Higurashi no Naku Koro ni could always be something if you havent seen it. Both different and similar settings. Its essentially labeled as a horror, and 3rd or 4th episode will cause you to gain extreme paranoia if you watch it during the evening in a dark room, but other than that, its a really nice anime.
    Even if its labeled as horror its not really scary, apart from what i just said :P By the 5th eps you'll be rid of previously mentioned paranoia, and it will all be happy happy.
    I'd stay away from it however, if you dont like seeing blood and guts, or similar (theres not a lot, just some eps).

So Jinrui, was the other assistant like character suppose to be the same one? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    So Jinrui, was the other assistant like character suppose to be the same one? I'm confused.
    He was the grandfather. When she went to that time jump she appeared in an unfamiliar area and the fairies later said that they sent her too far back or something. At the end Watashi told her grandfather that he stole the sundial watch, which is what the kid did.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    He was the grandfather. When she went to that time jump she appeared in an unfamiliar area and the fairies later said that they sent her too far back or something. At the end Watashi told her grandfather that he stole the sundial watch, which is what the kid did.
    Oh wow, I was way off, that's actually really neat.

Well im glad someone understood it atleast. All i could manage to think of was the fairies making some wierd banana to multiply her and make candy for them, and something going wrong with it. Terribly confusing tbh. Then somewhere towards the end with that dog explination and shizzle 0.o
    I never thought about the "other" assistant being her grandfather. Thought it was some wierd paradox thingie where the assistant wasnt a quiet child but that lively one instead.

Most confusing jinrui episode so far tbh, although the others werent confusing, they were just wierd.

Also, Assistant's voice was hnnnng.

Herald of the Titans Flutterguy's Avatar
    Watching Record of Lodoss War. Such a nostalgia dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Ro-Kyu-Bu!

If anything has quality animation it's that show.

Plus it's lolis playing basketball. What more could you want?

Also Tari Tari, just for the backgrounds alone.
    You forgot it's Tinkle's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You forgot it's Tinkle's work.
    Still waiting for season two. <3

Oh and I heard soon there might.. might.. soon.. be an announcement for second season of Denpa Onna.

I shouldn't set my hopes up though.

New YRYR episode was great. All that China Sue. Despite being worst Yuri she made me laugh a lot this episode.

Oh how I wish Spice and Wolf's anime kept going. Holo is the best character of all time.

Oh my god my ears.

I don't think I can even understand them half the time the VA is that god awful compared to the original. It seems way too "happy" when in the glorious Nipponese version they had that melodramatic air even when something funny was happening, making it so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
    Welp. How are they doing the Engrish parts in the dubbed version?
    No idea, but in that clip alone it shows they replaced all the @channel jokes with...

wait for it..

"fan-fic" jokes.

Fan fic jokes, really..? Kurisu, Daru, and Moeka's voices don't fit them at all.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-21 at 11:58 PM.

At least Mayuri's voice is somewhat fitting. Okabe's voice is bad, but at least you can tell the VA is trying to act. Everyone else is so forced. Jeez, the dub is so bad.

At least Mayuri's voice is somewhat fitting. Okabe's voice is bad, but at least you can tell the VA is trying to act. Everyone else is so forced. Jeez, the dub is so bad.
    I agree. Okabe's voice doesn't fit him, I wouldn't go far to say he's a bad VA, he is acting well, he just doesn't fit the character.

I've finally realized the one thing I hate most about anime.

How in basically every fight ever the MC side is a complete idiot in finishing the fight. For example they punch down the bad guy, then decide to take a good minute stretching, or talking to someone, or seeing how someone else is doing, then wonder why the hell the enemy just hit them in the head with something.

Why can't they just finish the fight? Why oh WHY do characters always ALWAYS take pauses in the middle of fighting for the most rediculous of reasons? I swear, so many people in all sorts of shows would be saved and so much time saved if they just finished the job when the enemy was first down, instead of the 20th time after something unexpected happens to help the good guys at the very last moment.

Pisses me off.

In related news.. watching Index (yah, you can probably tell why I ranted above) and just about to finish up with season 2. I love all the story development, but I am really wondering when all the characters paths are actually going to come together? I hate it especially (though I know they do this on purpose) when say Accelerator was with Index and Touma was with Mini Misaka, yet the two girls split just at the very last moment before Touma was going to see Accelerator. I swear they do this just to get your hopes up something is going to happen then remove all hope and bring you deep into despair until it happens again, and again. I just want all the main characters (Index, Touma, Misaka, Accelerator, the red fire guy, the girl companion) to just meet up finally and continue the story. It's feeling like a condensed version of ASoIAF ffs. :|

Despite all the things that piss me off in Index though I really am enjoying it a hell of a lot and I can't wait for the movie and either Railgun 2 or Index 3. Just started reading the Index light novels today.

Also, does anyone know how far season 2 goes up to in the LN's? I guess I'll find out soon enough either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I've finally realized the one thing I hate most about anime.

How in basically every fight ever the MC side is a complete idiot in finishing the fight. For example they punch down the bad guy, then decide to take a good minute stretching, or talking to someone, or seeing how someone else is doing, then wonder why the hell the enemy just hit them in the head with something.

Why can't they just finish the fight? Why oh WHY do characters always ALWAYS take pauses in the middle of fighting for the most rediculous of reasons? I swear, so many people in all sorts of shows would be saved and so much time saved if they just finished the job when the enemy was first down, instead of the 20th time after something unexpected happens to help the good guys at the very last moment.

Pisses me off.
    I can agree to a degree. There's always silly talk in a lot of anime. I guess the creators would run out of bad guys if they always finished them off though. In many anime/manga its also about the MC not wanting to actually kill someone, which i guess adds to why the hell they dont get finished off.

Personally though, i have something i dislike more than this behaviour: When the MC is a bloody weakling...UNTIL the last eps, where he gets some magical powerup and smashes stuff apart. I prefer the line of gradually getting better, and actually succeeding in stuff and not always getting your ass kicked and being saved by someone else (see: Maken-ki anime for a good example). Is also a reason i sort of liked FSN: Unlimitied Bladeworks ending more than the normal FSN, because he wasnt a weakling with a small dagger needing to land one small hit, and almost failing to, but rather got to utilize his magic potential and kicking ass. Sure, most of those powers came towards the end, but not as much as some anime.
    Conclusion: I hate horribly weak main chars that cant do anything else than rely on others, but still wanting to kick that big bad guys ass :P

Both of you are describing deus ex machina endings.
    Yeah, it's a shitty plot device. So far I've mainly seen them in Shounen Action/Battle anime/manga (Note: Shounen Action/Battle because saying "All Shounen shows are bad because they have this plot device!" is just so damn wrong it makes me cringe.) - however, there are some exceptions.
    There needs to be more Emiya Kiritsugu main characters.

They should've serialized FSN: UBW instead of FSN. Kinda liked the movie more than the series, too bad the story was really rushed.
    All I want in a fight is for the MC to have the villain on the ground and just once... ONCE... put a sword or whatever through the guys heart before saying a SINGLE word or looking around anywhere. Chop off the head for good measure and roast it.

Pandaren Monk
    They should've serialized FSN: UBW instead of FSN. Kinda liked the movie more than the series, too bad the story was really rushed.
    Both the series and the movie are awful compared to the VN. I can hardly wait for them to ruin Heavens Feel in a movie/series.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Both the series and the movie are awful compared to the VN. I can hardly wait for them to ruin Heavens Feel in a movie/series.
    But... but... ufotable Heaven's Feel!

One can dream.