15+ Year Old Account
    Crime Edge 07 - Still not a fan of "forgive bad guys after we beat them", but this episode was pretty good. Probably my favourite so far, actually. Had both funny parts, and good drama with red hair girl and her sister. Also if had a good life lesson too. If you want a girl to fall in love with you, all you need to do is creepily walk up behind her, push her up against a wall, and start stroking her hair. It doesn't even matter if you literally just met, it works perfectly. Based on the ending, I'm guessing the professor maybe knew the Queen's mother, and he tried to protect her or something, but failed. Don't see what else he could have meant by "you'll end up just like me".

Devil Survivor 07 - Not a bad episode. Soundtrack is still great, and the story is picking up. The second half of the episode was sorta boring, though the ending actually had me excited to see the next episode, which is a first for this series.

Maou-sama 07 - This episode was really damn hilarious. When Chi-chan was being dramatic when she finds out Maou got a lunch from the new neighbour, and then she screamed when the second compartment was opened up, I laughed so damn hard I had to pause the video. Plus her conversation with Emi at the end of the video, wow. Honestly wasn't really a big fan of her before, but she was hilarious this episode.

Valvrave 06 - Saki is kinda crazy. Like really fucking crazy. Though how she took over Haruto's body and became alpha Haruto, and made that video... She might be odd, but she is the most entertaining character so far. Well, besides the Lelouch/Suzaku fusion, of course. Don't like how she became such a pansy when the battle started and had to get Shouko to help her, though. The series is getting better. This was my favourite episode so far.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-05-17 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    Just started watching shuffle! and noticed it had English Dubbed so I thought I would listen to it in my naitive language.....biggest mistake of my life.

Guess I will stick to subbed unless Todd Haberkorn is doing an Enlish dubbed character.

Edit: Just seen he is in shuffle!, guess i didn't make it far enough lol.
    Last edited by mmocfa4baae9c7; 2013-05-17 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Strongly recommended, 9.5/10.
    Don't worry, everyone here is already watching it just like every other currently airing show.

Except Aku no Hana of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Don't worry, everyone here is already watching it just like every other currently airing show.

Except Aku no Hana of course.
    And about 50% of the thread is reading the manga. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Because we don't want to get eyecancer just yet =/

Love Comedy: One word, just one word: Lolicurry

10+ Year Old Account
    Shizuka Hiratsuka needs more screen time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Pretty sure its ~80% by now. I've seen 1 other person "holding out" besides me, and at least 6 confirming they stopped.
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is commie the only group that actually releases Yahari on time? Wish there were more groups subbing it. I like Yahari, but not enough to watch a sub done by commie.

I also have yet to read the Titan manga, and there is little to no chance I will do it. I've seen so many damn spoilers anyways so it doesn't even matter.

Deleted
    Why dislike Commie? They are not doing a bad job on the subs, especially for quickly released stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Pretty sure its ~80% by now. I've seen 1 other person "holding out" besides me, and at least 6 confirming they stopped.
    I'm not \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why dislike Commie? They are not doing a bad job on the subs, especially for quickly released stuff.
    They're okay, but they're by no means accurate in translation most of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    They're okay, but they're by no means accurate in translation most of the time.
    From my experience with the group they're doing a localization on the anime instead of translation. It's similar, but different at the same time; they usually keep the meaning intact while changing a lot in the words used.

Deleted
    From my experience with the group they're doing a localization on the anime instead of translation. It's similar, but different at the same time; they usually keep the meaning intact while changing a lot in the words used.
    Yeah, but personally I think, they are good enough. They are fast and still better than Hadena or worse: official subs. I like dem commies

15+ Year Old Account
    The translate things how they see fit, and by looking at their website, they act like total asshats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their "localization" screws up a lot of meaning at points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Their "localization" screws up a lot of meaning at points.
    I have yet to see them not getting the point across. Translating okonomiyaki as pancakes might not sit well with people who know some stuff about japanese culture, but they are not the target group for localization. The point of "We are going out for okonomiyaki" is "We are going out to eat snacks", and translating it as "We are going out for pancakes" gets that exact point across while avoiding the need for cultural lessons for those uninterested.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    The translate things how they see fit, and by looking at their website, they act like total asshats.
    I have not seen their website so I have no idea how they act. They do not translate things "how they see fit" though. They replace japanese proverbs and lexical constructions with western ones, to a lesser or bigger extent.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-05-17 at 09:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to see them not getting the point across. Translating okonomiyaki as pancakes might not sight well with people who know some stuff about japanese culture, but they are not the target group for localization. The point of "We are going out for okonomiyaki" is "We are going out to eat snacks", and translating it as "We are going out for pancakes" gets that exact point across while avoiding the need for cultural lessons for those uninterested.
    I understand why some might like this, but to me, it doesn't feel right. Altering the content so viewers can more easily understand it just feels like it cheapens the experience. I know this isn't commie, but stuff like this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Frankly, I prefer to actually know what the writers intended the character to say, not some watered down version that is easier to understand. However, like I said, I get that some people do like that.

Deleted
    I understand why some might like this, but to me, it doesn't feel right. Altering the content so viewers can more easily understand it just feels like it cheapens the experience. I know this isn't commie, but stuff like this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Frankly, I prefer to actually know what the writers intended the character to say, not some watered down version that is easier to understand. However, like I said, I get that some people do like that.
    Well, yeah. It does not cater to everyone, for one I certainly prefer "raw" subtitles on my anime. It does not sit right with me to call a different method bad, though. :P

Also, how the fuck did I mistype "sit" as "sight" in that earlier post... Oo
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-05-17 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    In that case, they would have needed to explain it in a panel after the episode, because there is no way to correctly translate japanese memes.
    I would have liked that better, too. But as long as they are better than Hadena or official subs, I support them (though not necessarily every decision they make)

10+ Year Old Account
    and the time a few seasons ago were the official subs were better then the fansubs, the irony.
    minus the lack of typesetting and bleeds in the timing, which is still one of the reasons to go for fansubs. by all means the translation isn't as bad as it used to be. Heck, they're usually better then most original translations these days, half of the fansubs already use the official subs and just edit them anyway.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for Kaichou Wa Maid-sama...again.