Hiryuu release for Panzer is up, time to watch it again!
    pro-gun liberal

Acchi Kocchi OVA yay

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Acchi Kocchi OVA yay
    Indeed. was just about to post the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Indeed. was just about to post the same thing
    Nooooooooo.
    More to the back log. D:

I converted ;_;

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I converted ;_;
    It's Hudson! Woo! Happy to have you over here.

What show converted you? Have you fallen into subs yet or still watching dubs?

Also while you're early at it I recommend starting a MyAnimeList account to keep track of all the anime you've watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    this is not ok

Also while you're early at it I recommend starting a MyAnimeList account to keep track of all the anime you've watched.
    I second this. Really helps keep track of things.

Anyone else watch yuri anime? I started Candy Boy (the title sounds odd, but don't let that put you off lol.) today and I'm almost finished with it and I love it. Plan to watch Aoi Hana and Strawberry Panic next. Anyone know some other good ones?

What show converted you? Have you fallen into subs yet or still watching dubs?

Puella Magi Madoka Magica converted me, i always watched some anime with subs. I couldnt stand dubs.

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

Puella Magi Madoka Magica converted me, i always watched some anime with subs. I couldnt stand dubs.
    Here are a few starter ones you definitely have to watch then:

Clannad - High school drama, two season, easily one of the best drama anime out there.

Code Geass - Mecha, but don't let that turn you away. The sweeping story makes Madoka pale in comparison (imo). Also psychological and one of the few "epics" out there.

Fullmetal Alchemist - A great fantasy with a blend of comedy and epic.

Steins;Gate - Modern time where a self proclaimed scientist finds a way to send messages to the past. Comedy and psychological.

Toradora! - Another high school love drama with some great comedy.

Spice and Wolf - A pure fantasy setting. A traveling merchant finds a wolf goddess in his cart and let's her start traveling with him.

Here are a few starter ones you definitely have to watch then:

Clannad - High school drama, two season, easily one of the best drama anime out there.

Code Geass - Mecha, but don't let that turn you away. The sweeping story makes Madoka pale in comparison (imo). Also psychological and one of the few "epics" out there.

Steins;Gate - Modern time where a self proclaimed scientist finds a way to send messages to the past. Comedy and psychological.

Toradora! - Another high school love drama with some great comedy.

Spice and Wolf - A pure fantasy setting. A traveling merchant finds a wolf goddess in his cart and let's her start traveling with him.
    Will try and get to them hun.

He should watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's way way better than the previous version of the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I second this. Really helps keep track of things.

Anyone else watch yuri anime? I started Candy Boy (the title sounds odd, but don't let that put you off lol.) today and I'm almost finished with it and I love it. Plan to watch Aoi Hana and Strawberry Panic next. Anyone know some other good ones?
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/10495/Yuru_Yuri

Just finished Madoka Magica. So fucking good! Jeez!
    Beautiful artwork, beautiful score and really well put together scenes. Minimal characters used really affectively to articulate the isolation inherent in the mahou shojo profession. The smoothness of Homura's fight with the Walpurgis Night was so epic! I really thought she had it for a sec.

The conversation with Homura and Madoka's brother and mother was pretty heartbreaking though. )'= I hate that kind of existence erased/forgotten shit.

Watched Persona 4 before that, also really good. Never played the game, might have enjoyed it less if I had gotten particularly invested in a romance with a specific character. Whole thing felt like a shounen-infused, slightly more light-hearted Silent Hill! xD

Need a good comedy now. Was thinking I'd watch Toradora (sounds like fun), as I wanted to wait for Chuunibyou to finish before marathoning it all, but since I've held out to episode 10, I might just start that now. Especially considering there's loads of current seasons shows I've wanted to watch but tried to wait to finish airing so I could watch them all in one go. >.<'

Pretty intrigued by Tasogare Otome x Amnesia too. Since watching Another, I've been craving more spooky anime.
    Last edited by Baiyn; 2012-12-05 at 01:31 PM.

Black Lagoon blu-ray arrived! Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Black Lagoon blu-ray arrived! Yay.
    This is one of the few shows you are meant to watch with dubs, right?
    pro-gun liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    This is one of the few shows you are meant to watch with dubs, right?
    Good dubbed but I prefer the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Anime of the season imo.
    Ah, yeah. That one's definitely on my to-watch list, read the premise and it sounds like fun. I'll go "borrow that from a friend" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Just finished Madoka Magica. So fucking good! Jeez!
    Beautiful artwork, beautiful score and really well put together scenes. Minimal characters used really affectively to articulate the isolation inherent in the mahou shojo profession. The smoothness of Homura's fight with the Walpurgis Night was so epic! I really thought she had it for a sec.

The conversation with Homura and Madoka's brother and mother was pretty heartbreaking though. )'= I hate that kind of existence erased/forgotten shit.
    Like you i really enjoyed it and so many shocks and stuff.

I was crying the whole time, When Madoka and Homura are saying good byes and that Homu would be the only one ever remembering Madoka

Like you i really enjoyed it and so many shocks and stuff.

I was crying the whole time, When Madoka and Homura are saying good byes and that Homu would be the only one ever remembering Madoka
    Yeah, stuff like that always gets to me. But, little bits like Madoka saying, "Let's go." or whatever, to Sayaka after they watched her crush playing the violin one last time and Maddy saying the there was hope that Homura and her could meet again gave me hope that perhaps Madoka won't always be alone for eternity as Kyubey had hypothesised. Perhaps, when, as Mami was describing to Kyouko in the remade universe, a magical girl must 'self-destruct' before her wish brings despair into the world they actually join Madoka in that extra-universal existence in some kind of harmonious collective construct. Like an afterlife reserved for magical girls![s/poiler] Maybe that's what the third movie will offer some insight on?

Luckily, I spoiled a fair bit for myself cos I was so damn curious about what the hell Kyubey was at the time the show was airing that I already knew what his motives were and about Mami losing her head in a fight... I'd have probably be crying like a bitch the whole time had I not softened some of the story's blows in advanced. >.<