Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Her boobs being large is part of her character. A running joke between her and the maid is being made fun of for her "useless bags of meat".

I'm just very disappointed that they're using generic adaptations of the LN designs, rather than the much better designs from the "Kotowaru!" Maoyuu manga.

As for Nisemonogatari: I watched Bakemonogatari and it was pretty good, I can't bring myself to watch Nise though. There is pretty much no redeeming value to it plotwise. It was a throwaway fap-book Nisioisin wrote, that after the insane popularity of Bake, they knew they could stretch out into an entire cour for $$$. I can do without the thinly veiled incest themes and pedo loli bathing scenes kthx.
    So the scenes of Araragi molesting Hachikuji in Bake didn't bother you? You should just hop off the Monogatari train if Loli/incest bugs you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Anyone here have any opinions on Wolf's Rain? All I know is that Yoko Kanno composed the music but that is enough to interest me.
    I quite liked it when I watched it a while back, was a breath of fresh air from the stuff I used to watch i.e. Bleach and the likes

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    So the scenes of Araragi molesting Hachikuji in Bake didn't bother you? You should just hop off the Monogatari train if Loli/incest bugs you that much.
    Yeah, I don't get how Nise would bother you, but that wouldn't. It wasn't exactly infrequent either lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 12:44 AM ----------

Toooo big!

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 12:46 AM ----------

And then this, which is even more ridiculous. I hope this trend does not continue lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Toooo big!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9AFGj.gif[img]

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 12:46 AM ----------

And then this, which is even more ridiculous. I hope this trend does not continue lol.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6npTU.gif[img]
    I think if it's part of the very first episode in a show it's telling that that is what the show is aiming for in an audience. You either accept it and keep watching or don't and stop really.

If it's like this in the very first episode it will be in the later ones, probably more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I think if it's part of the very first episode in a show it's telling that that is what the show is aiming for in an audience. You either accept it and keep watching or don't and stop really.

If it's like this in the very first episode it will be in the later ones, probably more so.
    You're probably right, but hopefully not lol. And if it does continue, hopefully it does not occur too frequently. I'll just have to deal with it if so. I normally don't mind stuff like this, but I have high hopes for this show. And I'm not really looking for fan service. If I want that I'll watch an ecchi lol. I'm basically wanting another Spice and Wolf, or something close to it. I have no doubt in my mind I'll likely really enjoy this show, regardless of whether fan service like that is present, though. Either way, it was an awesome first episode and I can't wait for the next one.

Toooo big!

[boing-oing-oing]

[tig ol bitties]
    Huh? Did you say something?

Yeah here's hoping these aren't THE defining characteristics of the show.

Deleted
    4th part of nekomono was the weakest imho, even shinobu couldn't save it =\

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    4th part of nekomono was the weakest imho, even shinobu couldn't save it =\
    What, why?

Just saw bakemono ep 1 *head exploedes from weirdness*. Senjougahara is crazy.

Also, not sure if I should continue anime or read LN , I love reading after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Yeah, I don't get how Nise would bother you, but that wouldn't. It wasn't exactly infrequent either lol.
    Well, he does molest her not to long after just meeting her before even knowing she was a ghost

Araragi is just a man whore, a loveable man whore.

Well, he does molest her not to long after just meeting her before even knowing she was a ghost

Araragi is just a man whore, a loveable man whore.
    He pretty much molests her every time they meet lol. And it always takes her a bit to realize it's him after trying to bite him and growl at him. Was hilarious every single time lol. And indeed he is lol.

I'm on episode 3 of candy boy and this show is indeed very cute.

Deleted
    What, why?
    In the fourth part i simply lost any interest, started to see bad drawing-parts ... flaws. (this is a very bad sign)

For example drawing of Oshino was awful as well as Araragi close-up shots, Shinobu's arm looked just terrible ( both drawing and 'situation' ).

As if they spent all their budget money in the first two parts.

Worst "bake/nise/neko"-monogatari ( not counting katana- obviously ) series to date. Maybe BD will smooth situation a bit - we'll see.
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2013-01-05 at 04:01 AM.

Noo, the bakemonogatari volumes haven't been fully translated! uguuuuuuuu >.<, guess I'll be watching the anime then.

Deleted
    You didn't like Katanagatari? Blasphemous.
    You misunderstood me =\
    Or perhaps my poor choosing of words.

I meant from bake/nise/neko-monogatari excluding katana- completely. Katanagatari is on par with best of them - bake-.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    Noo, the bakemonogatari volumes haven't been fully translated! uguuuuuuuu >.<, guess I'll be watching the anime then.
    I'm always disappointed when I find a manga/ln I'm interested that doesn't have an official translation to buy. I start taking Japanese once class resumes, so hopefully in a few years I'll be able to read/buy the Japanese version. That's if I stick with it lol. I think I will though. I'm actually interested in learning the language. And I realize I wouldn't learn the language solely from it, but all the anime I watch will help somewhat I believe lol. Can't hurt to be constantly hearing the language. I know I'll certainly put more effort into it than I did with Spanish and French (had to take these back in HS, wasn't by choice). Took 3 years of Spanish and French and can't say I enjoyed either languages lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    You misunderstood me =\
    Or perhaps my poor choosing of words.

I meant from bake/nise/neko-monogatari excluding katana- completely. Katanagatari is on par with best of them - bake-.
    Ah, gotcha. My bad. And yeah, katana was awesome.

I'm always disappointed when I find a manga/ln I'm interested that doesn't have an official translation to buy. I start taking Japanese once class resumes, so hopefully in a few years I'll be able to read/buy the Japanese version. That's if I stick with it lol. I think I will though. I'm actually interested in learning the language. And I realize I wouldn't learn the language solely from it, but all the anime I watch will help somewhat I believe lol. Can't hurt to be constantly hearing the language. I know I'll certainly put more effort into it than I did with Spanish and French (had to take these back in HS, wasn't by choice). Took 3 years of Spanish and French and can't say I enjoyed either languages lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 04:04 AM ----------

Ah, gotcha. My bad. And yeah, katana was awesome.
    Ah, I remember taking spanish, I just wanted the language credits for an advanced diploma, I don't know much spanish at all now. Not sure how many years it would take to master japanese to the point where one could read novels. If its like 8+ years then I'm not sure I'd ever do it, I want to learn some other languages.

Yeah, it was mandatory in order to graduate high school. I can say that I remember hardly any of it as well lol. I can understand some basic stuff, but you won't see me having a conversation in Spanish any time soon lol. And French, I honestly remember nothing from it. There was only one French teacher and I couldn't stand her so I ended up sleeping through the class and somehow still managed to get an A lol.

I've heard it's one of the harder languages to learn, but I find it interesting so hopefully I stick with it. I plan to use Rosetta Stone alongside the class so that should help as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    First episode of Maoyuu ended up being a lot better then I thought it would be. I was expecting fan service/no plot but instead interesting characters, great VA's, a very interesting art style, a nice mix of comedy, and a great ED.

Excited for the next episode.

Also, that body pillow scene was amazing.