Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    My problem with AnoHana, though I agree, it was good, was that I found myself holding it up to Clannad too often in terms of how I felt for the characters and overall emotion I got from it, in that process, it fell a bit short, I almost cried on the last episode, but no where near Clannad levels. :/
    humm nah i never compared it to clannad theres no way i could so i just enjoyed till the end althought yes the ending cutscene felt a bit weird i dont know like unrealistic cuz why they didnt jump on her as soon as they saw her?

Still the best thing this year is madoka dunno how ppl can put anohana to it level...

and just finished watching Hoshizora e kakaru hashi and gotta say futtsu animu is futtsu -SPOILER- the only thing above the average moeblob was that MC got confessed by all the possible harem gurlz and rejected them and finally he confessed to the girl and they lived happilly everafter -SPOILER-

So basically Hoshizoraa e kakaru hashi its a Moeblob that started as a Harem lovecom and ended as a shoujo romance...

also kudos to whoever reccomended Rideback some time ago its a really nice story, very nice development and something different that is really worthwhile...

Deleted
    I have been wanting to get into anime for a while, I've watched a few episodes of bleach and the well known movies like Akira and Ghost in the Shell. This will help out alot thanks... Glad I found it!

Well more new stuff starting from today.
    Rou Kyuu Bu! http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8371 first one to have a look at

Blade http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8162 Some how i dont think i'll bother with this

Blood-C http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8348 there is an early LQ ep one out today but the actual series starts next week

Kamisama no Memo-chou http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8370 Sounds like this will attempt to be like gosick

And there is supposed to be the new Last Exile starting today though i get the impression that it'll be later in the month

Quote Originally Posted by jim0r View Post
    I have been wanting to get into anime for a while, I've watched a few episodes of bleach and the well known movies like Akira and Ghost in the Shell. This will help out alot thanks... Glad I found it!
    well besides the "Big-3"(naruto, bleach, one-piece) you may start with the all times top animes like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Code Geass watch em then comeback for more =D or maybe youll like to adventure on a new genre?

WTB fansub of the uncensored versions of last seasons BR =S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Well more new stuff starting from today.
    Rou Kyuu Bu! http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8371 first one to have a look at

Blade http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8162 Some how i dont think i'll bother with this

Blood-C http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8348 there is an early LQ ep one out today but the actual series starts next week

Kamisama no Memo-chou http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8370 Sounds like this will attempt to be like gosick

And there is supposed to be the new Last Exile starting today though i get the impression that it'll be later in the month
    Blood-C doesnt start till the 7th and Kami-sama no Memo-chou doesnt start till the 8th. Sacred Seven and some romance comedy based on a PSP game do start today though.

I have just about 0 interest in Blade and have not seen Ro-Kyu-Bu, but I have read that when it isnt bogged down with loli fan service, it is alright. Probably still won't bother with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    humm nah i never compared it to clannad theres no way i could so i just enjoyed till the end althought yes the ending cutscene felt a bit weird i dont know like unrealistic cuz why they didnt jump on her as soon as they saw her?

Still the best thing this year is madoka dunno how ppl can put anohana to it level...
    Its probably a person problem I had, not with anyone else. I don't know why I kept comparing it to Clannad, I guess since I expected to cry as much as I did while watching Clannad. (Every comment I saw about AnoHana was that it was sadder than Clannad mostly) Which, kinda disappointed me since the only real time I cried in AnoHana was the last episode. ><

I agree that Madoka is the best this year, gonna be hard to top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Blood-C doesnt start till the 7th and Kami-sama no Memo-chou doesnt start till the 8th. Sacred Seven and some romance comedy based on a PSP game do start today though.I have just about 0 interest in Blade and have not seen Ro-Kyu-Bu, but I have read that when it isnt bogged down with loli fan service, it is alright. Probably still won't bother with it though.
    You got a problem with loli fanservice? I mean Astarotte no Omocha was fulla loli fanservice but it was a great series woulda been great without it similar for dog days both underrated series of last season and worthy of a second if ya ask me.Oh and to the guy looking for advice try bridge series like Trigun and Cowboy Bebop add in a bit o Big O and maybe S-Cry-Ed and you should be set for a good introduction. Though tell me more about your normal tastes and I'll make a custom list for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, never been a big fan of fan service in any form, but that isnt the reason I am not all that interested in it. The idea of a high school age guy coaching a 6th grade girls basketball team just doesn't really interest me. If I hear good things, I might check it out but until then I have other things to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya question: In the final 5th part of the Melancholy episodes, while Kyon is talking to Yuki through the computer she tells him "Once again, in the library" -> What is she trying to tell him? Ive looked back on all the episodes and the only mention of the library is when Yuki was insistent on checking out a book; but still doesnt make since with the dire situation that Kyon and Haruhi are in. Hope someone can clarify this for me, ive been scratching my brain for a few days trying to think of an answer.

Is blood c any good im thinking about watching it

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Its probably a person problem I had, not with anyone else. I don't know why I kept comparing it to Clannad, I guess since I expected to cry as much as I did while watching Clannad. (Every comment I saw about AnoHana was that it was sadder than Clannad mostly) Which, kinda disappointed me since the only real time I cried in AnoHana was the last episode. ><

I agree that Madoka is the best this year, gonna be hard to top.

well now that i think about it it happened to me when i watched Angel beats all the time i was thinking: "not as touchy as clannad, not as sad as clannad..." dunno but watched it complete and never got really "in touch" with it even i admit its a really good piece of work

"Once again, in the library"
    long time since i saw haruhi but isnt she talking about her alien library

If I hear good things, I might check it out but until then I have other things to watch.
    i second that emotion i have like 80+ things ready to be watched and other 100 on the to-do list and since im about to stop being a neet ill have to start being very picky on what i watch...

not that i hate fanservice but when inadequately used might be very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Is blood c any good im thinking about watching it
    Has it anything to do with Blood+ or are they like different dimensions? Characters are not the same at least.

While Blood the Last Vampire and Blood+ had some of the same characters, they weren't from the actual same universe.
    Last edited by Thes; 2011-07-03 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Has it anything to do with Blood+ or are they like different dimensions? Characters are not the same at least.

While Blood the Last Vampire and Blood+ had some of the same characters, they weren't from the actual same universe.
    Well, i saw the pre-aired episode already, though official start is next week.

Up to the end of that episode, there are only 2 things related to Blood+ so far: The name Saya (the character herself is totally different than in Blood+, both behaviour and appearance) and swordfighting (which i must admit is way better than any swordfight in Blood+, maybe except the final battle Saya/Diva). And a lot of Blood in that fight, just seems fitting for the theme.

I'm curious as to how they want to tie in the Story of Blood+ or if they want to attempt a whole new take on the franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Latest episode of Nichijou was great. New OP/ED, an actual storyline and Nano goes to school! I wonder if they are going to move away from the pure randomness or if this was special just to get Nano in contact with the school girls. Also, it looks like nervous teachers son has joined the cast.

HOLY SHAT theres going to be a US release of Fate/Extra
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2011/070211a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Latest episode of Nichijou was great. New OP/ED, an actual storyline and Nano goes to school! I wonder if they are going to move away from the pure randomness or if this was special just to get Nano in contact with the school girls. Also, it looks like nervous teachers son has joined the cast.
    i dropped nichijou after the 2nd scene with the talking cat.... it was just a bit too much.

now finishing Astarotte no omocha... and dam looks like Naoya is going for Mom and daughter i thought he was going to treat her like a daughter too...

anyone here finished watching Hidan no Aria(aria the scarlet ammo) i kinda dropped that trainwreck at chapter 6 but sometimes i feel the impulse to finish it =S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    i dropped nichijou after the 2nd scene with the talking cat.... it was just a bit too much.
    Sakamoto-san! One of my favorite characters. A talking cat voiced by Minoru Shiraishi (Akria's counterpart from the Lucky Channel part of Lucky Star) is perfect. He is also usually the voice of reason in the house. Not hard when the other two are a child genius and a robot girl who wants to be normal.

Ya are missing out on Nichijou, my favorite this season. But I guess if you are not a fan of random comedy it might not be your cup o tea.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooo it looks like Kami-sama had a pre-released episode or something! Also, new OP/ED for Beezlebub if I'm not mistaken...

Oh yeah I forgot to mentionThere's going to be a US release of Turn A Gundam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot to mentionThere's going to be a US release of Turn A Gundam
    Known about this FOR AGES also supposed to start this year sub only though. I mean i like subs but they COULD always try and get the VAS that did Loran and Sochie from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for instance along with some others. Oh and seen it already actually i've seen most gundam series.