Deleted
    Hmm... Didnt go through all 57 pages.
    Last anime I saw was Soul Eater. I enjoyed it

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Just found this thread today

I've been looking for a decent romance anime for a while but haven't had much luck. I have a long list of shows I want to watch but just haven't been in the mood to finish much lately.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/users/buckylou/anime
    This has all the ones I'm watching/watched/dropped/etc. I wish I'd done a better job of rating as most of the shows aren't fresh in my mind and I can't do them justice now. But anything that has a rating was something I really liked. If anyone could point out any good romance series I'm missing then I'd be very grateful. Also, if you think I'm missing any staples or have stalled one then please make suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    Besides the name, i fail to find similatities.
    Yeah their very different story wise. Katanagatari is a better overall anime though. Easily the best from last year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbi View Post
    Wrong. Kore means 'This'. So Marraphy was correct. "This Zombie?" or in proper English grammer, 'Is This a Zombie?'

Your interpretation would be "Watashi wa zombie desu ka?"
    Or Ore, with which i seem to have mistaken it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Yeah their very different story wise. Katanagatari is a better overall anime though. Easily the best from last year.
    When I say that, I really mean the mood... or the feeling that they evoke in the audience. For example, Darker Than Black and Black Lagoon are VERY different story wise, however they sort of give off the same feel, if that makes any sense (and after reading this sentence noticed the word "black" in common. Maybe that creates a connection?). Just my way of seeing it ^^. I also suppose that from this perspective this perceived similarity could vary greatly from person to person... Just the way I feel.

Also funnily enough I find Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist somehow similar... Despite their pseudo-shounen status, I have no idea how I grouped them together.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Dont know if someone said this one but Code Geass About 75 episode Pretty good in my opinion watching it atm =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    Dont know if someone said this one but Code Geass About 75 episode Pretty good in my opinion watching it atm =P
    Code Geass is fantastic, a perfect combination of action, suspense, and drama. Sadly Season 3 has been pushed way back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here are the openings for FMA brotherhood for people who have seen original but not this one. IMO best openings for any anime series I've seen.

you will notice a lot of different characters included with ones from original anime.

Opening 2

Opening 3

Opening 4

Opening 5

Last edited by sluggs; 2011-01-16 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Code Geass is fantastic, a perfect combination of action, suspense, and drama. Sadly Season 3 has been pushed way back.
    Code Geass and Death Note prolly two of best detectives with addition of supernatural , two favorites of combo of this genre for me whatsoever.

Belzebub of new season looks like enjoyable anime too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I have not seen a reliable source about code geass getting a season 3. I think people still don't know what really happened to lelouch at the end so it is possible but there is nothing on a season 3 even existing.
    Last edited by sluggs; 2011-01-17 at 04:43 AM.

there will be a season 3 of code geas but other time iirc and i want a 4th season of Full Metal Panic (3rd story season) there is enough material the light novels are really great so i really hope they stop pushnig the idea back of a 4th season ;<

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    there will be a season 3 of code geas but other time iirc and i want a 4th season of Full Metal Panic (3rd story season) there is enough material the light novels are really great so i really hope they stop pushnig the idea back of a 4th season ;<
    the next season of geass is the european front and has NOTHING to do with lelouch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    i will say this as politely as possible. there is no third season please stop giving people false hope.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    the next season of geass is the european front and has NOTHING to do with lelouch
    At least some people realize what the latest geass story is about and it is a SPINOFF MANGA.
    Last edited by sluggs; 2011-01-17 at 02:08 PM.

I dont think you should be labeling Code geas as having a third season...its more along the lines of a spin off/alternate take on the series...like some of the gundams did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I dont think you should be labeling Code geas as having a third season...its more along the lines of a spin off/alternate take on the series...like some of the gundams did.
    heh.. that kind of reminded me of Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicles and XXXholic.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    heh.. that kind of reminded me of Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicles and XXXholic.
    yeah ..wouldnt be suprised to see the chars again in a future clamp project...didnt like card captor and i havnt watched xxxholic but Tsubasa Chronicles i watched to the end of the second season then i droped it because rather than do a third season the done an OVA...way to finish a series :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned this before, but the thread moved so fast that I'm not sure anyone responded, so to reiterate;

WATCH. PHOTON.

Excellent series. Only a few episodes long, but you won't regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    @lizon, you might like this^^

i just looked through the artist's gallery again (hopeless-breakdown - she's awesome!) and thought i'd post it
    Last edited by Sy; 2011-01-18 at 09:57 AM.

Has Grave of the Fireflies been mentioned yet?

What about 5mm per Second?

Or Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    @lizon, you might like this^^

i just looked through the artists gallery again (hopeless-breakdown - she's awesome!) and thought i'd post it

I like this one better myself. BRS is just awesome.

I was also doing some updates to my website and I found a lot of reviews that I had done on several anime's that I don't see mentioned a lot here. I thought I should mention them because they are often easily overlooked by the mainstream fanbase out there and I think that they are just wonderful pieces of work.

Shangri-la

The story of a young woman fighting for her survival in a real "urban jungle." Only 18 years old, Kuniko Hojo finds herself at the heart of the battle for humanity's future when she discovers that the government which rules Atlas intends to continue marginalizing the less-privileged masses outside the tower - by force, if necessary.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

After a massive earthquake in Tokyo 25 km under the sea at a magnitude of 8.0, siblings Mirai and Yūki, who were visiting a robot exhibition in Odaiba at the beginning of their summer vacation, struggle to reach their parents in their house in Setagaya, assisted by a female motorcycle courier named Mari, who is striving to reach her own daughter and mother in Sangenjaya.

Dance in the Vampire Bund

The story revolves around Mina Ţepeş, princess-ruler of all vampires, and her "protector," Akira. Like other vampires, Mina has been in hiding with her people for many years. Seeking to end centuries of isolation, Mina gains permission to create a special district for vampires, "The Bund", off the coast of Japan by paying off the national debt of the Japanese government. Mina then reveals to the world the existence of vampires and her desire for both races to live together. Tensions, however, run high as fearful humans and extremist vampire factions begin to interfere with Mina's wish for peace with the human world.

Ookami Kakushi

A 15 year old boy, Hiroshi Kuzumi, has recently moved into a new town in the mountains. The town is separated into new and old streets by the river, and many mysterious local cultures still remain, and the townspeople are unusually friendly to him. Although confused and enjoying his new life, one person kept her distance from him: class committee member Kushinada Nemuru. In their few encounters she gave him a word of advice: "Stay away from the old streets.

Really if anyone of you here have not seen these four anime's take some time to see them. They are all top quality pieces, and despite their flaws you'll see that they are not typical of what is normally out there.