Deleted
    Finally got around to watching some of the new season. I have pretty much downloaded everyone of them, aside from Aku no Hana and some other anime i cant remember the name of (Uta something? Some shoujo/Joshi anime anyhow).

Watched 3 of them so far.

Shingeki no Kyojin - First episode was neat, seems like it'll be one of my favs this season. The OP is awesome to boot.

Devil Survivor - I still have to play the damn game despite buying it half a year ago. Assuming its the same atleast. That aside, it seems nice, and without reading up on anything, or playing the game, why do i get the feeling that he will be able to summon Genbu, Seiryuu and Suzaku aswell, considering he can summon Byakko? Also, was i the only one instantly recognizing the voice of that woman near the end as Inaban from Kokoro Connect? :P

Nyaruko S2 - Well, i found this first episode more hilarious than atleast half the first season. I have never been a fan of the fork thing, but him holding up the fork and saying its the most powerful weapon in the universe made me laugh for the first time during those fork stabs.

Two new anime (i dont consider a second season "new" in this case) and i already am a fan of the main girls in the stories. Albeit the Devil one might just be because of her eyes...

Were the any news on a season two Jojo by the way?

And lastly, am i the only one who never understood the whole OreImo hype? I never understood why people always went OMG IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME. I know its a girl, and shes an otaku, but i dont get whats so special about that. I will watch S2 and i found S1 decent, but i just cant understand the total hype around her :P

Deleted
    I went and read some of the Date A Live LNs and... I think I am going to drop that show. Generic, annoying, spineless and retarded MC that makes you cringe and want to hit him with every second decision he makes... :S

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Also, I got the 720p version so the quality is completely tolerable.
    Link plax.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-09 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    I heard good things of that show, is it work watching?
    Rather generic mecha/fanservice/action series. Nothing to write home about but most certainly very enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    My body is ready.

Kinda wondering about them calling it a "reboot" though. Not a S2 but S1 remake?
    Reboot doesn't have anything to do with the anime but with the light novels, so you can disregard that.
    (reboot because the author of the light novels and the original publisher had a dispute of some sort. A new publisher took over the light novels with the same author and another art designer. and released the original 7 volumes in new editions and the new volumes that will come out.)
    there's no information either way if the new IS anime will be a retelling of the original or a sequel.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm interested in finding some mature anime. Not in the manner that it's gore and sex, but I want something more grown-up. I can't really put it better. I really can't stand all the shounen stuff out there with shallow characters, terrible plotlines and horrible fanservice. I want something better than that.
    A few examples of "grown-ups" anime I could make is Ghost in the Shell, Mushishi, Last Exile, Blue Submarine #6 and "Here and There, Now and Then". But ofcourse, humor like Cromartie High can be good too. The latter is freaking hillarious and the only animé I've ever watched to with an english dub, because it was such a great dub.

Any ideas what I could look for? And don't bloody say Higurashi, it's repulsive, violence and gore doesn't equals to being mature and clever.

It doesn't have to be a new series. I actually quite like animé from the 80's.
    Doesn't have to be a series either. If you know a good movie I'm game. Though I do think I've seen most of the biggest and well-known animé movies, like those from Ghibli.
    There's a short that I really really recommend called Magnetic Rose. It's one of the most gorgeous animations I've seen, and I do like the surreal supernatural theme.
    You seem to be more of a fan of anime as a means of storytelling than anything else. I can understand why you can't stand generic shounen. It is a good thing you can handle 80s animations as typically anime from the 80s are of much higher quality in terms of storytelling than the ones airing now. Part of the reason is due to length as anime nowadays often don't have the # of episodes needed.

Anyway I'll toss out a couple anime that you may like in regards to 2 very generic genre. Some are fairly obscure outside of Japan.

Love/romance:
    80s) Kimagure Orange Road/Maison Ikkoku/Touch. Touch was and is the highest rated anime ever to air in Japan across its entire run.
    90s/00s) Karekano/Saikano etc. Most good love/romance fall into shoujo/josei which might be hard to handle.

Action-y:
    80s) Macross/Gundam/Legend of Galactic Heroes. I would watch Macross: Do You Remember Love (a movie) just to see the phenomenal animation (for its time).
    90s/00s) Sekai no Senki series/Monster/Death Note/El Hazard/Rahxephone/Read or Die/Full Metal Panic/Great Teacher Onizuka/Chrono Crusade/Planetes/Kenshin OVAs etc. Of these I think Sekai no Senki/Monster/GTO are sure bets.

Just some I can think on top of my head that most people who has seen them would give 5/5s to. There are also a lot of shoujo/josei anime that are great but a tough sell. Ones like Full Moon/Nana/HachiKuro/Fruits Basket and even CCS (no, not the CardCaptors shit that aired in the U.S.).

Good luck.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2013-04-09 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Suisei no Gargantia.. I am hyped much for the remaining episodes.. Episode 2 was awesome!

Last time I was so excited about an anime from the opening episode was SAO. I pray that Suisei no Gargantia does not disappoint me like SAO did. Gargantia is written by Urobuchi of Madoka (aka NGE turned maho-shoujo) fame however so I am a bit wary.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2013-04-09 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys, what site do you guys use for downloading anime?

really want to see the next episode of Gargantia :>

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Just watch it for the soundtrack and action scenes. Don't think too much about the plot, treat it like an action movie from the 80's.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    And lastly, am i the only one who never understood the whole OreImo hype? I never understood why people always went OMG IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME. I know its a girl, and shes an otaku, but i dont get whats so special about that. I will watch S2 and i found S1 decent, but i just cant understand the total hype around her :P
    it's one of those animes that really polarizes the audience. either they love it or hate it.
    I know its a girl, and shes an otaku
    that's why most people love it I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Cfe View Post
    Hey guys, what site do you guys use for downloading anime?

really want to see the next episode of Gargantia :>
    Sent you a message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    I heard good things of that show, is it work watching?
    For France and Germany, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Last time I was so excited about an anime from the opening episode was SAO. I pray that Suisei no Gargantia does not disappoint me like SAO did. Gargantia is written by Urobuchi of Madoka (aka NGE turned maho-shoujo) fame however so I am a bit wary.
    Why wary? Anything by Urobuchi I'd hop right onto immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    For Germany, yes.
    Fixed it for ya :3

Laura best girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed it for ya :3

Laura best girl.
    I'm sorry, but France is obviously best.

Germany slightly below.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I'm sorry, but France is obviously best.

Germany slightly below.
    Germany had the best scenes, like lying in bed naked with Ichika or proclaiming him to be her waifu. Also stealing the kiss in the middle of the classroom! D:
    France wins in the overall cuteness and swimsuit area though, I'll give you that.

Germany/France > Japan > China > England

Deleted
    Pff, they didn't even show USA in the anime. Don't you mean Japan?

Pff, they didn't even show USA in the anime. Don't you mean Japan?
    Yeah, that's what I meant lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Germany/France > Japan > China > England
    France/Germany > China > England > Japan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant lol.
    There is a USA chick though, but she only appears in the Novel, I heard. She's the one using that last boss in the anime. We might see her in the second season D:

Germany > France > Japan > China > England (There's really no reason to like England-chick, except for her jiggies).