1. #12961
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Both the series and the movie are awful compared to the VN. I can hardly wait for them to ruin Heavens Feel in a movie/series.
    I agree, there was no sex!
    Funny notes aside, most who play VNs will always feel that anime or such aren't as good as the VN. I haven't played the FSN VN (despite having it installed for a loooong while), so i'll still feel the anime was decent. I can understand that point of view though, because i keep comparing manga i've read to anime when they make one for it >.<
    I think it's very difficult for an anime to follow a VN exactly, however, without becoming very boring for the average audience. It's not the same thing as playing a VN after all.

    On that note, i really should play the FSN VN already, shouldn't i? :P

  2. #12962
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    I agree, there was no sex!
    there is sex in both FSN and FSN UBW. nothing is shown though

  3. #12963
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    The "sex" in FSN and UBW feels horribly out of place though.
    well FSN it seems alright.
    UBW it's really forced though but I think it's more because of the breakneck speed they had to go at.

    fun little fact
    In 2011, the writers Chris Klug and Josiah Lebowitz in their book Interactive storytelling for video games praised Fate/stay night as a strong example of branching storylines and interactive storytelling, comparing its depth and complexity to that of a traditional novel. They also noted that the English fan translation of the game has a total word count, taking into account all the branching paths, exceeding that of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
    from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate_stay_night

  4. #12964
    Epic! personn5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Oh how I wish Spice and Wolf's anime kept going. Holo is the best character of all time.
    I agree, wish there was another season or two for it. There's what...17 books for it? The anime's only covered a couple of it, wanna see the rest of it.
    The show by the same director(someone posted it a few pages back, I think) looks interesting though, will have to check it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Watching Record of Lodoss War. Such a nostalgia dose.
    I remember watching that randomly last summer due to a friend talking about it, haven't seen the second season or whatever it is though, but I've heard its terrible, is that right?

  5. #12965
    Im waiting for the next good gundam anime or anything good by Sunrise, Ive been waiting since Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00 ended >.>

  6. #12966
    Sorry for going all ninja-question on you with this, but what the heck!

    Any of you guys know whether or not we will be able to download/stream Koi-ken online outside of Jpn? I really want to watch that sh*t, but you can't unless you live in Japan :<

  7. #12967
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Im waiting for the next good gundam anime or anything good by Sunrise, Ive been waiting since Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00 ended >.>
    You are probably going to end up waiting for a long time. Might as well broaden your horizons and check out other types of anime. :P



    Just finished Index II. Even though I love the characters and the story in the world... how they do it just pisses me off. Especially how you never see any of the main characters work together. Except for perhaps sometimes Misaka/Touma or Index/Touma but they always end up getting split up before any big fight happens. There is always -always- something that splits up the characters, or stops them from meeting up in the first place to fight together. All I want to see is Misaka fighting with Index fighting with Touma fighting with Accelerator and so on and they all know who each other is and what they are capable of what what is really happening in the main story-line.

    I was almost crying in agony watching the fight with Accelerator protecting mini Misaka near the end and he can't even turn his eyes a millimeter to see what Index is doing and wonder what Index really is. There is so much disconnect between the characters it's like they really should be in different anime or seasons, and not all one story. If they just banded them up together and continued the main story-line (the war and all) through to it's conclusion it would be so much more bearable.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 07:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    Sorry for going all ninja-question on you with this, but what the heck!

    Any of you guys know whether or not we will be able to download/stream Koi-ken online outside of Jpn? I really want to watch that sh*t, but you can't unless you live in Japan :<
    It just depends on either when a fansub group will decide to pick it up and translate it for us, or if it will ever get licensed into English (which I doubt from what I see of what it is about).

    So other then hoping a group picks it up we might not even get it. Generally groups pick it up if it hasn't been yet once the BRs come out.

  8. #12968
    Just started Nodame Cantabile even though the idea of anime based around music put me off. Lets just say I wish I started it sooner.

  9. #12969
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,385
    Was behind on Accel World, catching up now but let me say this, wow, I always disliked Chiyu, but now? What the fuck. What a bitch.


  10. #12970
    Recently started Rosario + Vampire. Great show, but the music and singing really stand out for me. Just love it. Especially the scene where Mizore and Kurumu are singing. So awesome.

  11. #12971
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Recently started Rosario + Vampire. Great show, but the music and singing really stand out for me. Just love it. Especially the scene where Mizore and Kurumu are singing. So awesome.
    LOL yeah great scene. NOW READ THE MANGA. It is SOOOOOOO much better. It gets much more in depth in all areas. the combat the world and the characters let alone the relationships. Just trust me it is truly better on every level aside form fan service.

  12. #12972
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,385
    That last Binbougami episode, fucking Rindou is such a bro. ;_;


  13. #12973
    So I waged war against the Moe for many months(as you can see in my post history I've been gone a while).

    Ultimately my friends goaded me into watching "Puella Magi Madoka Magica".

    I looked at the cover art and said "what are they thinking, this show looks like it was made for little girls! How are people emotionally affected by stuff like this?!"

    12 episodes later....I'm on the border of crying after having my mind ravaged.

    If that wasn't enough, they told me to watch Clannad afterwards, and I was like "oh, school life can't be that bad". It wasn't that bad, then they told me to watch After Story.....

    After having my mind ravaged by After Story, I've finally broken down and become a full blown weaboo, and now can't stop watching Anime.

    Congratulations you Kawaii bastards, you beat me >.<, you've changed an Anime-hater into a MASSIVE weaboo >.<...nyan..nyan..
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

  14. #12974
    Ahh.. Clannad strikes again! Welcome to the club. Although, isn't "weaboo" used in a negative way? :c

    To something completely different.. I'm currently visiting my dad in the US and so I went back to a store full of anime/manga stuff like posters/bags/clothes/keychains/etc. that I noticed last time I visited him. I looked around for something connected to steins;gate (it HAS aired in the US now, hasn't it?) but no luck at all. You can't have such a store and not include something from steins;gate To be fair, they mostly had shounen and hello kitty-related stuff, but still.. They did have a poster of some characters from Madoka in bikinis, though. And a loli-ish pillow. There's no real meaning to this text, I just wanted to rant a bit.. I was so excited about getting an Okabe-poster or some nice mangas.. :c
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

  15. #12975
    Hmm...from what I know...

    People used to call those who liked lots of Japanese stuff "Wapanese", which was basically White+Japanese.
    THIS is what people found offensive, and changed it to weaboo.

    Otaku
    Over here it just meant someone obessed with Anime, as far as I know.
    In Japan it's an insult, basically calling someone a no-life bum who has an extreme obsession with something. The obsession doesn't have to be anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

  16. #12976
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    So I waged war against the Moe for many months(as you can see in my post history I've been gone a while).

    Ultimately my friends goaded me into watching "Puella Magi Madoka Magica".

    I looked at the cover art and said "what are they thinking, this show looks like it was made for little girls! How are people emotionally affected by stuff like this?!"

    12 episodes later....I'm on the border of crying after having my mind ravaged.

    If that wasn't enough, they told me to watch Clannad afterwards, and I was like "oh, school life can't be that bad". It wasn't that bad, then they told me to watch After Story.....

    After having my mind ravaged by After Story, I've finally broken down and become a full blown weaboo, and now can't stop watching Anime.

    Congratulations you Kawaii bastards, you beat me >.<, you've changed an Anime-hater into a MASSIVE weaboo >.<...nyan..nyan..
    Welcome to the club! To be honest, you have hardly broached the magical land known as anime, and the two you listed are surely some of the more famous ones. Those are great ones to start out with though and really pull you in.

    Some others I could recommend right off the bat for you to check out:
    Code Geass (As many people like saying, this one is in a league of it's own)
    Steins;Gate
    Kanon
    Toradora!
    Haruhi
    Death Note

    Sure those are all really famous and have been liscenced out in English, but they are great starters. The best way to get recommendations is to just lurk around on what other people are watching or have watched and what they thought of it, or you could keep up with and discuss the new seasons currently airing in Japan.


    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Ahh.. Clannad strikes again! Welcome to the club. Although, isn't "weaboo" used in a negative way? :c

    To something completely different.. I'm currently visiting my dad in the US and so I went back to a store full of anime/manga stuff like posters/bags/clothes/keychains/etc. that I noticed last time I visited him. I looked around for something connected to steins;gate (it HAS aired in the US now, hasn't it?) but no luck at all. You can't have such a store and not include something from steins;gate To be fair, they mostly had shounen and hello kitty-related stuff, but still.. They did have a poster of some characters from Madoka in bikinis, though. And a loli-ish pillow. There's no real meaning to this text, I just wanted to rant a bit.. I was so excited about getting an Okabe-poster or some nice mangas.. :c
    Steins;Gate isn't out quite yet (Amazon has Part 1's BR for Sept 25th).

    In related news there is a mega store in the Tokyo District in LA I went to a month ago, and a good 75% of the store is directly from Japan. If you can speak and read Japanese it's a haven, but even then they still have rows and rows of English manga or subbed/dubbed anime. They even had a table with a TV and on the TV was playing all the OPs and EDs of the newest season, with the table before it filled with related material (such as the SAO light novels). They even had rows of art books on all sorts of shows going for $75-100 each. It made me cry realizing how much there was in there I wanted so badly but wasn't able to get.


    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    Hmm...from what I know...

    People used to call those who liked lots of Japanese stuff "Wapanese", which was basically White+Japanese.
    THIS is what people found offensive, and changed it to weaboo.

    Otaku
    Over here it just meant someone obessed with Anime, as far as I know.
    In Japan it's an insult, basically calling someone a no-life bum who has an extreme obsession with something. The obsession doesn't have to be anime.
    Weaboo, at least in internet slang, has quite a bit different definition from otaku. Otaku just means you like anime/manga to the point of near obsession over it. Weaboo can mean you have a complete obsession over absolutely everything from Japan, even if it is completely worthless you would spend hundreds of dollars just to own it. As an otaku you still love things that come from Japan, but you don't obsess over things that are obviously horrid quality just because the Japanese made it.

    (Though that's what some people believe, personally I have nothing wrong with the term or having someone call me it. I guess different definitions over the internet)

    Otaku in Japanese is something you wouldn't want to be called. I think the definition over there is even worse, almost a perverted stalker-like shut in you wouldn't want to be around for fear of your life.

  17. #12977
    Ah well, you see, that little story was the beginning of my Anime craze. I did continue on after that.

    Toradora(I loved this)
    Durarara( Durararararararararararararararararararara)
    Love Hina(uuuuugh, I hated this, so much)
    Lovely Complex(I liked this)
    Rumbling Hearts(my heart, my damn heart, ripped apart)
    Bokurano Manga(Okay now I'm really depressed)
    Elfen Lied Manga(Nevermind, NOW I'M DEPRESSED!)
    Ano Hana(WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MY EMOTIONS!)
    Sword Art online(REALLY DEPRESSED NOW ep 3)

    Then I really wanted to finish SAO so I started reading the light novel, I'm on volume 3 now at the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

  18. #12978
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    So I waged war against the Moe for many months(as you can see in my post history I've been gone a while).

    Ultimately my friends goaded me into watching "Puella Magi Madoka Magica".

    I looked at the cover art and said "what are they thinking, this show looks like it was made for little girls! How are people emotionally affected by stuff like this?!"

    12 episodes later....I'm on the border of crying after having my mind ravaged.

    If that wasn't enough, they told me to watch Clannad afterwards, and I was like "oh, school life can't be that bad". It wasn't that bad, then they told me to watch After Story.....

    After having my mind ravaged by After Story, I've finally broken down and become a full blown weaboo, and now can't stop watching Anime.

    Congratulations you Kawaii bastards, you beat me >.<, you've changed an Anime-hater into a MASSIVE weaboo >.<...nyan..nyan..
    Try Bokurano. Gaint robots that kill their pilots...Oh and a bunch of other messed up shit i is on the saem list as clannad for most depressing anime made.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    Hmm...from what I know...

    People used to call those who liked lots of Japanese stuff "Wapanese", which was basically White+Japanese.
    THIS is what people found offensive, and changed it to weaboo.

    Otaku
    Over here it just meant someone obessed with Anime, as far as I know.
    In Japan it's an insult, basically calling someone a no-life bum who has an extreme obsession with something. The obsession doesn't have to be anime.
    Yeah pretty much except weaboo is considered offensive by most.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    Ah well, you see, that little story was the beginning of my Anime craze. I did continue on after that.

    Toradora(I loved this)
    Durarara( Durararararararararararararararararararara)
    Love Hina(uuuuugh, I hated this, so much)
    Lovely Complex(I liked this)
    Rumbling Hearts(my heart, my damn heart, ripped apart)
    Bokurano Manga(Okay now I'm really depressed)
    Elfen Lied Manga(Nevermind, NOW I'M DEPRESSED!)
    Ano Hana(WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MY EMOTIONS!)
    Sword Art online(REALLY DEPRESSED NOW ep 3)

    Then I really wanted to finish SAO so I started reading the light novel, I'm on volume 3 now at the beginning.
    LOL so you HAVE seen Bokurano NICE.

    As for Love Hina yeah manga is SOOOOOO much better same for negima.

    And did you also see the elfen lied OVA or how about reading the manga(spoiler lucy/miu was conceived by rape in a laboratory)

    another is Fafner and Rahxepon both do what Eva did only better IMO.

    As for other advice just ask Syn and myself are among the most avid anime viewers out there. Though i am slowing down some...Since i lost not one but TWO 2.5 TERABYTE drives both FULL of anime. And i'm also rewatching some shows(like right now i;m watching kenichi again while playing GW1 in prep for 2 tonight) and so on.

  19. #12979
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,662
    Just saw the latest episode of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate. The episode was surprisingly well done, and so far the series has been great. The very very last scene made me hnng like crazy.

    It seems like all the shows this season have been great. Not stellar of course, but none of them bad.

  20. #12980
    It appears Amazon Prime has added a few anime on their free to watch list, not sure when this happened but seems to be fairly recently. No way to tell if they are subbed or dubbed though until trying to watch one. Example - Rahxephon is dubbed, He is My Master - subbed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I looked around for something connected to steins;gate(it HAS aired in the US now, hasn't it?)
    noooope.


    and weeaboo is more for people who are like "OMG JAPAN IS BEST COUNTRY EVER. EVERYTHING THEY HAVE AND DO IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE. I WANT TO BECOME JAPANESE" sums it up good: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...2384489116.jpg
    Last edited by bals; 2012-08-24 at 10:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •