10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I believe you can scientifically erase parts of your memory, but it is dangerous, very unreliable, and expensive.
    Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I've wanted something that did that ever since I really got into reading when I was really young. I'm looking at you Harry Potter. First thing I'd erase and reread lol. I've currently read the series/books around 30 times lol. Of course I'd use it for quite a few anime and other things too.
    Ah, I probably would end up reading a lot of books too, especially LotR, The Silmarillion & The Hobbit. First and foremost I would probably watch anime, though. Especially the ones that got me hooked (Naruto, Death Note & Code Geass).

Speaking of the first anime I've seen.. I believe School Days was the second anime I ever watched (apart from pokemon/digimon/etc when I was a kid).
    My. Mind.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    Part of me wants to watch Clannad for the first time again, but part of me really, really doesn't want to.
    I wouldn't mind watching Clannad for the first time again. But if I could, I wouldn't watch episode 16 of After Story in class.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I wouldn't mind watching Clannad for the first time again. But if I could, I wouldn't watch episode 16 of After Story in class.
    Well, I'm including After Story in that too. There were only two parts of the original series that really got to me. After Story on the other hand... I don't think my heart could handle going through that trauma again.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Oh my god, alpha as fuck. Wien is best Tari Tari.

[video=youtube;-14z9vYdPIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14z9vYdPIM[video]
    Male character of the season.

School Days left me traumatized and not feeling right for like a week after finishing it lol. Immediately after finishing the last episode I watched I think K-On! and kitten/puppy videos on youtube haha.

I never really got that emotional or cried/teary eyed until I started watching anime. Clannad and especially After Story was a big tear jerker. When Nagisa died was really sad. I was so happy when she came back, though I've heard that that was put in for people who couldn't deal with the thought of Nagisa dying. I choose to believe it was intentional lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    School Days left me traumatized and not feeling right for like a week after finishing it lol. Immediately after finishing the last episode I watched I think K-On! and kitten/puppy videos on youtube haha.

I never really got that emotional or cried/teary eyed until I started watching anime. Clannad and especially After Story was a big tear jerker. When Nagisa died was really sad. I was so happy when she came back, though I've heard that that was put in for people who couldn't deal with the thought of Nagisa dying. I choose to believe it was intentional lol.
    I thought the ending was kind of BS. The entire point is to not be able to deal with it. I like to think that episode never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    Well, I'm including After Story in that too. There were only two parts of the original series that really got to me. After Story on the other hand... I don't think my heart could handle going through that trauma again.
    I might just be fooling myself when I say that I wouldn't mind watching it for the first time again, I remember crying like a baby throughout the entirety of After Story. And I still hold Synaia personally responsible for making me cry in class, he's the one that insisted that I should watch the show. It's been months now, but still.. DAMN YOU! (Let's not mention that it also became one of my all-time favorites)
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-09-07 at 12:56 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it's much better. They way overdid the pervertedness of the MC and all the fanservice going on that there wasn't really any main story and there wasn't much character development until the last two or so episodes. The second season has a healthy dose of both and keeps the story going throughout the entire season while still having an adequate amount of ecchi and comedy.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 09:59 PM ----------

Already downloading.

There is a Steam group?
    We also have a MAL group. But i've been pretty off for several weeks so haven't been there in like 2-3 weeks i think.

I thought the ending was kind of BS. The entire point is to not be able to deal with it. I like to think that episode never happened.
    Well I couldn't deal with it so I like that episode lol. I like happy endings lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me a few more months when I get my external and allow my shitty internet to download, and I'll have quite a bit more lol. Also have to keep in mind I haven't been watching anime for long at all.
    Shitty internet? Hah i bet mine is WAAAY worse. I get 1MBPS LISTED actual speed is 180KBPS MAX.

Also i lost all of fairy tail 520+ episodes of one piecd ALL of urusuei yatsura ALL of ranma D gray man AND 220 episodes of naruto if i recall right. And that isn't even counting my HD collection or various old school series like Battle Programmer Shirase i think it was and ooooh so many more like Aquarion Evol and other now Funi titles hell i STILL had to go non anime sites to get d grayman.

So yeah it hurts and is depressing man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one around here who still watch streams instead of downloading anime? :/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Shitty internet? Hah i bet mine is WAAAY worse. I get 1MBPS LISTED actual speed is 180KBPS MAX.

I get anywhere between 200-300 kbs, so I'm not much better off lol.

Just finished yosuga no sora. Yeah I knew what was coming, but I feel confused and wanting more.

We also have a MAL group. But i've been pretty off for several weeks so haven't been there in like 2-3 weeks i think.
    Still banned there, haha.

I really enjoyed Yosuga no Sora. If you're looking for more, you might like Kiss x sis, Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!, Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai, and Onegai Twins. All very funny and dealing with the same thing as Yosuga no Sora. Also, I've never seen it, but I hear Aki-Sora is quite good. Just haven't gotten around to watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get anywhere between 200-300 kbs, so I'm not much better off lol.
    Yeah at my new place(did imention i'm moving into my own home?) i'm gonna get like 700KBPS but after having a 2.5MBPS(actual speed here) connection alot of shit seems slow. Also i left for one 25x slower due to bandwidth caps. I'll take slow and unlimited over fast and 400 plus(on the heavy anime months overage charges) bills anyday.

Also @the guy talking about streaming. Nah others do it too they just don't hang out here much anymore. Also i buy as well as download. I WILL stream if say an episode glitches and i'm marathoning but not often OR easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also @the guy talking about streaming. Nah others do it too they just don't hang out here much anymore.
    That sounds extremely ominous.

I really enjoyed Yosuga no Sora. If you're looking for more, you might like Kiss x sis, Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!, Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai, and Onegai Twins. All very funny and dealing with the same thing as Yosuga no Sora. Also, I've never seen it, but I hear Aki-Sora is quite good. Just haven't gotten around to watching it.
    Watching Yosuga no Sora right now (ep 4). Definitely going to check out the others I haven't seen yet.

Also, what is with all the VN anime being only 12 or so episodes? How is it sanely possible to put all the content from a VN into 12 episodes?

Yeah at my new place(did imention i'm moving into my own home?) i'm gonna get like 700KBPS but after having a 2.5MBPS(actual speed here) connection alot of shit seems slow. Also i left for one 25x slower due to bandwidth caps. I'll take slow and unlimited over fast and 400 plus(on the heavy anime months overage charges) bills anyday.

Also @the guy talking about streaming. Nah others do it too they just don't hang out here much anymore. Also i buy as well as download. I WILL stream if say an episode glitches and i'm marathoning but not often OR easily.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be able have an isp that had caps lol. I'm so envious of people with fast internet.

I used to stream, but after switching over, I'll never go back. They're lower quality and are just a hassle compared to having the show on your computer. If something like Crunchyroll offered more variety, I'd pay for it, but they don't offer enough content to make it worth it for me. Plus, I can't even stream their hd videos anyways since my internet blows lol. If I were someone with fast internet and something like Crunchyroll fit my needs, I could definitely see the appeal though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Mostly see streams with western stuff, but since I am not anywhere near fluent in Japanese, I just wait for subs, and its easier/faster to just download them.
    Is it really faster to download something than to watch it directly online?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Is it really faster to download something than to watch it directly online?
    It can be, especially if you have slow internet and the series is lengthy. Buffering's a bitch lol. When it's on your computer it boots up instantly and you can just skip through content, like episode recaps and ops. Plus, I always download while I'm sleeping/away/watching another anime, so I never really have to wait.
    Last edited by Hemoglobin; 2012-09-07 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit random but.. Why haven't anyone invented time machines or memory erasers yet? I want to watch my favorite anime for the first time again.
    Because science and physics and stuff.

I've wanted something that did that ever since I really got into reading when I was really young. I'm looking at you Harry Potter. First thing I'd erase and reread lol. I've currently read the series/books around 30 times lol. Of course I'd use it for quite a few anime and other things too.
    Oh man, there are so many books I would go back and read.

That's slightly better then mine. I get around 160kbps max. Of course I live in the boonies with 18 miles of Native American owned land between me and Phoenix. It seems that when they started building a bunch of houses out here and turned it into an actual town and not just a few gas stations, a supermarket and a drugstore, no one wanted to run cable lines all the way out here. The only way they got someone to do it was to sign an exclusive deal with the local phone / DSL company for a certain number of years. Thankfully that deal is finally up and I should be able to get actual high speed cable out here soon.

Am I the only one around here who still watch streams instead of downloading anime? :/
    Nah I stream. Mostly because of said crappy internet and pure laziness.