Heil Anime Fans!
    I was talking with somebody on IRC who was looking for an Anime he has seen a long time in the past. Unfortunately, I could not remember it or find it. So I figured I'd call in the Cavalry!

Not much know, seeing it was from long time ago, but Ill say what I have learned:

• Aired in France during 1993-1995.
    • Either a movie or a short serie.
    • Not focussed on many characters.
    • Magical girl with a powerful "Balance" spell.
    • Said Balance spell activates one of the damaged Robots.
    • Contained a Flying Fortress.
    • Train goes on Flying Trails (on clouds) to Flying Fortress/Castle. (Said train is supposed to have a HUGE engine).
    • Faceless robots with 3 "eyes".
    • Futuristic, but old Anime so could be Old Style Futuristic. (Like Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water).

Thats all the information I received. I hope you guys can help me and said user who is actually looking for it
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-03-23 at 02:31 PM.
    Winner of the Award: Troll of the year 2010... apparently.
    Know the Anime Rules! | General Moderator
    I went to Kate's Birthday Party!!!
    (Thanks to Célina for fixing my Avatar)
    Dotje & Minoes I miss you both

sounds a bit like castle in the sky. the mech this?
    http://images.animelab.com/gallery/L...s/laputa10.jpg

thats the only one i can think of...there is an air fortress and floating castle and a broken mech that is restarted by the girl...the only difrences is what they are calling the magic(could be lost in translation) and the train going into the clouds though there is a train sequence in it.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-03-23 at 04:36 PM.

Grunt

Thumbs up Omg

Lagwin, you are a star.

Many thanks for finding this.

Damn beaten to it by Lagwin. Anyways yeah that is what i thought as as well.

As for me i finished tekkaman blade and it's 3 hyper short ovas GREAT series i really did love it.

w00t i got it right? :P
    was begining to think that it was to obvious being laputa and was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    was begining to think that it was to obvious being laputa and was something else.
    Haha I had a similar feeling... Thought it would be something extremely obscure, so that shocked me a bit.
    Nice call regardless ;D
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

I had the opposite thought thinking that it didn;t scream a perfect match. But then again it;s been over a year since i last saw it. Still was the only series i could think of though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I had the opposite thought thinking that it didn;t scream a perfect match. But then again it;s been over a year since i last saw it. Still was the only series i could think of though.
    I had the benefit of being in the same position...Laputa was shown in the uk in the 80's and all i could realy remember was the robot all the story was well out from what i remembered and 20 years later i see the dvd advertised in a magazine and a nice big pic of the robot.

I never saw it and it was aired before I was even born (I believe, did not really check yet).
    However, its good to see a lot of people with knowledge of classic Anime. Thanks for the help, and you never disappoint me MMO-Champion Anime Community
    Winner of the Award: Troll of the year 2010... apparently.
    Know the Anime Rules! | General Moderator
    I went to Kate's Birthday Party!!!
    (Thanks to Célina for fixing my Avatar)
    Dotje & Minoes I miss you both

"HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI"

Seriously, does it even have an order or timeline? I'm confused, but enjoying it... *sinister lol*
    Last edited by Hethalion; 2011-03-24 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    "HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI"

Seriously, is it even have an order or timeline? I'm confused, but enjoying it... *sinister lol*
    been a long time since i've seen it and it was the first anime and so far the only one to creep me out :P if i remember rightly they end up going through the story a few times from either difrent points of view or alternate takes on the story...still not watched the seconnd season of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I never saw it and it was aired before I was even born (I believe, did not really check yet).
    However, its good to see a lot of people with knowledge of classic Anime. Thanks for the help, and you never disappoint me MMO-Champion Anime Community
    Was np and yeah i agree not enough people watch older series these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    not enough people watch older series these days.
    Urge to rewatch Outlaw Star increasing.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Urge to rewatch Outlaw Star increasing.
    Yes that show does rule but i mean even older. I for intsnace just finished Tekkaman Blade a 1992 series i have seen classic gundam from 1979 as well as the 80s series and specials. I've evn seen Golion that was used to make voltron and many many other older shows. I just feel that alot of people just stick to newer series too much.

the few old ones i have watched are Robotech(macross) and fist of the north star tried tekkaman blade but couldnt get into it and as for gundam from wing onwards...and i have some from manga entertainment like violence jack and iczer3 and so on, but 3x3 eyes was an old one i enjoyed and devil man.

i just started watching Yumekui Merry its prty good so far the characters all look prty cool

the few old ones i have watched are Robotech(macross) and fist of the north star tried tekkaman blade but couldnt get into it and as for gundam from wing onwards...and i have some from manga entertainment like violence jack and iczer3 and so on, but 3x3 eyes was an old one i enjoyed and devil man.
    Yeah i've seen both Robotech AND the three series that it was comprised of. And i gotta ask why couldn;t you get into Tekkaman Blade? I think it's a damn good series?

I can't really get into too old anime, I like flashy nice animation more than the stories I guess

JoJo's Bizarre adventure and Ronin Warriors are some older ones I enjoyed though

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I can't really get into too old anime, I like flashy nice animation more than the stories I guess

JoJo's Bizarre adventure and Ronin Warriors are some older ones I enjoyed though
    Yeah i havn't seen jojo but i have seen ronin warriors aka samurai troopers and all the ovas. I have an older boxset for it that contains them all even the japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    i just started watching Yumekui Merry its prty good so far the characters all look prty cool
    Yeah, I've really gotten into it. I'm sad it's only going to be a few episodes longer, but hopefully it does well and get's another season.

Gosick is another cool series that's going right now too. Victorique is probably one of the cutest characters I've seen.

Also, an unrelated funny anime picture: http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5...7cf012f40e.png
    Last edited by Karosene; 2011-03-25 at 08:51 AM.