Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm just stopping in with a quick question, but I was wondering if anyone here buys their anime as in box sets etc. or if you just watch them all online? I've been debating about it and something about owning the boxes feels better lol.
    I live in Poland, so my "legal" choices are 1)terrible, re-re-retranslated subs on a few, at least 5 year old, shows at mind-boggling prices or 2)even higher prices if I were to try and get my anime abroad. Streaming anime is also a terrible choice, the quality is ridiculously bad.

In other words: torrents aaaalllll the way.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not illegal to express."

Hey everyone, I'm just stopping in with a quick question, but I was wondering if anyone here buys their anime as in box sets etc. or if you just watch them all online? I've been debating about it and something about owning the boxes feels better lol.
    I'd prefer to buy the box sets atm...prices for the UK have dropped a lot since i last bought a DVD.
    used to be that a 3/4 episode DVD would cost a flat £20 and there were virtually no box sets...the likes of full metal achemist(not brotherhood) cost me £260 because it was over 13 DVDs.
    Atm i can get the box set of brotherhood for about £60, Hellsing Ultimate ovas are going for £3 per eppisode, and some as low as £10 for a series...now if only i wasn't unemployed i would have bought a shit ton

Haven't touched boxed anime as it's overpriced here, shitty subs, and you can't get any of the good ones unless you import which is like 100$ extra.

What's wrong with the new shingeki no kyojin? It didn't seem terrible just a pretty boring flashback. I haven't read the manga though.
    Last edited by Diesta; 2013-05-12 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Haven't touched boxed anime as it's overpriced here, shitty subs, and you can't get any of the good ones unless you import which is like 100$ extra.

What's wrong with the new shingeki no kyojin? It didn't seem terrible just a pretty boring flashback. I haven't read the manga though.
    flashback important to the character development for mikasa imo

and the boxsets talk, i'll usually get boxsets BD's of anime i liked that got on UK release or if the US BD's are playable in region B players.
    Last edited by Synaia; 2013-05-12 at 12:24 PM.

I've bought a couple sets, though I rarely actually watch them. I just like having them.

for boxsets I do the same as synaia, BD that are cheap enough (though im US).

http://i.imgur.com/jTA2CJJ.gif

This is quite funny.. reminds me of someone I know

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    That and explaining her relation to Eren.
    Why did you change avatar.. your old one was better
    Last edited by Diesta; 2013-05-12 at 02:28 PM.

Lol diesta is that a prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Lol diesta is that a prison?
    Yeah, it's from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/

says the movie is from 1991.....yet including naruto/one piece?

I am relatively sure that's shopped into the scene, you know.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not illegal to express."

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    damn people and their usage of computer programs!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why would you think that..?

I was like ''it included naruto/one piece? wtf?!'' and then I clicked on the gif again. I never thought I was going to be amused twice by the same gif.

lol its from popular film "Silence of the Lambs"

I can't hold out much longer, Shingeki no kyojin manga calls to me.

I am starting the manga right now too. But more because a friend pointed out how censored the Anime in comparison is. Although nothing beats the animation of the Titans
    i mean, the running one from the latest episode made me almost fell out of my chair!

So is everyone like falling prey to the must read manga for Shingeki. Not sure if I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So is everyone like falling prey to the must read manga for Shingeki. Not sure if I should.
    Looks like it :P...tbh i didn't manage to resist the manga after the first episode, my only niggle at the moment is the second cour...i hope the give the manga enough time to publish more story before the start the second cour...if they don't they are likely going to balls the anime up.

im not reading it, only read the first chapter because a friend said the art was "drawn by a thirteen year old", gives it that rough feeling :P