10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    i've not seen inuyasha so i don't know, they always do that kind of stuff on american releases tho.
    Not always mainly Viz and 4kids and as it happens inuyasha and blue dragon were both viz if i recall right same for zoids which lost an entire gag scene due to Fiona showing up naked in episode 8(still kid form) was a pretty damn funny scene actually.

I mean just picture this naked girl chasing a bright red guy down a hall asking why he's running away while he tells her to go back to her room and get dressed and she's refusing to till he tells her why he's running away. Very funny scrne.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-11-22 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not always mainly Viz and 4kids and as it happens inuyasha and blue dragon were both viz if i recall right same for zoids which lost an entire gag scene due to Fiona showing up naked in episode 8(still kid form) was a pretty damn funny scene actually.
    bcs ciz and 4kids are win win

OP 4kids version just terrible ^^
    and yay for posting in the anime chat thread
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account

I mean just picture this naked girl chasing a bright red guy down a hall asking why he's running away while he tells her to go back to her room and get dressed and she's refusing to till he tells her why he's running away. Very funny scrne.
    yea but then it be nice to have like 2 versions of anime one more catered to mature audience and one to kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    yea but then it be nice to have like 2 versions of anime one more catered to mature audience and one to kids.
    Zoids was and it was quite the cute an innocent scene. Just the naked fiona and american hang ups. As for your idea too costly or some such BS. Now some companied do that with the audio but video is another matter woth a few exceptions(mezzo forte and kite comes to mind) but those are rare and generally where two versions already existed or some other such bit o' crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoids was and it was quite the cute an innocent scene. Just the naked fiona and american hang ups. As for your idea too costly or some such BS. Now some companied do that with the audio but video is another matter woth a few exceptions(mezzo forte and kite comes to mind) but those are rare and generally where two versions already existed or some other such bit o' crazy.
    true but what confuses me is why make manga UNcensored and anime censored. If manga is uncensored then it was clearly not aimed for 12 year-olds (granted they will still find ways to watch it but we'll leave the pervs out of this discussion) so why go through the trouble of making up ways to coverup what was intended originally...seems wasteful and take away from the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manga is often "censored" try to love ru. Depends when it was made among other things. Also the intended audience. But yeah standards and rules in japan are different and until recently significantly so. Such as nudity and violence in kids shows see Mazinger and Doraon for examples. Doraemon has nudity while in Mazinger the mechs "bleed" as they're ripped limb from limb. In short it's more lik western values are affecting japan these days also look up ishihara.

Deleted
    Been awhile since I've posted here however, I'll go ahead and say it..

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Needs to be watched by everyone right now, as dose IS: Infinite Stratos.

Got alot more on my list but going back over and re-watching One piece from episode one so I'll be away for a few days :P Should be fine doing 20-30 episodes a day ;o

10+ Year Old Account
    Manga is often "censored" try to love ru. Depends when it was made among other things. Also the intended audience. But yeah standards and rules in japan are different and until recently significantly so. Such as nudity and violence in kids shows see Mazinger and Doraon for examples. Doraemon has nudity while in Mazinger the mechs "bleed" as they're ripped limb from limb. In short it's more lik western values are affecting japan these days also look up ishihara.
    well considering the crap Japanese put out a little nudity/violence in cartoons is the least of their problems lol but i like the western influence on them imo it makes for better products

10+ Year Old Account
    well considering the crap Japanese put out a little nudity/violence in cartoons is the least of their problems lol but i like the western influence on them imo it makes for better products
    I don't and if you havn't seen any old classic shows like ranma, Tenchi Muyo(the ovas) unedited(the CN version was pretty heavily censored),dragonball(again censored by CN) or even sailor moon uncut then you havn't seen what anime can do as far as having no western influence.

Also bear in mind only recently has mainstream anime become even half as perverse as it has. Look at rosario vampire for instance had they done a straight manga transfer then the fanservice woulda taken a backseat to plot while still being there but instead they decided to upgrade the fanservice to a massive degree and abandon the plot. I mean hell they didn't even really touch on the good stuff in the anime well not most of it anyways.

Oh yeah also look up Irresponsible Captai Tylor great show right there. Also funny tgat a guy with a bleach avatar is commenting on crap. I personally enjoy bleach bur it is by no means the best anime/mangaout there especially since alot of older shows are so much better.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-11-22 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    I don't and if you havn't seen any old classic shows like ranma, Tenchi Muyo(the ovas) unedited(the CN version was pretty heavily censored),dragonball(again censored by CN) or even sailor moon uncut then you havn't seen what anime can do as far as having no western influence.

Also bear in mind only recently has mainstream anime become even half as perverse as it has. Look at rosario vampire for instance had they done a straight manga transfer then the fanservice woulda taken a backseat to plot while still being there but instead they decided to upgrade the fanservice to a massive degree and abandon the plot. I mean hell they didn't even really touch on the good stuff in the anime well not most of it anyways.

Oh yeah also look up Irresponsible Captai Tylor great show right there. Also funny tgat a guy with a bleach avatar is commenting on crap. I personally enjoy bleach bur it is by no means the best anime/mangaout there especially since alot of older shows are so much better.
    3X3 eyes best a man can get but going to the topic of CN censoring stuff when they first took DBZ over in like 19 what ever it was it wasn't actually censored it was only towards the start of the cell saga they began the censoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    3X3 eyes best a man can get but going to the topic of CN censoring stuff when they first took DBZ over in like 19 what ever it was it wasn't actually censored it was only towards the start of the cell saga they began the censoring.

Actuallu up until his fight with jayce and berter it was ocean groups dub and thus censored then when funimation took over uncensored(well blood wise) then i guess they started again around the cell saga. TBH we probably gave DBZ to thank for even shows like generator rex and ben 10 considering the standarda for what was allowwed was MUCH lower when i was a kid ESPECIALLY for kids shows.

But yeah should probably watch what you suggested one of these days.

10+ Year Old Account

never said bleach was best....and my all-time fave anime movies are produced by Ghibli Studios...Howl's moving castle Spirited away kiki's delivery service, princes monoke and more recent the borrowers and ponyo these are fantastic anime and a classic in its own right. It just they give in into mainstream because it provide audience and profit. and by crap i don't mean simply anime im also talking bout their "weird" to be put politely gameshows and wtf moments like [ this ]

also way to judge someone by their avatar

10+ Year Old Account
    never said bleach was best....and my all-time fave anime movies are produced by Ghibli Studios...Howl's moving castle Spirited away kiki's delivery service, princes monoke and more recent the borrowers and ponyo these are fantastic anime and a classic in its own right. It just they give in into mainstream because it provide audience and profit. and by crap i don't mean simply anime im also talking bout their "weird" to be put politely gameshows and wtf moments like [ this ]

also way to judge someone by their avatar
    I was JOKING well that and just pointing out the irony of someone witha bleach avatar commenting on how american standards make more sense.. But yeah point taken. Still that stuff doesn't seem as crazy to me as it once did.

Sorry if i'm not making much sense need some food but running low so kinda outta it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was JOKING well that and just pointing out the irony of someone witha bleach avatar commenting on how american standards make more sense.. But yeah point taken. Still that stuff doesn't seem as crazy to me as it once did.

Sorry if i'm not making much sense need some food but running low so kinda outta it.
    time change sometimes not for the better. Im also hungry/tired and out of coffee so feeling grumpy >.<

oh well time to finish setting up the active directory and call it a day

10+ Year Old Account
    time change sometimes not for the better. Im also hungry/tired and out of coffee so feeling grumpy >.<

oh well time to finish setting up the active directory and call it a day
    No as in i'm diabetic and am or at least was VERY disoriented. My sandwhich is ready now though woohooo. And yeah i know time changes just saying you'd be surprised how good alot of older anime is.

Deleted
    why have I not known about this thread earlier!
    Shingeki no kyojin!
    gantz!
    liar game!
    (shouting out some random manga to show my passion for the genre)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    why have I not known about this thread earlier!
    Shingeki no kyojin!
    gantz!
    liar game!
    (shouting out some random manga to show my passion for the genre)

Because we used to be in the media section under the name sysanime list. Also we have a request thread there and a discussion one. This one got too chatty so they moved it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we used to be in the media section under the name sysanime list. Also we have a request thread there and a discussion one. This one got too chatty so they moved it here.
    only the request thread is still used tho, first day in ages there are posts in this one as we all talk on MAL now, the discusstion thread her eis pretty much dead.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    only the request thread is still used tho, first day in ages there are posts in this one as we all talk on MAL now, the discusstion thread her eis pretty much dead.
    I know just telling him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know just telling him.
    it's sad isn't it?
    oh and i've been playing too much persona3
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni