Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I think it's a little unfair for people to flip out when a Western cartoon is mentioned in an anime context, particularly when it's relating to it's picking up in Japan, because anime (the phenomenon, not just cartoons produced in Japan) is intrinsically tied to Japan, the local culture and Zeitgesit, but also, as I mentioned earlier, the relationship between East and West is ever-shifting and becoming less one-sided in terms of inspiration being drawn from either side. Just look at Panty & Stocking.
    Not flipping out, but there is a pony thread for pony related stuff, and that's not this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been established all pony related stuff is to be in the pony thread, outside of it especially in an antagonizing way will be infracted.
    This has been established since thread 1.

If we're gonna be technical, the word anime in Japanese is simply an abbreviated loanword from English meaning animation of any kind, and the word anime in English is a loanword from Japanese for any animation made in Japan. But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    as u guys talked about VN's i actually searched for *visual novels* but didnt find anything can u give me a tip where i got them? ;P
    Search for a site called eroge download, I'm not gonna post the link since there's some NSFW stuff, but that's the site where I've gotten mine.

ty i will check it out

i found alot of interesting ones i will start with FSN for now but did anyone play clannad shuffle chaos head and muv luv ? are they any good?
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2013-01-23 at 08:49 PM.

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    1 Page about MLP?
    *skips it*
    So yeah, Boku wa Tomodachi is great, at ep 7 right now, fucking amazing. Not gonna post details but... damn haha, those scenes that make the main character's situation worse to the other students
    Why didn't I watch this earlier D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo anyone else remember G Gundam? Cause TBH it's inspired my version of shut up and take my money LOL.

"This wallet of mine glows with an awesome power, It's burning hole tells me to spend. That thus my love my joy and alllll of my money SHIIININNNG SPENDING"

For those who don't know it;s based on this

ty i will check it out

i found alot of interesting ones i will start with FSN for now but did anyone play clannad shuffle chaos head and muv luv ? are they any good?
    I played a route of Shuffle, it was... eh, it's kind of generic, nothing really stands out about it really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    1 Page about MLP?
    *skips it*
    So yeah, Boku wa Tomodachi is great, at ep 7 right now, fucking amazing. Not gonna post details but... damn haha, those scenes that make the main character's situation worse to the other students
    Why didn't I watch this earlier D:
    I watched that one quite recently. I am rather difficult to please when it comes to sillyness, but land the jokes correct and you'll have me. That series landed straight down at the dark side of me, with all the dirty jokes. I have to admit, I laughed. And I rarely laugh out loud at anything I watch.

Right now I am trying to convince myself to watch Accel World. But I have a really hard time with the pathetic main character, although I have only seen 2 episodes. I am kinda bored with that type of characters. Please tell me if I shall continue watching, or find something else!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    I watched that one quite recently. I am rather difficult to please when it comes to sillyness, but land the jokes correct and you'll have me. That series landed straight down at the dark side of me, with all the dirty jokes. I have to admit, I laughed. And I rarely laugh out loud at anything I watch.

Right now I am trying to convince myself to watch Accel World. But I have a really hard time with the pathetic main character, although I have only seen 2 episodes. I am kinda bored with that type of characters. Please tell me if I shall continue watching, or find something else!
    Continue, the female lead is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Haru.
    And he's really pathetic right now yeah, but obviously he gains confidence during the Anime, albeit slowly.
    It's worth it really.
    Kuroyukihime <3

10+ Year Old Account
    ty i will check it out

played through shuffle, was good for a one play, got through half of chaos;head before my comp got formatted, pretty good when compared tot he anime, and clannad I started but couldnt get into since I watched the anime already. I definitely suggest da capos 1 & 2 personally. They're much better than the anime made after them.
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Hmm... I am fine with harem anime because I find the male lead interesting. But watching an anime for the girl, hmm...

Deleted
    Hmm... I am fine with harem anime because I find the male lead interesting. But watching an anime for the girl, hmm...
    In a nutshell, first few episodes are just him being a noob at this stuff, then he realises his power and gets stronger and stronger, so he can help the woman he loves (Durr Kuroyukihime). Basically, he gets a power nobody has in the fighting game yet, just check it out, the story is pretty awesome. And it's not really a harem anime so yeah, dunno why you would compare it to that. :P

Haru has decent character development and he's not as unbearable when you see him being pathetic in his SC avatar. Most of the other characters are great and the show itself is fine, albeit repetitive, poorly paced, or simply lame at points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    And it's not really a harem anime so yeah, dunno why you would compare it to that. :P
    I just never watched an anime because of the girls ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that different from not watching anime because of the male lead though?:P
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I played a route of Shuffle, it was... eh, it's kind of generic, nothing really stands out about it really.
    I've 100% done the game one route is nothibg keep going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    If we're gonna be technical, the word anime in Japanese is simply an abbreviated loanword from English meaning animation of any kind, and the word anime in English is a loanword from Japanese for any animation made in Japan. But oh well.
    I don't really want to get into this much farther, but since anime is a Japanese word it makes it easier to refer to it for animation from Japan, just like cartoon is an English word to refer to animation from America.

drop it. it's an incomplete anime.
    fuck incomplete animes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    drop it. it's an incomplete anime.
    fuck incomplete animes.
    *Slap*
    Then what do u call airing anime's? They are also incomplete.

I made it all the way through Accel World, and Kuroyukihime was pretty much the only redeeming quality for me. I just couldn't stand Haru, or the second major arc.

ty i will check it out

Can't go wrong with FSN, especially if you have interest in/have already watched Fate/Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I don't really want to get into this much farther, but since anime is a Japanese word it makes it easier to refer to it for animation from Japan, just like cartoon is an English word to refer to animation from America.
    That's exactly what I'm saying, since we speak English and not Japanese. I just find it funny that it's a loanword from Japanese, but in Japanese it's an abbreviated loanword from English.