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Anyway, hate to derail the thread but would you guys mind giving me any tips on any anime that resembles Death Note or Code Geass in any way.
    it's not derailing, giving and asking for recommendations was part of the reason i made this thread in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxZarin View Post
    Keep up with this thread, I cannot. lol
    *pats*
    it's kinda hard for me, too^^

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I say we lay claim to that forum for the good of all anime! After all, who really cares about sports anyways....
    !

man that music is terrible rofl i prefer the theme song to clannadAS/angel beats or code geass tbh

Deleted
    Watching several anime at the moment, I can't keep my mind with either one of them, except for Somedays Dreamers.
    - Pita Ten: some anoying angel stalks a kid. I probably will see this through, but if I like it? :P
    - Touka Gettan: Odd things are happening in an odd world. Some guy -girl?- has weird powers, just like half of the school. It aired backwards, but I watch it chronological.
    - Somedays Dreamers: A nice Slice-of-Life revolving around a 17-year old magic-user. I really like Slice-of-Life, and this one has a lot of it, and a lot less magic.
    - Special A: I'm getting anoyed by this anime, I've no real intensions of finishing it (and I'm only at episode 3 ).

....I should stop downloading series judging on their art, and more on the story. >D

I'm sure some or all of these have been listed but..
    Nausicaa Valley of the Wind, Macross Plus, Patlabor, Ninja Scroll, Ranma (i know..), FLCL, Macross Frontier, Record of Lodoss Wars

I could go on but these are the ones that stand out for me in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    "Trigun: Badlands Rumble" For every Trigun Fan an absolute MUST SEE! Totally awesome
    Little OST peek:
    Hmm...not sure. I liked Trigun but the thing I liked about it was how most everything was tied up in the ending so...I don't know.