1. #17621
    Herald of the Titans Zelgius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    TRUMPETS
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Well, I won't be able to participate in the discussions and watch the episodes as fast as the rest of you but I guess I'll nominate something.
    Seto no Hanayome

    Haven't watched it so it could be completely awful, but apparently it's pretty similar to Nisekoi (or the other way around) and Nisekoi is pretty damn hilarious.
    I actually wanted to nominate that one, if I actually can participate in this stuff. (Been rather busy with college stuff and overwhelming amount of airing anime's that I follow)

    Kanon/Trigun
    I dunno, I have no clue what to nominate :/
    Kanon seems to be Clannad-esque and Trigun seems rather similar to Cowboy Bebop.
    I haven't seen either of them, but I'm guessing you all have so... *shrug*

    P.S. I've posted here earlier under the name "The Monado", changed my name, just so you know.
    ~ "Crying is a luxury I cannot afford." ~

  2. #17622
    Is anyone reading SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA btw? i hope this gets an anime soon ^^ one of my favourite mangas that startet this year

    Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

  3. #17623
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Well, I won't be able to participate in the discussions and watch the episodes as fast as the rest of you but I guess I'll nominate something.
    Seto no Hanayome

    Haven't watched it so it could be completely awful, but apparently it's pretty similar to Nisekoi (or the other way around) and Nisekoi is pretty damn hilarious.
    Seto no Hanayome is ABSOLUTELY awesome. One of better comedies I've watched. Just be ready to tolerate a lot of... Absolutely nonsensical ridiculousness. ;D
    How about a grown macho man in a sailor uniform shooting laser beams out of his eyes?
    Last edited by Caine; 2013-03-16 at 02:22 PM.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  4. #17624
    Blademaster Suicidal Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere.
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Seto no Hanayome is ABSOLUTELY awesome. One of better comedies I've watched. Just be ready to tolerate a lot of... Absolutely nonsensical ridiculousness. ;D
    How about a grown macho man in a sailor uniform shooting laser beams out of his eyes?
    This alone has got me interested...

  5. #17625
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    This alone has got me interested...
    And it actually makes sense within the setting.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  6. #17626
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    32
    I thought I'd nominate two shows as well. I'm not sure I'll participate in the discussion though, as I've picked up way too many shows the last couple of weeks. It mostly comes down to what wins the vote and whether I want to watch it or not.

    I'll nominate one show I've been meaning to watch, and one that I've been meaning to rewatch.

    Nominee 1: Kurozuka. I honestly don't know what to expect from this one, but it sounds kinda interesting.

    Nominee 2: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode. This comes close to what I'd describe as the perfect super power/action series. It just nails everything I like about action shows, and manages to avoid falling into the tropes I really dislike. Birdy may also be my all time favorite female character. I'd say the second season is a few notches above the first, mostly because of the romance in S1 that felt a bit forced, and the completely wacky animation of S2, which I just adore. That isn't to say that the first season isn't good.
    It's been a good while since I watched this show, and I'm curious to see if I'll still find it so good, now that I've gotten a lot more experience around anime.

  7. #17627
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,705
    Buh, I'll nominate shows I'm interested in rewatching:

    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Spinoff from the Index series, but easily watchable without knowing anything of Index. It's pretty much a cute girls doing cute things/battle shounen in a high tech city where most of them have special powers created through science. Second season is starting in less than a month, so it might be a perfect option just for that. It's easily one of my favorite anime.

    Welcome to the NHK - What I always think about when I think psychological using the human brain. A NEET/hikikimori gets an interesting "friend" who is trying to get him more into the outside world. It can get both very depressing and very happy at parts, messing with you, but a great show.

  8. #17628
    Ok, that should be enough nominations. I'll make a poll and basically how it will work is you will have two options. Yes and no. You can vote for or against as many or few anime as you like, and the winner will be the one with the highest percentage of "yes" votes compared to "no" votes.

    For nominations we have:

    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (We all know you want to watch one of these first two. Cough Cough. lol)
    Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
    Full Metal Panic
    Busou Renkin
    Gankutsuou
    Gunslinger Girl
    Seto no Hanayome
    Kanon
    Trigun
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
    Welcome to the NHK

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 06:21 PM ----------

    If you didn't get a chance to nominate your shows, now's the time to do it as I will be making the poll shortly.

  9. #17629
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Ok, that should be enough nominations. I'll make a poll and basically how it will work is you will have two options. Yes and no. You can vote for or against as many or few anime as you like, and the winner will be the one with the highest percentage of "yes" votes compared to "no" votes.

    For nominations we have:

    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (We all know you want to watch one of these first two. Cough Cough. lol)
    Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
    Full Metal Panic
    Busou Renkin
    Gankutsuou
    Gunslinger Girl
    Seto no Hanayome
    Kanon
    Trigun
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
    Welcome to the NHK

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 06:21 PM ----------

    If you didn't get a chance to nominate your shows, now's the time to do it as I will be making the poll shortly.
    Put genre/short desc next to each vote.

  10. #17630
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Put genre/short desc next to each vote.
    Will do. Had descriptions already, but genre is a good idea. I'll be using the genre MAL say it is, so no one complain if I get it wrong lol,

  11. #17631
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,705
    I think people skipping votes is messing with the polling.

  12. #17632
    How so? If someone doesn't vote yes or no for a particular show I just see that as indifference and that they don't necessarily want it to win or lose.

  13. #17633
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    How so? If someone doesn't vote yes or no for a particular show I just see that as indifference and that they don't necessarily want it to win or lose.
    Seeing 4 votes for one and 6 votes for another. If the 4 is 3 for and 1 against and the 6 is 3 for and 3 against, who wins?

  14. #17634
    Hmm, you have a point. I based this poll format off of a similar poll on reddit, but the userbase for /r/anime is obviously much larger than here so they wouldn't necessarily suffer from issues that we would have as a much smaller group. I would say we could have tied shows re-voted on, but then the issue arises where say one show has considerably more votes than another, but there differences just so happen to be the same. Hmm. I may have to change the voting options and have everyone vote again. Making every question required would fix the issue.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 08:27 PM ----------

    Ok, here's the new poll. Everyone who has already voted needs to vote again. You must now vote on every option as well. Any ties will be decided by re-voting for the tied shows.

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VrU...HK6O4/viewform

  15. #17635
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Hmm, you have a point. I based this poll format off of a similar poll on reddit, but the userbase for /r/anime is obviously much larger than here so they wouldn't necessarily suffer from issues that we would have as a much smaller group. I would say we could have tied shows re-voted on, but then the issue arises where say one show has considerably more votes than another, but there differences just so happen to be the same. Hmm. I may have to change the voting options and have everyone vote again. Making every question required would fix the issue.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 08:27 PM ----------

    Ok, here's the new poll. Everyone who has already voted needs to vote again. You must now vote on every option as well. Any ties will be decided by re-voting for the tied shows.

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VrU...HK6O4/viewform
    Done, hope we'll get the results as soon as possible.

  16. #17636
    Blademaster Suicidal Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere.
    Posts
    32
    Fully read denpa kyoushi from yesterday. Yeah it was the CM announced in the manga a few weeks back to appear during the unlimited

  17. #17637
    Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post
    Done, hope we'll get the results as soon as possible.
    Results will be posted tomorrow night, barring unforeseen circumstances and not enough votes (in which case I'll leave the poll open for another day or so).

  18. #17638
    Voted, looks like Gunslinger Girl and Welcome to the NHK are currently tied, I'd be happy with either of these!

  19. #17639
    I'm hoping for Gunslinger of those two. I've already seen NHk, and while it's one of my favorite anime, I'd prefer to watch something else.

  20. #17640
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm hoping for Gunslinger of those two. I've already seen NHk, and while it's one of my favorite anime, I'd prefer to watch something else.
    Now it looks like Tasogare and Gunslinger are tied for first, with Ikoku, Gankutsuou, and NHK tied for third.

    I'd be fine with any except Tasogare, already seen it and not as interested in watching it again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •