Is Ore no Imouto for this coming season the actual season 2 of the show and continues where it left off, or is it just a rerun of the show?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Hating on the best one cour show of the season?

I see how it is.
    K wasn't bad, not exactly good, but not bad either. A lot of people felt disappointed because we were pretty much promised the best animation quality ever, and instead got stuff like this half the show.

Not to mention that the actual plot was mediocre at best.

But I suppose I'll agree that it was one of the better one cour shows that season.
    Last edited by Erihs; 2013-03-22 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    The plot was horribly explained and it felt like they just added random stuff for the heck of it.

Person 1: "Guys listen, GUYS GUYS... Guys listen. What if we added... a naked cat girl?"
    Person 2: "You're a genius! You get a raise!"

- German guy forgets who he is, suddenly learns Japanese.
    - Swords appear above kings, never explained what they are.
    - Why do the kings rule over Japan?
    - How did they get their powers? The only thing you see is MC researching some shit and suddenly bam everyone has powers.
    - What the hell is the colourless/white king? It's never explained WHAT he is, just some body stealing scumbag.
    - How is someone able to use the powers of 2 kings anyway? How the hell is that even allowed, and why didn't the Blue King run some check on that Red guys-traitor-whose-name-eludes-me?

So many plot holes/unexplained things, I have reason to dislike it, okay?
    I think of it more as an art project with a basic cliche story. Sure the story isn't the best out there and it's nothing stellar, but from how I see it they didn't want the story to be everything, they just wanted you to go along with it and enjoy everything else about the show along with a fairly good story. Nor do they have to explain everything that happened, as this is only really a snippit of the world K is in. The viewer doesn't, and shouldn't, know absolutely everything about the show when it ends or else you'll just end up bored of it. I'm not great at explaining it, but it is how I see it.

Also, this is an original work with a second season planned so you can expect more questions to be answered.

Not all stories need to be conclusive and open.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Is Ore no Imouto for this coming season the actual season 2 of the show and continues where it left off, or is it just a rerun of the show?
    It's a full on second season that will completely end the series to the last Light Novel.

Shiiit I just capped out my 2TB harddrive. ;_;
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-03-22 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    I think of it more as an art project with a basic cliche story. Sure the story isn't the best out there and it's nothing stellar, but from how I see it they didn't want the story to be everything, they just wanted you to go along with it and enjoy everything else about the show along with a fairly good story. Nor do they have to explain everything that happened, as this is only really a snippit of the world K is in. The viewer doesn't, and shouldn't, know absolutely everything about the show when it ends or else you'll just end up bored of it. I'm not great at explaining it, but it is how I see it.

Also, this is an original work with a second season planned so you can expect more questions to be answered.

Not all stories need to be conclusive and open.
    I just disliked it because I was watching it and started understanding what the hell was going on from the 8th episode or something. As you said it's an art project with a cliche story, and a "snippet" of the universe. I'd rather have a snippet like Mondaiji-tachi, a story that I can follow, not just flashy battles all the time.

It's a full on second season that will completely end the series to the last Light Novel.
    Awesome. Looks like I need to rewatch the first season then.

Shiiit I just capped out my 2TB harddrive. ;_;
    I feel your pain lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    It's all thanks to Dera. His fabulousness is just hilarious.
    SSY not selling well doesn't surprise me. They love their moemoecute shows too much in Japan.
    Dera is indeed fabulous. I loved that bird from the second I saw him.

10+ Year Old Account
    am i the only one hating the bird? xD
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Yes. The bird is glorious.

Deleted
    No! I hate the bird with a passion.
    I'm glad brown chick stepped in to give him a thorough spanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    That bird is too fabulous to hate.

You must be watching the show wrong. Backwards or something.

Also earlier someone said that they need to take shows off of actual novels more. Another did that and look how well that turned out. >.>

MMY - I have to say, even though people might argue harshly against this, I'm enjoying this series more than Spice and Wolf. Spice and Wolf is amazing, but I love the world of MMY more and how deep it delves into the politics and country warfare while still having loads of economic stuff in it and not dealing so heavily in the romance aspect. Both of them are still amazing shows though, don't get me wrong.

Vividred - Shit, the bird eating her whole scared the crap out of me.

Deleted
    Vividred - Shit, the bird eating her whole scared the crap out of me.
    Haha, yeah. I must say, this show actually started being good in those last episodes. Yes, obvious, predictable and naive - but actually enjoyable to watch, unlike some(most) of the earlier episodes which I just skipped through uninterested.

On an unrelated topic: I just have noticed that Saber has pantyshots in Fate/Zero. :D

10+ Year Old Account
    Blasting MoNoLith through my headphones while reading manga and drinking Pokka canned coffee. Life is good.

Also earlier someone said that they need to take shows off of actual novels more. Another did that and look how well that turned out. >.>

MMY - I have to say, even though people might argue harshly against this, I'm enjoying this series more than Spice and Wolf. Spice and Wolf is amazing, but I love the world of MMY more and how deep it delves into the politics and country warfare while still having loads of economic stuff in it and not dealing so heavily in the romance aspect. Both of them are still amazing shows though, don't get me wrong.
    I'm the one who said that and I LOVED Another. I stand by what I said lol. On the topic of novels adapted into anime, I think I'd kill for a good Harry Potter anime lol.

I personally don't find it on the same level as Spice and Wolf, but it is certainly an excellent show and one of the best, if not the best, of this season. Spice and Wolf's major draw for me was the romance/character interactions between Holo and Lawrence more so than the economics aspect. I still enjoyed that part immensely though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Haha, yeah. I must say, this show actually started being good in those last episodes. Yes, obvious, predictable and naive - but actually enjoyable to watch, unlike some(most) of the earlier episodes which I just skipped through uninterested.
    I've enjoyed Vividred all the way through. The earlier episodes where so over the top I was squee'ing throughout the episodes for how over the top and fun they where. Just like with Strike Witches. Pretty bad story but so fun to watch.

I personally don't find it on the same level as Spice and Wolf, but it is certainly an excellent show and one of the best, if not the best, of this season. Spice and Wolf's major draw for me was the romance/character interactions between Holo and Lawrence more so than the economics aspect. I still enjoyed that part immensely though.
    I loved Spice and Wolf's romance part. Comparing Spice and Wolf's economics to MMY's politics + economics I think MMY did it better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Madoka Magica. It was good, though I'm not sure it was "the greatest anime ever" like I've heard people say. Obviously going into I knew it wasn't just a show for little girls, and that bad stuff would happen, but knowing that sorta ruined any shock value I had. On top of that, it was incredibly obvious from the start the Kyubey was going to be "bad", and that magical girls would turn into witches. The ending was sorta odd. It was really good, with a nice soundtrack and animation, but it wasn't really mind-blowing or anything.

I loved Spice and Wolf's romance part. Comparing Spice and Wolf's economics to MMY's politics + economics I think MMY did it better.
    I suppose I could agree with that. MMY's politics and economics do have more depth to them than Spice's did.

So I've started making my recommendation chart. I don't see myself finishing this lol. It's painstakingly slow. And I suck with Photoshop so I'm probably taking a lot longer than what someone who's familiar with it would.

This alone took me like 10 minutes lol. http://i.imgur.com/RIzNVaI.jpg

Spice and Wolf has Horo, making it pretty much the best thing ever.

Psycho-Pass is over, and the next Gen anime doesn't start until April 7th. Boo. Overall, I probably liked Psycho-Pass a little more than Madoka, but less than Fate/Zero and Saya by a decent amount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Just finished Madoka Magica. It was good, though I'm not sure it was "the greatest anime ever" like I've heard people say. Obviously going into I knew it wasn't just a show for little girls, and that bad stuff would happen, but knowing that sorta ruined any shock value I had. On top of that, it was incredibly obvious from the start the Kyubey was going to be "bad", and that magical girls would turn into witches. The ending was sorta odd. It was really good, with a nice soundtrack and animation, but it wasn't really mind-blowing or anything.
    It most certainly is the best in its' genre - and one of the best in general. For me, personally, it's one of very few(17 out of almost 400 :)) shows I've given 5/5 stars on Anime-Planet - I'm as picky about giving the best ratings as I am generous with the "average-good" ones, so that's saying something.

Things you mentioned as obvious were only that obvious since you went into the show with so much impression already imposed on you by others. Kyuubey is not so much evil as... different, I love how well he(it?) was written. Not evil or malignant, just following an absolutely different set of values - inhuman, much more so in mind than in appearance. I also loved the relation between Madoka and Homura very much, how she unwittingly condemned her more and more by trying to help her, creating a spiral of misfortune. The ending was also awesome - it's always nice to see the protagonist decide "I dun liek this universe. Let me remake it, becoming a god in the process." ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Spice and Wolf has Horo, making it pretty much the best thing ever.
    I've yet to encounter a character in anime that I liked more than Holo. She's just such a fantastic character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It most certainly is the best in its' genre - and one of the best in general. For me, personally, it's one of very few(17 out of almost 400 ) shows I've given 5/5 stars on Anime-Planet - I'm as picky about giving the best ratings as I am generous with the "average-good" ones, so that's saying something.

Things you mentioned as obvious were only that obvious since you went into the show with so much impression already imposed on you by others. Kyuubey is not so much evil as... different, I love how well he(it?) was written. Not evil or malignant, just following an absolutely different set of values - inhuman, much more so in mind than in appearance. I also loved the relation between Madoka and Homura very much, how she unwittingly condemned her more and more by trying to help her, creating a spiral of misfortune. The ending was also awesome - it's always nice to see the protagonist decide "I dun liek this universe. Let me remake it, becoming a god in the process." ^.^
    I suppose. I did put "bad" in quotations, as I realize he isn't really "evil", but it was quite obvious that he had ulterior motives. I suppose the things I heard about it made me overhype it. Honestly though, I really doubt I would have watched it in the first place had I not heard that it turns dark. If I went into it with no prior knowledge I imagine I would have been blown away.

Oh well. Still was an entertaining experience.

Anyways, I'm just going to watch the rest of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, as it seems everyone has already done the same. Honestly, in the future, I'd suggest that people should try and not marathon the entire thing. It'd be okay if people discussed the episodes after marathoning it, but that didn't really happen after the first few. It'd be better if everyone watched the episodes together, so the episode would be fresh in everyone's minds.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-03-23 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I suppose. I did put "bad" in quotations, as I realize he isn't really "evil", but it was quite obvious that he had ulterior motives. I suppose the things I heard about it made me overhype it. Honestly though, I really doubt I would have watched it in the first place had I not heard that it turns dark. If I went into it with no prior knowledge I imagine I would have been blown away.

Oh well. Still was an entertaining experience.
    The better an anime is the more it suffers from people's expectations getting way, way over the top. No matter how good a title is it can't live up to the perfection everyone grows to expect with the hype.

On another note: Madoka OP is the biggest troll-opening in history of all anime.

I've yet to encounter a character in anime that I liked more than Holo. She's just such a fantastic character.
    Horo's awesome, but meh. No one beats Yuno. :3