Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Gosick was meh. Victorique was awesome, but the dude is just annoying.

Side note, Hidamari Sketch gets 4th season! More Yunocchi = yay! Also Amagami SS is getting a 2nd season. Really hope they are going with a whole new cast with maybe some of the original as side character (more Miya can never be a bad thing) otherwise it will suuuuuuuuck
    Yup, squirrel boy's personality definitely hurt the series. Tis a shame since series that are that well made are pretty rare (in terms of animation) nowadays.

Definitely agree with the Amagami thing as well. That crazy chick (Tsukasa I think?) was amazing, lol. I'll be sad if there's none of her or the swimmer in the second season.

Also a bit unrelated (and old), but did anyone else find episode 4 of Natsume's third season really friggin sad? I don't think I've ever teared up that much. Ever. It was so bittersweet. :S

more like another 6 arcs of the amagami universe?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Karloz ya mean light novel not manga also the series is essentially at novel 12 of 21-22 out with the next one that I'd coming out later this year being the last. Thus yeah easy enough to do.

Sorrior, I too love the Hayate no Gotoku series, and as such a fan, I know you must Love Hinagiku, right? Even if you don't I feel the need to show the gloriousness of this picture, even to regular anime fans are like "Awwwwwww" in such a way that their like "Daaaamn"

It's a rather favorite of mine, not just because of the Hinagiku goodness, but also because of the overall feel. I think it's the look in her eyes...

I'll let you all decide.

3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Ayumu > Hinagiku. Yeah thats right. I love me some Hamster girl. Maybe I just have a soft spot for the under dog, but she is awesome.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2011-08-14 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Gosick was meh. Victorique was awesome, but the dude is just annoying.
    Yeah, in terms of side kicks I think Kujo is only topped by Raki of Claymore in terms of obnoxious uselessness through much of the series. I was more impressed by how they actually managed to tie all the episodic elements together in the end; I really didn't see the bigger picture until they showed me, and that was a great experience.

Anyway, guess I'll give Clannad a shot sometime when I get around to it. Still watching Legend of Legendary Heroes and the next few nights are raid nights and then I'm moving out so it'll be on the back burner for a while.

Edit: and to return the strong recommendation Laylie if you ever feel like a melancholy anime I give Gunslinger Girl my wholehearted approval (season 1 only; season 2 is awful). Subtle series, with a great deal of sadness mixed in with just a bit of hope. You'll love it...or you'll flat out hate it because it's:
    a) A little-girl anime with no moe appeal
    b) An action anime that has little fighting and decries violence
    c) A drama with no romance and few tears
    One of the two. ;D
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-14 at 03:04 AM.

2 more Miku VOMTOM vids lol

me like Miku with serious face

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    a) A little-girl anime with no moe appeal
    you know humm moe its an appeal totally subjective so even if its not Moe to you it may be moe for everyone else =D

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    you know humm moe its an appeal totally subjective so even if its not Moe to you it may be moe for everyone else =D
    *a) A little-girl anime with no intended moe appeal

That better?

Edit: About halfway through Legend of Legendary Heroes. Am I the only one that wishes they spent more time on Sion and Miran? The politics of nations and the dilemmas of power are a lot more fascinating than watching the umpteenth lonely good guy who has a great hidden power of destruction (/waves at Kenshin, Vash, Naruto, Ichigo, Yusuke Yurameshi, Abel Nightroad, Hei, Touma...).
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-14 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    Sorrior, I too love the Hayate no Gotoku series, and as such a fan, I know you must Love Hinagiku, right? Even if you don't I feel the need to show the gloriousness of this picture, even to regular anime fans are like "Awwwwwww" in such a way that their like "Daaaamn"

It's a rather favorite of mine, not just because of the Hinagiku goodness, but also because of the overall feel. I think it's the look in her eyes...

I'll let you all decide.

I'm the can't choose type but yeah Hina is definitely up there with Isumi(cute as hell) and Ayumu as well as Nishizawa oh and the girl who has a near identical backstory in the manga. Nagi be damned i like those one the most so far.

Deleted

I'll let you all decide.

Thank you very much for pointing me to a photobucket wheere I'll be busy for the rest of the day saving the images there, haha. It'll be a decent collection to add to my one, thanks ^^.

I always found Freezing a bit weird and I couldn't really watch more than the first episode, I have a strange distaste to abnormally large breasts, I'm all for large breasts I just don't find extremely large breasts suitable for anime. An example would be Shiba in Kamisama Dolls, some of the scenes show how stupidly drawn the breasts are. (Don't get me wrong though, large breasts can work in anime if done tastefully rather than just thrown in for good measure.)
    Last edited by mmocedd0d67e0c; 2011-08-14 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    *a) A little-girl anime with no intended moe appeal

That better?

Edit: About halfway through Legend of Legendary Heroes. Am I the only one that wishes they spent more time on Sion and Miran? The politics of nations and the dilemmas of power are a lot more fascinating than watching the umpteenth lonely good guy who has a great hidden power of destruction (/waves at Kenshin, Vash, Naruto, Ichigo, Yusuke Yurameshi, Abel Nightroad, Hei, Touma...).
    If you are looking for political intrigue, you should check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Older series so the animation might look a bit dated and it is pretty long, 110 episodes, but it is brilliant. It is a space war epic, but none of that solo person with crazy powers or super mech winning battles alone. Focus is on two new commanders on each side of the conflict and how war changes them.

Synopsis from ANN:
    "For decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war. "

Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    Thank you very much for pointing me to a photobucket wheere I'll be busy for the rest of the day saving the images there, haha. It'll be a decent collection to add to my one, thanks ^^.

I always found Freezing a bit weird and I couldn't really watch more than the first episode, I have a strange distaste to abnormally large breasts, I'm all for large breasts I just don't find extremely large breasts suitable for anime. An example would be Shiba in Kamisama Dolls, some of the scenes show how stupidly drawn the breasts are. (Don't get me wrong though, large breasts can work in anime if done tastefully rather than just thrown in for good measure.)
    That's actually my personal collection, but It's nothing special compared to miss Remilia with her... 100k + collection... But I like my collection and it's a work in progress. And for me it's not really the breasts but rather the personality of a character
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

And for me it's not really the breasts but rather the personality of a character
    I'm sure everybody on the last page was ogling over her personality.

http://i.imgur.com/GVCTb.jpg <- Best combination of personality in looks.

Deleted

I always thought this would be a good example of trying to include personality in looks, it's pretty easy to draw an outgoing/happy person or a depressed/thoughtful person, it's a bit harder to get across a wide range of personalities that are a little more convoluted than people would like to acknowledge. I'm probably thinking too much into it though.
    Last edited by mmocedd0d67e0c; 2011-08-14 at 07:16 PM.

I hope there will be a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf. I love when anime succeed in integrating an original aspect like in this one, the trade/market stuff.
    A few episodes left on Angel Beats! at the moment. Very funny when they joke around with every cliche of heroic shonen scene in mangas. "I will sacrifice myself guys! RUN! Run and don't look back!" "Ok thanks, see ya" *die painfully*.

The anime I watched recently and would recommend:

- Toradora. The personalities of each characters are very good and that what makes the show. + Inko-chan (the only animal in anime I wanted to ... suppress by pity. "What is that! How can they keep it alive? By go, put it down and let it find peace instead of agonizing all day long"..... "those eyes!! those mad evil eyes! MUST.. NOT.. MAKE... EYE.. CONTA...!!! ahhhhh I saw pure madness!!!)

- Gosick. Very very good anime. With the cover of a loli Gothic style main character, I hesitated a bit but it was surprising. With the story taking place in Europe 1924, the usual Japanese representative is an exchange student in an imaginary country between France and Italy. And the good thing is that it's absolutely not a school anime nor "oh i love her at first sight but i'll need 20+ episodes to tell her" kinda stuff (no panties, no big breast). Almost no scene at all in a classroom.
    The anime is a mix of Agatha Christie Detective style and strange murder/stories in an early 20th century Europe right between the 2 World Wars. The smaller stories (investigation) takes multiple episode so nothing is rushed (special mention for the end of the ***** Stone arc). The 2 main characters are a perfect match (the japanese student and the European gothic loli). ++ for the voice actors. Hopefully the male main character personality is very good in the role of a gentleman/sidekick in an early 1920s environment (the outfit are all well done in European style). The female character looks annoying but you can't hate her as she is a mix of cuteness and highly intellectual. Relations between the 2 are well done.
    So go see it now. Totally worth it. (The only complain would be that the male character might be yelling the girl's name way to much in the long term but anyway, I would give it between 9 and 9.5 / 10)
    And +++++++++ for the Opening and the 2 Endings (1st ending!). Sweet.

Last edited by Ikelepte; 2011-08-15 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/GVCTb.jpg <- Best combination of personality in looks.
    I agree, Horo/Holo was just a fun and cute character. What I find endlessly ironic is how objectified she is in most art given her basic attitude toward males through the entire series. After searching her own name on Google I'm guessing her face would be something akin to:

"They could have at least drawn me eating more apples."

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    I always thought this would be a good example of trying to include personality in looks, it's pretty easy to draw an outgoing/happy person or a depressed/thoughtful person, it's a bit harder to get across a wide range of personalities that are a little more convoluted than people would like to acknowledge. I'm probably thinking too much into it though.
    Somebody did me a favor some 30 pages back and found some pretty good stuff of Kurisu from Steins;Gate that captured her pretty well. Unfortunately when I went back to find it the site had been removed.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-14 at 07:58 PM.

aaahhh Horo i never get tired of her even now Im all about Togame Horo always caughts my attention