I'm just surprised no one mentioned GJ-bu to the returnee for pure comedies:P

I'll nominate Gankutsuou and Gunslinger Girl, a couple I've had on my plan to watch list for quite a while. I'll participate no matter what series you guys decide on, would just need to be one I haven't seen (already watched Full Metal Panic and Hanasaku Iroha)

Gj-bu best episode yet?

I love Mahiro and Yoshino. Easily among my top10 favourite protagonists.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I love Mahiro and Yoshino. Easily among my top10 favourite protagonists.
    Are you talking about that pussy ass mc Mahiro from Nyaruko-san?

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    You liked Minori? She was a complete tool D: Taiga was the best girl and deserved to win \o/ I really do like tsunderes tho. But yeah, Minori just lolled around and acted like an airhead throughout the show, and not a cute airhead like Hirasawa Yui or something. :c
    And being an airhead and lolling around is a bad thing? Its a romance show, you hook up with the one you like and Minori was easily the most likable and fun to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post
    I'd guess Zetsuen no Tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    And being an airhead and lolling around is a bad thing?
    In her case, yes. For me she wasn't a likable airhead, she was just an airhead.
    Its a romance show, you hook up with the one you like and Minori was easily the most likable and fun to be around.
    Aye, it's a romance show, so you hook up with the one you like, and Ryuuji had lots of fun around Taiga throughout the show. He seemed to admire Minori more than actually like being with her, because he (close to) never was. He even spent more time with Ami who never really were a love interest at all.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Like Zatheyll said, Zetsuen no Tempest. ;P
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Gj-bu best episode yet?
    It was a darn good one, for sure!

Haganai: Man! It's getting all dramatic and emotionally engaging all up in mah sexy comedy and I like it! Rika continues to impress me this season, especially with her "out-of-character" perceptiveness and maturity. Looks like they're properly introducing the new girls into the group next week, now that both have been shown. Odd that they'd make two new additions so late in the season. I really hope that means we can expect a third season! Hopefully, with the decent sales its had, we should be seeing one. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Easily the best girl. I like the way they finally explained Kodaka's denseness. Much better reason than "guy is slow because that's the way he is" in so many other shows.
    While I think Sena still has the best pair of character designs, Rika is definitely my favourite of the girls personality-wise (I think she had me at, "...Fuck."). I still really sympathise for Yozora, but she just hasn't done herself any favours all season.

Yeah, I think that's a really good way to get away from the ever so cliché and frustrating oblivious MC schtick and it makes Kodaka much more likeable, knowing that he's aware of the situation he's in but afraid to upset the status quo and losing the whole group to gain one girlfriend. Gives him more depth, which is refreshing to see in a harem MC.

Kobato and Maria being all best rivals (read: friends) with each other was so damn cute! >3<

Damn, episode 16 of Toradora was really amazing. I suppose I'm starting to see why people praise it so much.

And episode 15 of Little Busters! was absolutely hilarious. Riki x Kyousuke gogogogo
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-03-15 at 03:46 AM.

Magi - Shit Morg. Shit shit shit. I got so freaked out when blood started pouring from her eyes like that. I got really startled.

Zetsuen no Tempest - Mage of Exodus finally showed he has balls! Haha that was excellent.

Robotics;Notes - One more episode left. It looks like they are just going to use gunpro-1 to stop the missile and then everything gets resolved. Not a bad ending, but I kind of hope there will be some twist.

I don't know why I wait for Commie for Psycho-Pass, but I guess I have a think against using Funi subs. Crunchyroll is fine, but Funi hurts my eyes with the lack of typesetting and the translations really aren't that good. Plus no karaoke.

I'm not going to nominate even though I'm interested in it. I want to watch a show I haven't seen, and I don't want to recommend a show I haven't seen because I'm not sure if it would be good or not. I'll just stick with someone else's choice.

I always hear people mention karaoke in relation to subs. What it it? Is it just whether or not the group subs the songs or not? I don't know if I'm the odd one on this, but I never really read the subtitles for the translated songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I always hear people mention karaoke in relation to subs. What it it? Is it just whether or not the group subs the songs or not? I don't know if I'm the odd one on this, but I never really read the subtitles for the translated songs.
    Karaoke refers to the stylized subs for the OPs and EDs. If we're going to be technical, it specifically means the romaji for us non-Japanese speakers, since it allows people to sing along while reading. Not all groups do the karaoke, some just have the translation.

Well no wonder I could not find this thread, they moved it yet again. I thought it had vanished.

Anyone else going to be sad when this season of Minami-ke ends? It has just been so damn good!

I seen this pic at dailyfailcenter about Charizard and most people were saying how kids don't know about Pokemon anymore, and how horrible of an anime it is and always has been. This got me to thinking, since I was watching Pokemon through most of middle school. (25 years old now, Pokemon was sooo half my life ago XD)

If you watch Pokemon now, it follows one of two plots:

1) They run into some guy/gal having some sort of issue. They try to help them with said issue. Sob story ensues. Team rocket comes in to try and steal stuff. Team rocket blasts off again. Day ends up being saved and previous mentioned issue gets solved, sometimes due to Team Rockets interference.

2) They are in some kind of battle (Gym, League, or Rival), and the whole episode is about pokemon battles, often sections with lectures about Pokmon facts or strategy discussion.

Case in point; both plots are lame.

However thinking back to the very beginning, the first season was kind of hardcore for a kids show. Pidgeys almost massacring Ash&Pikachu, Team Rocket invading a Pokemon center and having the upper hand for most of the show, Brock almost crushing Pikachu to death with his Onix, Ash having to super-charge Pikachu into a world of pain to "toughen him up", Ash actually CATCHING Pokemon (Pretty sure he caught more in the first season than he's caught in the last 8 years. Could be wrong though).

Perhaps the pressure of trying to make it a kids show got them away from the gentle morbidity? I wonder what the anime would've turned into if they were allowed to keep going like that.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2013-03-15 at 09:50 AM.

i always liked monster rancher and digimon more then pokemon ^^ they kinda aired to the same time here in germany ;X but the pokemon games were amazing loved my pokemon red ;D

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    i always liked monster rancher and digimon more then pokemon ^^ they kinda aired to the same time here in germany ;X but the pokemon games were amazing loved my pokemon red ;D
    Tiger Of The Wind was such a badass!

Kotoura-san: Could see Oppaidachi being the culprit from a mile away but it still makes for fun drama. I like how they've fleshed out the extra characters in the show with Yuriko and Daichi's history together and Yuriko's ulterior motives for being friends with Kotoura, despite her genuinely liking her as a friend too. It's rare that I'll like (and find interesting) pretty much the whole gang in a mixed gender main cast ('cept Moritani of course). It's nice.

Isn't this pretty much first episode of Kotoura to actually show Muroto's normal face? :O

pretty much yeah