could have got his missus pregnant of all my 6 years in wow that was the one thing that took people away from the thing they love the most..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    could have got his missus pregnant of all my 6 years in wow that was the one thing that took people away from the thing they love the most..
    I belive that falls under either RL stuff or GF. But yes tis true i have agood friend who just ahd a kid earlier this year or was it last either way he hasnlt been able to play much lately.

tbh...if i had a kid i would take the chance to entertain the kid by watching most of the old anime i had...the kid wont understand any of it but will like the prety colours and once it gets older and if you mange to get it hooked you could use that as a damn good excuse to buy new dvd's

Deleted
    Where is Welcome to the NHK and Great Teacher Onizuka?! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    tbh...if i had a kid i would take the chance to entertain the kid by watching most of the old anime i had...the kid wont understand any of it but will like the prety colours and once it gets older and if you mange to get it hooked you could use that as a damn good excuse to buy new dvd's
    You, sir, have just devised a genius plan.

1. Get children addicted to anime
    2. Allow them to order anime (the missus will consider it as being "for the kids", right?)
    3. Watch
    4. ??????
    5. PROFIT!!!

Also is Durarara a good watch? I've only heard OMG YES and omfg no. I hate when people are so disparate in their opinions...
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    You, sir, have just devised a genius plan.

1. Get children addicted to anime
    2. Allow them to order anime (the missus will consider it as being "for the kids", right?)
    3. Watch
    4. ??????
    5. PROFIT!!!

Also is Durarara a good watch? I've only heard OMG YES and omfg no. I hate when people are so disparate in their opinions...
    It's a good anime, but you have to like the "puzzle type" anime. Meaning that you have pretty much no idea what's going on at the first episode (or even at the 5 first episodes ), and then everything falls into its place episode by episode. Also there are shitloads of characters and you see almost everyone right at the beginning, which might confuse people a bit.

But that's only my view on it, and everyone seems to have a different opinion on this anime (the speculation forums were going crazy at the time it aired).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    It's a good anime, but you have to like the "puzzle type" anime. Meaning that you have pretty much no idea what's going on at the first episode (or even at the 5 first episodes ), and then everything falls into its place episode by episode. Also there are shitloads of characters and you see almost everyone right at the beginning, which might confuse people a bit.

But that's only my view on it, and everyone seems to have a different opinion on this anime (the speculation forums were going crazy at the time it aired).
    That sounds suspiciously like Baccano... Which was exactly my kind of show. I guess I'll give it a shot :P
    *unknowingly prepares to watch in one sitting*
    -Judic

Deleted
    That sounds suspiciously like Baccano... Which was exactly my kind of show. I guess I'll give it a shot :P
    *unknowingly prepares to watch in one sitting*
    It's the same studio that did both

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    It's the same studio that did both
    :O

I feel some hype coming on.
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Just picked up Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica because of all the praises sung in this thread. I'm glad I gave it a second chance; I quit a little ways into the first episode before.

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    Just picked up Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica because of all the praises sung in this thread. I'm glad I gave it a second chance; I quit a little ways into the first episode before.
    Ditto. I watched the first two episodes when they aired and thought it was silly and boring. Then a couple of weeks later I heard about how it was really dark and stuff so I decided to re-watch it again (5 episodes were out at the time) and yea, I fell in love with it after that. Definately my favorite new "twisted" show.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

because everyone loves huge battle robots

btw: GUNDAM rocks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ahhh i know those moods all to well. So what triggered it games,manga, Music, GF. RL stuff?
    nothing at all, i live my usual nerd life with some boredom here and there.
    but i just don't feel like watching anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollidie View Post
    Where is Welcome to the NHK and Great Teacher Onizuka?! :O
    i have only seen the first half of Welcome to the NHK with a friend and liked it a lot. but i won't put in on my list without having seen the whole anime.

about GTO, i watched it, but didn't like it nearly as much as many other people. the animation/drawing style, the "story" and the kind of humor are all not really my thing.
    it was okay, but not one of my favorites.

Deleted
    Well alot of things are just matter of taste i personaly liked humor of GTO.
    Hopefully this weeks mainstream anime wont be delayed too long (Bleach/One Piece , maybe some others)

Just finished Kanon, that was by far the best anime i have ever watched! thank you so much for the recomendations going to start on clannad soon.

I have to admit kannon got pretty sad during some parts, i'm so glad it was a happy ended for a while i feared it was going to end tragically :/

Thanks again Sy

:O

I feel some hype coming on.
    Isaac and Miria actually make a cameo in one of the episodes. If you liked Baccano it's definitely a show to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by shallaserrar View Post
    Just finished Kanon, that was by far the best anime i have ever watched! thank you so much for the recomendations going to start on clannad soon.

I have to admit kannon got pretty sad during some parts, i'm so glad it was a happy ended for a while i feared it was going to end tragically :/

Thanks again Sy
    If you haven't checked out Clannad yet, and subsequentially Clannad: After Story, you should definitely give it a view. Such a great story. (Especially Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter >_>)
    Last edited by Mezzolith; 2011-03-16 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    If you haven't checked out Clannad yet, and subsequentially Clannad: After Story, you should definitely give it a view. Such a great story. (Especially Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter >_>)
    Just bought the part 1 box set this morning gonna start tonight when my gf gets back from work
    Last edited by Kitomi; 2011-03-16 at 08:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karosene View Post
    isaac and miria
    oh god i didn't even have to read the rest of the post. Will watch.
    -Judic

well bad news , Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica has been cancled....or not, turns out its only been delayed a week and the post about it was translated wrong, sorry if anyone read this before the edit.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-03-16 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shallaserrar View Post
    Just finished Kanon, that was by far the best anime i have ever watched! thank you so much for the recomendations
    you're welcome, glad you liked it as much as i did =)

please be careful when talking about endings though, better mark those parts with a spoiler warning just in case.

imo Clannad is not as good as Kanon, but yeah, it's still a great anime and certainly worth watching.
    and i love the Tomoyo Chapter too!

Isaac and Miria
    oh god i didn't even have to read the rest of the post. Will watch.
    ftw! xD