Yesterday I finally watched Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya.Ending was kinda disappointing I wanted some Kyon X Haruhi action...oh well
    Last edited by Lightswords; 2013-01-10 at 01:39 AM.

Rise...with us

Just watched the first episode of Tamako Market. Was hilarious. I love that bird lol.

Haven't gotten around to watching all of the new shows from this season that have come out already, but damn is Amnesia's opening song amazing.

So far I am keeping with
    Mangirl!
    Ai Mai Mi
    Yama no Susume
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    AKB0048 NS
    Minami-ke Tadaima
    Hakkenden (Iffy on this, but first episode was fine)
    Ore no Kanojo
    Senran Kagura
    Unlimited
    Amnesia
    Senyuu.

Got through half of Bakumatsu and was thinking of sticking with it, but it was just too much. Still have to watch Tamako Market and Love Live, but I'll probably keep with both of them from what I've heard about them.

So far the nice surprises for me have been Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Unlimited, and Amnesia.

Still looking forward to GJ-bu, Sasami-san, Kotoura-san, Vividred, Haganai Next, Chihayafuru 2, and Mondai-Ji-tachi.

A lot better of a season then I first expected, but still a lot of shorts (half of which are actually good) and crappy shows in the mix.

Tamako Market - That bird is creepy, really creepy. At least I survived the first episode without having a heart attack from cuteness. KyoAni did it again, every movement and sound makes you smile.

Carpenter's daughter is best girl. I need to find her VA now.

Juri Nagatsuma. Her first big role in a show, I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Senyuu was great, why is it so short? ;_;
    The first episode was hilarious lol, also kinda dissapointed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    So far I am keeping with. Snip list.
    I only like Ore no Kanojo, Senyuu and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha so far.
    I guess I`m too picky lol.
    ~ "Crying is a luxury I cannot afford." ~

What's with people's hatred over otome adaptions/reverse-harem.

I saw a lot of negativity towards Hakkuouki during summer (it wasn't the best but wasn't bad by any means) K in Fall (my favorite one of the season, I loved all the characters and the art style) and now Amnesia, which is so far like K in both characters and the colorful art style.

Yet I see so many comments on how they won't even bother watching it or hate it just because there are more guys then girls.

Grr.

I saw a lot of negativity towards Hakkuouki during summer (it wasn't the best but wasn't bad by any means) K in Fall (my favorite one of the season, I loved all the characters and the art style) and now Amnesia, which is so far like K in both characters and the colorful art style.

Yet I see so many comments on how they won't even bother watching it or hate it just because there are more guys then girls.

Grr.
    If I had to guess, it might be because when girls have more than one guy fawning over them they are considered sluts. Which, of course is a double standard, I still think Araragi is a slut from Monogatari, but I still love him, so I don't get the hate either.

Or less fan service featuring girls. Orrr that it tends to be more girly than a regular harem, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    If I had to guess, it might be because when girls have more than one guy fawning over them they are considered sluts. Which, of course is a double standard, I still think Araragi is a slut from Monogatari, but I still love him, so I don't get the hate either.

Or less fan service featuring girls. Orrr that it tends to be more girly than a regular harem, I guess.
    One thing I've noticed in the reverse-harem/otome style anime both the males and the female are generally strong willed, which makes the story better and smoother, when in harems the main guy is a dumbass and all the girls are complete klutzes while they fawn over him and fit every stereotype/-dere in the book.

Grr.
    I'm not one for the fujoshi shows, but I think it's mostly because to the average male, the shallowness of the harem genre is far more apparent when the paradigm is reversed. They have no problem accepting or laughing off that a guy would get a bunch of girls going after him (with a bunch of cliche personalities). But reverse the situation, and they're up in arms at how unrealistic the situation is, etc. etc.

Being a guy, I can't say that I'm totally immune to those feelings, as I tried watching UtaPri last year and found it really hard to look past how utterly cheesy the character interactions were. Although I did think that Inu Boku SS was enjoyable, and that is ostensibly a shoujo/otome oriented show as well, isn't it? (Although I felt it pandered equally to both sides, which may be why it was so successful in sales)

Zatheyll: I think that is plot convenience and understanding their consumer-base. It would be otherwise expected for the guy to either mess around with all of them, or to pick one rather quickly. And to think "If I were the MC I would totally not mess this up! I'm so much better than him!" Etc. Choosing one angers the shippers for the other girls. (Which gets them boycotting, burning merch, etc. in the worst cases haha...)

While the otome crowd places themselves in the shoes of the protagonist, empathizes with them, etc. A smart girl who is dependable, takes time to come up with the right decision or let it happen at a normal speed, etc. (Thats the way I see it though, any humans of the female variety feel free to correct me. And even then, whats to say the Western perspective is any closer to what women in Japan see it as)
    Last edited by stellvia; 2013-01-10 at 10:20 AM.

Guys
    guys
    Haganai
    in 20 minutes
    and 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I wish hard drives were cheaper. Only 850 gb left on my 3 tb external. (all that anime I download lol) I want to pick up another 3 of the 3 tb external (1 for additional space the other 2 to back them up), but that would cost like $450-500 =(. I was going to buy some during the winter sales, but they weren't any cheaper. Hilariously enough, Amazon actually RAISED the price on black friday/cyber monday of the external I wanted to buy. It was cheaper when it wasn't on sale lol.
    Just be careful. I lost 5 TB worth of anime after consolidating to 3 drives...Just one 2.5 left...

boku wa (ha) tomodachi GA sukuNAI (if you were serious)

9/10 ED, it sounds really nice, I can't really say if its trance, but it sounds a lot like it.
    also, that Tamako, adorable!

I've heard rumors Tamako Market has a trap.
    Confirm/deny

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Confirm/deny
    I have no idea, I heard it was supposed to be an anime adaptation of the live of Lord Christ.
    pro-gun liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Confirm/deny

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KDFEU.jpg[/MG]
    Yup, yup. I thought thats a girl, but then I heard his voice and I was like "what?".

Haganai raw up, wonder who's going to sub it.
    Last edited by Worer; 2013-01-10 at 08:01 PM.

Wow, Thursday's a good day. Haganai, Sasami-san, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Psycho-Pass, and Zetsuen no Tempest. And then Shin Sekai Yori on Friday. Wee!

Wowsers, the first half of Kotoura-san is so heartbreaking. Some highschool comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Zatheyll: I think that is plot convenience and understanding their consumer-base. It would be otherwise expected for the guy to either mess around with all of them, or to pick one rather quickly. And to think "If I were the MC I would totally not mess this up! I'm so much better than him!" Etc. Choosing one angers the shippers for the other girls. (Which gets them boycotting, burning merch, etc. in the worst cases haha...)

While the otome crowd places themselves in the shoes of the protagonist, empathizes with them, etc. A smart girl who is dependable, takes time to come up with the right decision or let it happen at a normal speed, etc. (Thats the way I see it though, any humans of the female variety feel free to correct me. And even then, whats to say the Western perspective is any closer to what women in Japan see it as)
    Makes me think the "otome crowd" is a lot smarter then instead of the ones who just like mindless harem shows. (Not that I don't like them either)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Aw yiss new Psycho Pass episode out.
    So excited. Thursday is an amazing day for anime.

ah c'mon, why such a lengthy recap on zetsuen no tempest