Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    >Buttmad
    >Can't handle the implications.
    >Worst mod 2012
    >I don't know what we're implying
    >do you even greentext

Also I'm done with what I was watching, someone give some good action animes plox, dark theme preferred.

Superpowers is a +.

People here always give the best suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The thought of some slow rate like 10 kb/s might be too much to bear though.

Unless you where ahead on your backlog by weeks.
    It wouldn't even have to be that slow. Just set it to 100 kb/s or something, which even on my shitty internet isn't that bad. I would probably notice it, but more then likely his/her internet is faster then mine. They might even be able to get away with more then that. Most people have significantly faster internet than me, so I'll assume they do to. It'll take a while, but it's better than streaming. And if you already have a backlog you wont even be waiting. And if that wont work, there has to be some time during the day/night that no one is using the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Not sure if you can do this, but you might be able to limit downloads to a certain time period. So it only downs between X and Y and then stops. You can also limit your download rate through whatever torrent program you use and they probably wouldn't even notice.
    Hmm maybe I'll have to check into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    >I don't know what we're implying
    >do you even greentext
    >Implying srsface
    >meme arrows
    >2028
    >ISHYGDDT

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    ^

Manime fans are scary. D:
    Mean Remi. ._.

Just finished Hyouka. Was good, but I'd of preferred a different ending.

>Worst mod 2012
    That's pretty harsh.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

>Implying srsface
    >meme arrows
    >2028
    >ISHYGDDT

Mean Remi. ._.
    >implying I was implying srsface
    >gedoffit

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    That's pretty harsh.
    I can feel the love from here though D:

I don't really understand the "no streaming" elitist thing.

My view on it is I don't care if people stream. If that's what they like, then whatever. For me streaming is more of a hassle. My internet is slow, which results in buffering and just overall delayed viewing. Whereas with downloading, I never have to wait once I get that first series. I can download while I sleep, during the day when I don't need the extra bandwidth, or even while I'm watching that first series I downloaded.

Then there's the biggest deal for me, which is the quality. I'm not going to find a 1080p stream. And if I somehow did find one, I wouldn't be able to watch it. At least not for a significant amount of time because my horrendous internet has to buffer the episode. Once the series is downloaded I can skip/load episodes instantly, skip forward or back within a episode, and so on. That's not happening with my internet on a stream.

Plus, I also like the fact that it's on my computer. I can go back to it and load up a episode any time I want.
    Last edited by Hemoglobin; 2012-09-29 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I don't really understand the "no streaming" elitist thing.
    I'm not against streaming if it's the better option for someone. If someone has the means to easily DL though and they aren't then they are generally lazy, don't know how to, or for some other reason don't want to. I don't know why you wouldn't pass up high quality non laggy video's where you choose the subber instead of spending however long searching for some video on the internet that you hope is passable quality with passable subs that won't freeze on you that you don't have to sign up and go through 100 offers for or pay for.

Well, Chocolate is done.

Was kind of hoping Vice President or Poorfag would of won the Ojima Roll. Oh well.

Best girl:

Tatami Galaxy is hard to follow. They speak so fast and the subs move at like 2 lines a second. Couldn't find a download that wasn't FLAC either and so now the video colors mess up.

This was a bad idea. Gonna watch Welcome to the NHK or something instead.

Color messing up might be a problem with your player. I use media player classic and the K-lite codec pack and never seem to have any issues. I know once I started downloading 10-bit anime vlc couldn't play it, at least not by itself, and all I would get was sound and a green screen.

Using MPC too but haven't downloaded the codec pack. Just watched Binbougami and everything was fine. The only difference between this file and all the other 10bit BDs he has is that this one is FLAC instead of mkv, and since Skelington really doesn't know about this stuff that sounds like the best scapegoat. And he's not really sure how to describe it, but it's whatever this is

Only said color because two of the times it turned red.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-09-29 at 06:01 AM.

Yeah, I don't know much about it either. There's some player, cccp or something along those lines, that I constantly see get recommended for watching anime with. Never bothered though since I've yet to have any issues with my current one.

Finished my latest batch of downloads so I started adding torrents of the rest on my list. About 500 gigs lol. That's going to take me months to finish.

Yeah, I don't know much about it either. There's some player, cccp or something along those lines, that I constantly see get recommended for watching anime with. Never bothered though since I've yet to have any issues with my current one.

Finished my latest batch of downloads so I started adding torrents of the rest on my list. About 500 gigs lol. That's going to take me months to finish.
    CCCP is a codec pack that has MPC with it. A bunch of audio/subtitle decoders and the like to make the smoothest possible watching experience.

My view on it is I don't care if people stream. If that's what they like, then whatever. For me streaming is more of a hassle. My internet is slow, which results in buffering and just overall delayed viewing. Whereas with downloading, I never have to wait once I get that first series. I can download while I sleep, during the day when I don't need the extra bandwidth, or even while I'm watching that first series I downloaded.

Then there's the biggest deal for me, which is the quality. I'm not going to find a 1080p stream. And if I somehow did find one, I wouldn't be able to watch it. At least not for a significant amount of time because my horrendous internet has to buffer the episode. Once the series is downloaded I can skip/load episodes instantly, skip forward or back within a episode, and so on. That's not happening with my internet on a stream.

Plus, I also like the fact that it's on my computer. I can go back to it and load up a episode any time I want.
    I have a pretty slow internet connection as well and find streaming to be much easier then downloading because of it. What I always do is start an episode playing and pause it and do something else for a few min to let it pre-load. Then I start the next episode and pause it to load while I am watching the first and just repeat that.

My biggest problem with downloading is my upload is so slow that I always kill my ratio on torrent sites by just downloading 1-2 series. Quality wise, I don't see the big difference. Maybe because I found a really good streaming site but I watch anime streamed on my 27" LCD TV and have no issues with quality.

I'm not against streaming if it's the better option for someone. If someone has the means to easily DL though and they aren't then they are generally lazy, don't know how to, or for some other reason don't want to. I don't know why you wouldn't pass up high quality non laggy video's where you choose the subber instead of spending however long searching for some video on the internet that you hope is passable quality with passable subs that won't freeze on you that you don't have to sign up and go through 100 offers for or pay for.
    I rarely have issues with the site I use. Maybe I just got lucky and found a great one.

I really don't care if someone else prefers downloading to streaming. I probably would as well if I had a better net connection and more HD space. I just don't understand when people talk down to others simply because they prefer streaming sites. We are all fans of anime right? Who cares how someone else watches it.

but that's not how it works at all, I have 2 streaming sites bookmarked (1 for subs, 1 for dubs), they upload pretty much everything on the day, they have a variety of subbers available and the videos don't lag/freeze. The quality is lower sure I'll give you that but that doesn't really bother me

& also if there is a day where the site has some traffic, I do what Skizzit said and leave the video to load whilst doing something else

なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

These are my reasons as well. Though after the two drives crashed i may go streaming plus faster internet when i move.