10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    That definitely sounds plausible and quite familiar. It's what fits if what "Shun" implied is true, because Squealer could easily have manipulated the kid, telling him a sap story (which would probably mostly be true but with lots of embellishment) about how the evil humans had driven his mother and father out of society and left them to die (Squealer having likely had them killed himself). A semi-feral kid with those kind of powers let lose on the people he thinks killed his parents? The massacre in the villages is the kind of results you'd expect. >.<'
    From what I've heard what's plausible is Squealer hooked up the kids parents on drugs which stopped them from being able to use their powers, imprisoned them, forcing them to procreate, and then killed them and raised the kid to be a monster.

I do remember hearing that Death Feedback is something that is put in children at a young age so they don't become a fiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Pretty sure death feedback is from the hypnotism from a young age? Might be wrong though.
    i thought death feedback was on the genetic level? didnt they change like 3 things or so in the DNA for that reason? *gotta rewatch the first few ep's they talked about it some where in the first 10 i think*

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Have you read the Boku wa Tomodachi episode discussions once? The Sena vs Yozora debate is popcorn-worthy though. ^^
    I sometimes see the discussions on episodes to see what MAL thinks, probably because I want to piss myself off.

The SSY episode 8 discussion made me cringe and rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    "Shun's" comment about the child was most intriguing. If it isn't a fiend, I have a hard time trying to figure out what exactly allows it to kill human beings. Because even if he was tortured and brainwashed by Squealer, that wouldn't mean that the effects of the death feedback(?) could be overridden, right?
    All the runes on his face were funky. I hadn't noticed them before.
    Death Feedback is activated by hypnotism, like Tealgod said. If he isn't a fiend, then what that probably means is that death feedback still works for him, but in this case he was hypnotized to be unable to harm queerats. He's just a normal kid that thinks he's a queerat and was told to go on a frenzy against the big bad humans, just like Satoru killed all of them when he was a kid.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    i thought death feedback was on the genetic level? didnt they change like 3 things or so in the DNA for that reason? *gotta rewatch the first few ep's they talked about it some where in the first 10 i think*
    It is, but it's activated by hypnosis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    Also the worst of them all by far is the unlimited blade works movie, try imagining watching it without first having seen the show or read the VN.
    It's 50/50 TBH. Watching it without already having read the novel is... A terrible, terrible experience. HOWEVER, if you just want to see the action animated it's awwwwwrite. In other words, it has some kind of point unlike Fate/Stay Night, which is terrible in all aspects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Fucked up your [ /spoiler] bro.
    Frack!

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    From what I've heard what's plausible is Squealer hooked up the kids parents on drugs which stopped them from being able to use their powers, imprisoned them, forcing them to procreate, and then killed them and raised the kid to be a monster.

I do remember hearing that Death Feedback is something that is put in children at a young age so they don't become a fiend.
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing I'd expect him to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    That's what gave me pause for thought. Because, before reading people's comments here, I had gotten it into my head that death feedback was something bred into the surviving humans like the now infamous 'Bonobo impulse'. So, I thought it was extra odd that Squealer could have found away to negate it. But,

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Death Feedback is activated by hypnotism, like Tealgod said. If he isn't a fiend, then what that probably means is that death feedback still works for him, but in this case he was hypnotized to be unable to harm queerats. He's just a normal kid that thinks he's a queerat and was told to go on a frenzy against the big bad humans, just like Satoru killed all of them when he was a kid.

It is, but it's activated by hypnosis.
    This sounds very probable and would make the key to Squealer's success (in creating a faux fiend) the most simple and therefore probably the most likely.

Deleted
    I sometimes see the discussions on episodes to see what MAL thinks, probably because I want to piss myself off.
    You should see the Little Busters! one. "Refrain?" "Are we getting Refrain" "OMG SO HYPED FOR REFRAIN" "Omg guys wait till Refrain" refrain refrain refrain.
    >Hasn't played VN
    >Has no idea what "Refrain" is.
    >Anime discussion.
    MAL pls :/

10+ Year Old Account
    AKB - Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What.

This is why I love AKB0048.

Little Busters - I hope Kud comes back. It's probably obvious she will, but still.

Sakurasou - Great episode. It brought me back to the nice feeling I got from earlier episodes. I feel really sorry for Aoyama. I wanted her to win so badly. It's felt to me like we've seen an extreme amount of character development from Mashiro. In the first half she felt very 2D personality wise, and all her sentences were so short you couldn't really get a feel for her voice and emotions coming from it. Now though I can feel her emotions far more.

OreShura - Looks like the gig is up. Next episode is going to be fun.

Amnesia - Holy mother of yandere. This show just got a whole lot more interesting. (Not like it wasn't interesting before, but this is great)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Sakurasou - Damn bittersweet conclusion for Aoyama. And Mashiro is being cute as hell like always. Wish both could end up happy.
    Much better episode than the previous 1-3 ones.
    i can totally agree with that liked it alot more then the previous ones so lets hope the last 3? i think are atleast as good as this one or better

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Yeah, Sakurasou was waaaay better this week. Much closer to the standard I came to expect after the first 13 episodes. I'm glad Chihiro-sensei gave Fujisawa a good slappin'! Nerd had it coming.

I'm glad Aoyama was able to keep her chin up with dignity. Girl is a champ! She may have 'lost', but let's face it. When Sorata is the prize, nobody's a winner.

(My favourite Aoyama art so far (Warning! Gratuitous 'Marilyn Monroe Breeze Effect'!). I started off with Mashiro as my clear favourite girl but now it's pretty much a draw, if not slightly leaning towards Aoyama as favourite. All her damn suffering sent my already excessive 'white knight instinct' into overdrive, I think!.)

I don't like a majority of the MAL community, especially a lot of the reviews. A lot of them are really closed-minded or just plain trying too hard.

Spoiler broken Robutt.
    MAL mentality: "If you don't like Legend of the Galactic Heroes and hate every other anime, you have shit taste."
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

People on MAL try way too hard with their reviews. They spend more time trying to sound eloquent then they do actually putting thought into the review. I'm all for a well written review, but when it's all just fluff and no substance, why bother. This is of course not true for all of the reviews on MAL, but it certainly is for the majority of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    There's 2 more episodes I think. Graduation ceremony next episode and most likely some epilogue afterwards.

Also you might be interested in this: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...d-cast-listing
    I hope the soundtrack will be just as good seeing how everyone was involved in GC and that show has an A+ soundtrack (And that the show is as good as the manga.).
    i'm a tad dissapointed with the manga atm tho
    At first sight it looked like just Eren having titan powers, but the past few chapters i seen that some of his friends have the same powers it's not necessarily bad but it just irks on me.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    MAL mentality: "If you don't like Legend of the Galactic Heroes and hate every other anime, you have shit taste."
    For AniDB it's "If you like an anime that came out within last 15 years you have shit taste." I was so confused when I learned that Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari is apparently nothing but harem fanservice for horny teenagers. Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    People on MAL try way too hard with their reviews. They spend more time trying to sound eloquent then they do actually putting thought into the review. I'm all for a well written review, but when it's all just fluff and no substance, why bother. This is of course not true for all of the reviews on MAL, but it certainly is for the majority of them.
    MAL sucks, don't worry about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn I'm watching too many anime at once. I just keep switching between different series, and every time I finish one I end up starting two more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Damn I'm watching too many anime at once. I just keep switching between different series, and every time I finish one I end up starting two more.
    i know the feeling, there's 46 series in my on hold list for a reason.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I wish I could be like you, my mentality is more like.

Forever adding more to "Plan to watch", Forever procastinating actually watching anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Forever adding more to "Plan to watch", Forever procastinating actually watching anime.
    Hi me. Whenever one show goes from Plan To Watch to Completed, the Plan To Watch list gains around 5 new entries.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Hi me. Whenever one show goes from Plan To Watch to Completed, the Plan To Watch list gains around 5 new entries.
    >Watching 28.
    >Plan to watch 191.
    :<