not the best but most of those are studio ghilbi or however you spell it so yeah they are prty good, i just finished watching summer wars its really good man if you liked those movies you should like this one

lol sorrior beat me too it=D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    not the best but most of those are studio ghilbi or however you spell it so yeah they are prty good, i just finished watching summer wars its really good man if you liked those movies you should like this one

lol sorrior beat me too it=D
    Seen it twice myself once in a Pub Theatre(i may live in america but it;s literally called a pub theatre even here) and again the other day on blu ray. Now i just need to watch it subbed.

more like, "what? no Toki o Kakeru Shoujo?"

darker then black= best anime ever

EDIT;
    btw can anyone recommend one similar to it?
    Last edited by Gwarr; 2011-03-18 at 12:21 PM.
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Seen it twice myself once in a Pub Theatre(i may live in america but it;s literally called a pub theatre even here) and again the other day on blu ray. Now i just need to watch it subbed.
    ahh ivv watched the dubbed virsion..havnt watched the sub one of it simply because i dindt like the voice actors they had although ussualy that isnt a problem /waves at clannads terrible dubs

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gwarr View Post

EDIT;
    umm im yet to see darker then black but from what i read its 2 peeps fighting stuff with a dark setting to the anime? perhaps phantom reqium for the phantom might peak your interest

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    umm im yet to see darker then black but from what i read its 2 peeps fighting stuff with a dark setting to the anime? perhaps phantom reqium for the phantom might peak your interest
    Loved DTB season1 couldn't get into s2.
    Basic premise revolves around Hei, a "Contractor" - people with varying special powers and highly suppressed emotions who appeared after an event near Tokyo(?) called "Hell's Gate" in which the stars in the sky disappeared.
    The Contractors are, surprisingly enough, contracted to perform murders.
    Very dark and bleak anime with a few emotional silver linings etc.
    Go go, watch DTB

EDIT;
    Darker than Black doesn't really have a whole lot like it.
    I'd say the closest could probably be Ergo Proxy, it has a dark setting, people with alternate persona and superhuman abilities. Not really as actiony as DTB though.
    Last edited by Mezzolith; 2011-03-18 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    As far as anime movies go, Kumo no mukou (Beyond the clouds) and Byousoku 5 Centimeter (5 Centimeters per Second) are really quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    As far as anime movies go, Kumo no mukou (Beyond the clouds) and Byousoku 5 Centimeter (5 Centimeters per Second) are really quite nice.
    Yup those are also amazing, tbh there are too many good anime movies out there.

Ergo Proxy
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom
    Mnemosyne

Simular...possibly atleast

ok if thats why you liked dtb then you relaly should enjoy Phantom

To everyone here i HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend watching an anime called Unihabited Planet Survive, it is one of the best animes ever even after watching it once i can watch it over and over again without a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    To everyone here i HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend watching an anime called Unihabited Planet Survive, it is one of the best animes ever even after watching it once i can watch it over and over again without a problem
    Agreed, even though it is clearly a childrens show it is still quite good...a bit slow sometimes but good over all.

I Loathe english dubs but, HOTD's, which just started coming out aren't half bad.
    Check em out. I Hope you find it as good as I did
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Here's some, maybe you haven't seen.

Here's my listing:

Ghost in the Shell - Police Drama (classic)
    Ghost in the Shell SAC 1st and 2nd GIG - Police Drama, have seen both series about 60 times, no joke (Come on, make a 3rd already)
    Patlabor 1 and 2 - Police Drama
    Akira - Sci-fi Thriller (classic)
    Perfect Blue - Thriller
    Appleseed - Action/Sci-fi (amazing artwork, first is better than the second, both are amazing with art)
    Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete - Based off the game (two years later) (no need to go into detail)
    Dragon Ball Z (not the remake on Cartoon Network now) (again, no need for detail)
    Gunsmith Cats (can't remember a lot of it)
    Naruto (fan sub over dub)
    Tekken (just for them playing Stabbing Westward)
    Spirited Away (classic as well)
    Ninja Scroll - Gory, Violent, Perverse, 1500yr time frame (another classic)
    Gundam Wing - Such a great series, got me into anime.
    Gundam Seed - Newer, more updated, continuing themes from Gundam Wing, but not related story or setting wise.
    Halo Legends - Not great, but not bad, think Animatrix (might as well put that down)
    Animatrix
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Bleach
    Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop (great musical score)
    Rayearth Seasons 1 and 2
    Inuyasha (great series, company went bankrupt, series never finished)
    I have to add it, already listed with Dragon Ball Z, I have to place History of Trucks there. Follows a parallel universe. Can't go into much detail if you haven't seen the series.

Some of these were on Cartoon Network from the late 90's through late 2000s, others were movies that you be lucky to find in stores. Most of these have probably been mentioned, but there was no way I was going through 100 pages of posts.

Thought of another one, Shadow Skill.

Any shows that could be similar to Kino's journey, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Requiem for the Phantom, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiments Lain, Great Teacher Onizuka, Baccano!, Durarara? Sure they're all different genres but still. :P

I'm not a huge fan of animes with mechas but I've watched Code Geass and Evangelion (including all movies released thus far) so they're not completely out of array.

Ohh, gratz sy on 100 pages on your list. now how long for another 100 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siyat View Post
    Here's my listing:

Patlabor 1 and 2 - Police Drama
    Gundam Seed - Newer, more updated, continuing themes from Gundam Wing, but not related story or setting wise.
    Inuyasha (great series, company went bankrupt, series never finished)
    I have to add it, already listed with Dragon Ball Z, I have to place History of Trucks there. Follows a parallel universe. Can't go into much detail if you haven't seen the series.
    Several corrections to your list

1st Inuyasha was finished about 1-2 years ago. They picked it up it was also dropped before because of manga rather than studio reasons from what i recall.

2. Patlabor is also a TV series that i remember seeing on azn/intermnational channel

3. Seed is not so mucha retelling of Wing as it is of the UC timeline aka classic such as 0079, Zeta and ZZ. 00 is the retelling/reinvisioning of Wing. The subject similarities across the two of seed and Wing are omnipresent across the Gundam Multiverse in general.

4. History of trunks is less of an Au story and more of an AT or alternate timeline story. It covers the life of adult trunks before he goes back in time. An AU story generaly would have more differences that history of trunks does.

---------- Post added 2011-03-19 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    It's cause the mods seem to have pretty much made this the anime in general topic its not just about Sy's list anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    yeah, thanks^^

although the name isn't really fitting anymore. my list made the start, but most of those 100 pages are more like general anime talk

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It's cause the mods seem to have pretty much made this the anime in general topic its not just about Sy's list anymore.
    xD
    it weren't the mods though. the thread got stickied because it evolved into the general anime thread, not vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yeah, thanks^^

although the name isn't really fitting anymore. my list made the start, but most of those 100 pages are more like general anime talk

xD
    it weren't the mods though. the thread got stickied because it evolved into the general anime thread, not vice versa.

Ah okay my apologies then.