1. #1841
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Have you watched macross zero yet?...it is linked with zero through the legend they even have an ep in frontier where they are making a film based on zero.

    And has anyone seen Tokyo magnitude 8? given whats happened in Japan i think the anime was a little lacking.
    OOOH so frontier and an AU story linked with the zero universe as opossed to the roiginal then? If so then it;s a good thing i havn;t started frontier yet.

    edit and no i havn;t seen magnitude 8. Was thinking about it though. Also i hope Nakiami is okay.

  2. #1842
    The Patient Parablius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    We all need to buy more anime now.
    I approve of this statement. Thoroughly.

    Oh nad started To aru Majutsu no Index! I have heard mixed reviews, but it seems an overall interesting watch THUS FAR (only 14 episodes in). May have to watch season 2 and Railgun at this rate >.<
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

  3. #1843
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    I approve of this statement. Thoroughly.

    Oh nad started To aru Majutsu no Index! I have heard mixed reviews, but it seems an overall interesting watch THUS FAR (only 14 episodes in). May have to watch season 2 and Railgun at this rate >.<
    LOL watching the new season 2 episode right now ac.tually looks like it;s gonna shape up prety well.

  4. #1844
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    INCUBATOR!!!

    Fuck you Kyubey, and your terrible physics!
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

  5. #1845
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    How dare you not add Code Geass! /fist.

  6. #1846
    One piece ep delayed could be that some other ongoin might be delayed too due to recent events.

  7. #1847
    The Patient Parablius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    How dare you not add Code Geass! /fist.
    I agree.

    No matter how crappy it is or how much it insults the intelligence (not to mention sexuality) of the viewer, I don't think there is any other anime that can cause so much anticipation and enthusiasm when watched.
    Yes, it is a pompous piece of crap. But its the best pompous, overdramatic piece of crap ever.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

  8. #1848
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    How dare you not add Code Geass! /fist.
    why would i add something that i haven't even watched to the list "anime i watched and liked"? :P

    and i have MAAAAAANY good anime i still haven't seen, and this will most likely not change in a while, since i'm not in an anime watching mood lately. so spare me with the "but this anime is the best, you need to watch it over anything else, now!"-talk, thanks^^

    @_@

  9. #1849
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    why would i add something that i haven't even watched to the list "anime i watched and liked"? :P

    and i have MAAAAAANY good anime i still haven't seen, and this will most likely not change in a while, since i'm not in an anime watching mood lately. so spare me with the "but this anime is the best, you need to watch it over anything else, now!"-talk, thanks^^
    Ahhh i know those moods all to well. So what triggered it games,manga, Music, GF. RL stuff?

  10. #1850
    could have got his missus pregnant of all my 6 years in wow that was the one thing that took people away from the thing they love the most..

  11. #1851
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    could have got his missus pregnant of all my 6 years in wow that was the one thing that took people away from the thing they love the most..
    I belive that falls under either RL stuff or GF. But yes tis true i have agood friend who just ahd a kid earlier this year or was it last either way he hasnlt been able to play much lately.

  12. #1852
    tbh...if i had a kid i would take the chance to entertain the kid by watching most of the old anime i had...the kid wont understand any of it but will like the prety colours and once it gets older and if you mange to get it hooked you could use that as a damn good excuse to buy new dvd's

  13. #1853
    Where is Welcome to the NHK and Great Teacher Onizuka?! :O

  14. #1854
    The Patient Parablius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    tbh...if i had a kid i would take the chance to entertain the kid by watching most of the old anime i had...the kid wont understand any of it but will like the prety colours and once it gets older and if you mange to get it hooked you could use that as a damn good excuse to buy new dvd's
    You, sir, have just devised a genius plan.

    1. Get children addicted to anime
    2. Allow them to order anime (the missus will consider it as being "for the kids", right?)
    3. Watch
    4. ??????
    5. PROFIT!!!

    Also is Durarara a good watch? I've only heard OMG YES and omfg no. I hate when people are so disparate in their opinions...
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

  15. #1855
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    You, sir, have just devised a genius plan.

    1. Get children addicted to anime
    2. Allow them to order anime (the missus will consider it as being "for the kids", right?)
    3. Watch
    4. ??????
    5. PROFIT!!!

    Also is Durarara a good watch? I've only heard OMG YES and omfg no. I hate when people are so disparate in their opinions...
    It's a good anime, but you have to like the "puzzle type" anime. Meaning that you have pretty much no idea what's going on at the first episode (or even at the 5 first episodes ), and then everything falls into its place episode by episode. Also there are shitloads of characters and you see almost everyone right at the beginning, which might confuse people a bit.

    But that's only my view on it, and everyone seems to have a different opinion on this anime (the speculation forums were going crazy at the time it aired).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

    "I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

  16. #1856
    The Patient Parablius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    It's a good anime, but you have to like the "puzzle type" anime. Meaning that you have pretty much no idea what's going on at the first episode (or even at the 5 first episodes ), and then everything falls into its place episode by episode. Also there are shitloads of characters and you see almost everyone right at the beginning, which might confuse people a bit.

    But that's only my view on it, and everyone seems to have a different opinion on this anime (the speculation forums were going crazy at the time it aired).
    That sounds suspiciously like Baccano... Which was exactly my kind of show. I guess I'll give it a shot :P
    *unknowingly prepares to watch in one sitting*
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

  17. #1857
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    That sounds suspiciously like Baccano... Which was exactly my kind of show. I guess I'll give it a shot :P
    *unknowingly prepares to watch in one sitting*
    It's the same studio that did both
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

    "I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

  18. #1858
    The Patient Parablius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    It's the same studio that did both
    :O

    I feel some hype coming on.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

  19. #1859
    Mechagnome Honkeymagoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Posts
    531
    Just picked up Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica because of all the praises sung in this thread. I'm glad I gave it a second chance; I quit a little ways into the first episode before.

  20. #1860
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    Just picked up Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica because of all the praises sung in this thread. I'm glad I gave it a second chance; I quit a little ways into the first episode before.
    Ditto. I watched the first two episodes when they aired and thought it was silly and boring. Then a couple of weeks later I heard about how it was really dark and stuff so I decided to re-watch it again (5 episodes were out at the time) and yea, I fell in love with it after that. Definately my favorite new "twisted" show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •