10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Weird, I just linked the link from the previous page. Here's a new link.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VrU...HK6O4/viewform
    Buh, I just fixed something that I'd messed up a long time ago with my chrome browser, and it reset the forum. I'm going to vote "No" for every single one, so just take off a No from the final tally. Sorry for messing it up like that.

Though I guess it doesn't really matter much if they're all no, since there is the same amount of yes's.

Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Deleted
    Like we didn't have enough To love Ru lol.

yes more to love ru

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be ending the poll in a few hours and I'll post the results. If you haven't yet voted, now's the time to do it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VrU...HK6O4/viewform
    Come on NHK, slightly odd but good.

Deleted
    Haven't even checked the results so far, I'll see whatever ends up winning lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wtf... FMA's ending was kinda weird. I was fine with the whole "beyond the gate" thing being our world, but Ed getting stuck there at the end and Al becoming a normal kid was just dumb. On top of that, Mustang randomly survives... it was much more powerful having him die after "redeeming" himself. Still was good, I guess.

Is the movie that takes place after FMA any good, or should I just go into Brotherhood?

I thhink now is a good time to end the voting for the poll. And it would appear that the winner is:

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ( 19 Yes (53%) 17 No (47%) )

and following behind both tied for second are:

Gunslinger Girl ( 15 Yes (42%) 21 No (58%) )

and

Welcome to the NHK ( 15 Yes (42%) 21 No (58%) )

Here's a link the the poll stats. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VrU.../viewanalytics

People are still able to vote so keep in mind the numbers may be different from what is shown above and I don't know how to disable voting. There were 36 responses (didn't know we had this many people) when I got the information from above.

Discussion format votes were as follows:

One episode each day, as well as discussion on that episode. 21 (33%)

Four episodes a week, as well as discussion on each episode, spread throughout the week. 17 (27%)

Three episodes and discussions a week, evenly spread throughout the week. 14 (22%)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Wtf... FMA's ending was kinda weird. I was fine with the whole "beyond the gate" thing being our world, but Ed getting stuck there at the end and Al becoming a normal kid was just dumb. On top of that, Mustang randomly survives... it was much more powerful having him die after "redeeming" himself. Still was good, I guess.

Is the movie that takes place after FMA any good, or should I just go into Brotherhood?
    I thought the notion that the FMA universe was a mirror of our world, where physics is superseded by alchemy was a cool plot-point exclusive to the first series. I'd recommend watching the movie. It kind of expands on and smoothly (ish) rounds off what we see occur at the end of the anime-specific story.

I think it'd give you a bit more closure before going on to the (more manga-faithful) 'true route' of Brotherhood.

I thhink now is a good time to end the voting for the poll. And it would appear that the winner is:

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ( 19 Yes (53%) 17 No (47%) )
    Amnesia is great and I am absolutely smitten with Yumi Hara's voice, but, considering I watched it fairly recently, I voted 'No' on it and probably won't be watching it along with you guys, but it's fresh enough in my head that I'm sure I'll be able to get involved with the discussion here and there.

Oh, Yuuko. You're so lovely...

(Dammit! Now I've got the OP stuck in my head! Dx)
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-03-17 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    I thought the notion that the FMA universe was a mirror of our world, where physics is superseded by alchemy was a cool plot-point exclusive to the first series. I'd recommend watching the movie. It kind of expands on and smoothly (ish) rounds off what we see occur at the end of the anime-specific story.

I think it'd give you a bit more closure before going on to the (more manga-faithful) 'true route' of Brotherhood.

Amnesia is great and I am absolutely smitten with Yumi Hara's voice, but, considering I watched it fairly recently, I voted 'No' on it and probably won't be watching it along with you guys, but it's fresh enough in my head that I'm sure I'll be able to get involved with the discussion here and there.

Yeah I'd say go ahead with the movie (conqueror of shamballa) before moving to brotherhood. I personally enjoyed it more than the anime series strangely..]

your edit got added into my quote after I had refreshed the page lol. Yeah I have the OP dl'd, but didn't really enjoy the anime compared to the manga (a queer thing that usually happens to me so I have to watch anime before manga for the most part)
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post

I am biased as I abhor anime original endings, but I'd rate FMA some 3/10 while Brotherhood would get good 8(9?)/10 from me. The story just makes so, so, so much more sense.

A lot more people have seen this anime then I had expected. Glad to hear everyone has liked it though. I've yet to watch it and I found it not too long ago and it intrigued me. Yuuko definitely seems like an interesting character and I do like her VA.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 11:34 PM ----------

For discussing the anime I was wondering if people would like to discuss it in this thread, or create an entirely new thread in Chat Zone for discussing the show while we watch it. Any thoughts? As for when we start watching it, I was thinking maybe Tuesday?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    your edit got added into my quote after I had refreshed the page lol. Yeah I have the OP dl'd, but didn't really enjoy the anime compared to the manga (a queer thing that usually happens to me so I have to watch anime before manga for the most part)
    Huh. If that's a new feature in the code that'd be cool.

Hehe, I can understand that. Following a story directly from the source can feel a lot more fulfilling sometimes as you are getting it exactly how the writer (and their editors, if they have them) intended it. I love having stuff voiced, so I usually prefer to watch anime/manga stories rather then read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I am biased as I abhor anime original endings, but I'd rate FMA some 3/10 while Brotherhood would get good 8(9?)/10 from me. The story just makes so, so, so much more sense.
    Brotherhood definitely ties everything up considerably more smoothly than the first aired FMA, but there are parts from both that I prefer over the other. For example, I liked how in the anime-only story the homunculi (or at least the people they were spawned from) were all much more closely related to the main cast of the show, it meant the protagonists' having to deal with them felt a lot more meaningful and emotionally provoking for me. Like Sloth's being based on the Elrics' mother, Wrath being their sensei's "son" and Lust being Scar's brother's love etc.
    I think if it's done well anime original content can be good or at least acceptable. For example, I think the way they rounded off the Claymore anime was pretty slick seeing as they weren't going to continue the story along with the manga (which I really need to pick up some time!).

A lot more people have seen this anime then I had expected. Glad to hear everyone has liked it though. I've yet to watch it and I found it not too long ago and it intrigued me. Yuuko definitely seems like an interesting character and I do like her VA.
    Yeah, I felt really pulled towards it myself. I'm a sucker for a good ghost story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, okay, I'll check the movie out later, then go into Brotherhood.

Trying to finish off most of the series I'm currently watching before I start anymore. Going to actually finish Steins;Gate (saw the first three episodes dubbed a while back), but I think I'm going to watch it subbed instead. Also need to finish Shuffle!, though I think I might drop it, as I really dislike it.

Deleted
    Brotherhood definitely ties everything up considerably more smoothly than the first aired FMA, but there are parts from both that I prefer over the other. For example, I liked how in the anime-only story the homunculi (or at least the people they were spawned from) were all much more closely related to the main cast of the show, it meant the protagonists' having to deal with them felt a lot more meaningful and emotionally provoking for me. Like Sloth's being based on the Elrics' mother, Wrath being their sensei's "son" and Lust being Scar's brother's love etc.
    I think if it's done well anime original content can be good or at least acceptable. For example, I think the way they rounded off the Claymore anime was pretty slick seeing as they weren't going to continue the story along with the manga (which I really need to pick up some time!).
    As I said, I am biased. :P There were things the anime original story did well - I still cringe when I think of how it was tied up however.

I'll wait for the next show, since I watched Tasogare not too long ago. Probably the newest show on that poll.

For the next one, should we simply vote between the two tied in second place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    I'll wait for the next show, since I watched Tasogare not too long ago. Probably the newest show on that poll.

For the next one, should we simply vote between the two tied in second place?
    I'll skip this one too, because I really don't like horror. Might sound like a wuss right now but meh, deal with it. :/ (Partially the reason I dropped SSY, looked really freaky).

Voting for the 2nd place winners next seems like a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Voting for the 2nd place winners next seems like a good idea.
    I agree with this.