1. #15981
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Start with something like Full Metal Alchemist/Cowboy Bebop/Trigun, or your favorite Shounen anime, something that's really funny (a good comedy anime) should get him into it aswell.

    I actually started with Fairy Tail, don't hate me.
    The three I have on my mind atm are FMA:B, Soul Eater and although it's not shounen, Durarara!! I should find out what sort of tv he likes first

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  2. #15982
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Start with something like Full Metal Alchemist/Cowboy Bebop/Trigun, or your favorite Shounen anime, something that's really funny (a good comedy anime) should get him into it aswell.

    I actually started with Fairy Tail, don't hate me.
    I liked Fairytail. It's cute. I lust for the blue cat Happy... he is just so adorable. I stopped watching though, it got very repetitive after awhile, maybe I'll continue sometime.

    Even if you hate Fairytail it has a great OST that you can still enjoy separately from the anime.

  3. #15983
    Blademaster Suicidal Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere.
    Posts
    32
    I can second durarara, was one of the first few I had my friend watch.

  4. #15984
    Herald of the Titans Rukina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I liked Fairytail. It's cute. I lust for the blue cat Happy... he is just so adorable. I stopped watching though, it got very repetitive after awhile, maybe I'll continue sometime.

    Even if you hate Fairytail it has a great OST that you can still enjoy separately from the anime.
    Aw yeah, dat celtic (keltic? I dunno how to spell it) metal.

    Happy is the best character by far lol, a good mix of adorableness and trolling.
    They also put in an entire filler arc, so if u start watching again and it's about the "Infinity Clock", you can basically skip ahead 30 episodes.

  5. #15985
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Aw yeah, dat celtic (keltic? I dunno how to spell it) metal.

    Happy is the best character by far lol, a good mix of adorableness and trolling.
    They also put in an entire filler arc, so if u start watching again and it's about the "Infinity Clock", you can basically skip ahead 30 episodes.
    I stopped watching Fairy Tail when that filler started. I didn't know it was filler at the time though. I just remember it was kind of bad so I stopped watching every week. What episode does the filler stop?

  6. #15986
    Herald of the Titans Rukina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I stopped watching Fairy Tail when that filler started. I didn't know it was filler at the time though. I just remember it was kind of bad so I stopped watching every week. What episode does the filler stop?
    Looked it up for ya, it stopped at 150, so the new arc about the "Grand Magic Tournament" starts at episode 151. Could have some references to the last arc in it, not sure. But that's when the new one starts.

  7. #15987
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Looked it up for ya, it stopped at 150, so the new arc about the "Grand Magic Tournament" starts at episode 151. Could have some references to the last arc in it, not sure. But that's when the new one starts.
    Ah, ok. Thanks. One more question. Another thing that bothered me was the time skip and the fact that basically their guild was now considered a bunch of nobodies and run down. Is this still the case or are they somewhat back to being at what they used to be. Basically, what's the current situation of Fairy Tail without getting too many spoilers.

  8. #15988
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Ah, ok. Thanks. One more question. Another thing that bothered me was the time skip and the fact that basically their guild was now considered a bunch of nobodies and run down. Is this still the case or are they somewhat back to being at what they used to be.
    They are back as soon as Natsu and company return which is like right away.

  9. #15989
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    They are back as soon as Natsu and company return which is like right away.
    Ok, cool. Time to find a quick summary of all the previous episodes (been a while since I've watched Fairy Tail) and then time for some more Fairy Tail.

  10. #15990
    Herald of the Titans Rukina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Ah, ok. Thanks. One more question. Another thing that bothered me was the time skip and the fact that basically their guild was now considered a bunch of nobodies and run down. Is this still the case or are they somewhat back to being at what they used to be. Basically, what's the current situation of Fairy Tail without getting too many spoilers.
    Their guild is still shown as one of the weakest guilds in the continent, as they lost the Grand Magic Games all the years the core group of FT was gone, they are entering the games once again with Natsu & Co, so they can redeem theirselves.
    and @ summary, do u mean of the filler arc or what happened in general?

  11. #15991
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Their guild is still shown as one of the weakest guilds in the continent, as they lost the Grand Magic Games all the years the core group of FT was gone, they are entering the games once again with Natsu & Co, so they can redeem theirselves.
    and @ summary, do u mean of the filler arc or what happened in general?
    Ah, well that's lame. Just everything that happened in general, excluding this current arc.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 09:17 PM ----------

    I think I might just slowly rewatch all of the epsiodes. It's been like 30 episodes (that's like 7 1/2 months, not including weeks episodes may not of aired) since I was last current with Fairy Tail, so I don't exactly remember everything and I'm not as attached to the characters as I once was, so just jumping into the current arc probably wont be nearly as enjoyable and have as much impact.

  12. #15992
    i have to + on cowboy bebop as starter anime good mecha/love/comedy starter is Full Metal Panic if they like Mecha's Gundam 00 is also good for Magical Girl starters Card Captor Sakura for a basic adventure fight anime Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and for comedy xxholic (TRC CCS and XXHolic are all from clamp and all great classics in my opinion )

    for the FT Summary u want to know everything from the start up to the current arc? or just what happend after edolas arc?

    the FT summary from start to now would basicly be Natsu meets lucy lucy joins FT Lucy and Natsu go on some missions then they go on a S Class mission on an Island with a big bad demon they there meet Leon that is a friend and fellow pupil of grey. Erza comes to they beat demon they all go back to Magnolia. Lucy gets abducted FT goes into an all out war they win in the end and juvia and gajeel join FT. Then comes the Tower arc (about erzas past) they meet jelall, or however he is called, that is possesed by zeref they beat him (like they always do ). Then somewhere in between they fight with a dark guild also a filler arc with an artifical dragon. Then starts the Edolas arc (the 2nd earth world and also the homeworld of the flying cats!). Then finally comes the S Class exam on the FT Island and yeah afterwards the filler arc then daimou enbo
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2013-01-21 at 09:30 PM.

    Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

  13. #15993
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post

    for the FT Summary u want to know everything from the start up to the current arc? or just what happend after edolas arc?
    I'm just going to rewatch the episodes. I think it will be better that way.

  14. #15994
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm just going to rewatch the episodes. I think it will be better that way.
    what episodes? everything? that will take quite some time u could just jump in at the edolas arc though as its the most interesting one up to the S Class exam and the Tournement

    Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

  15. #15995
    Herald of the Titans Rukina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm just going to rewatch the episodes. I think it will be better that way.
    That's probably for the best yeah.

  16. #15996
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,096
    I was wondering, assume Fate/Zero didn't have to attend to the fact Fate/Stay existed, and Gen Urobuchi had full reign on it, how do you think it would of went?


  17. #15997
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I was wondering, assume Fate/Zero didn't have to attend to the fact Fate/Stay existed, and Gen Urobuchi had full reign on it, how do you think it would of went?
    There probably would have been a more complete ending to it with an actual winner of the grail or he would have kept the light novels moving forward and expanding on the world.

    It would have also had bigger plot twists.

  18. #15998
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    what episodes? everything? that will take quite some time u could just jump in at the edolas arc though as its the most interesting one up to the S Class exam and the Tournement
    Yeah, everything lol. And that's ok, I have plenty of time. I managed to get all my classes on M/W so I have 5 free days to do whatever. It'll take a while, but if I watch a couple episodes every day I'll catch up eventually. Plus, then I'll have even more new episodes I haven't seen yet.

  19. #15999
    Herald of the Titans Rukina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,517
    I just watched Magi #15 and all I can say is... MAN KASSIM IS A DICK.
    That is all.

  20. #16000
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    No Shirou for Kerry.
    That's what I was thinking. I wish that was true canon. ;_;


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •