10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Quick, spoilers.
    Nevar!

Going to a True Blood premiere party anyways, which afterwards I will be marathoning the series all night, so I have a anti-spoiler shield around me now. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Just finished Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and for a movie it was really good. I just wasn't able to invest as much in the characters because being a movie it was just so short. Some of the scenes really got me though. Especially when she fell down the hill and got really banged up right when her friend and his girlfriend got hit by the train.

It made me feel kind of the same way as Steins;Gate in how only she remembered everything, but being so short there wasn't enough scenes for me to feel the same way as I did with S;G.

Now to watch Madoka Magica.
    Glad you liked it, 'tis a nice movie. And I agree about it not having quite the same impact as something like S;G, though I found myself feeling very sorry for Makoto at times, particularly when she loses Chiaki in the crowd. How I loathe bitter-sweet! ='I

15+ Year Old Account
    Sankarea is so lovely, hehe. Didnt watch anything really memorable (well Highschool DxD maybe for OVERFANSERVISE)

Started to read manga. really loved Seo Kouji works > Suzuka and A town where you live (ongoin for now, but still ITSOCOOL!(c))
    And reading GE ~ good ending, dont even know how things will end up but anyway :/
    Oh and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is awesome. Relationships between da boy and da ghost girl.. so exhilarating
    Eh, nowadays there are too many good things.
    back to anime >

Dont wanna watch Eureka 7 AO, cuz ... Just cmon -_- where's my eureka, where is my renton, where are u guys?

Nazo to Kanojo... u guys, just need to check it out So strange but... so original
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    On episode two of Madoka Magica and so far I am really really enjoying it. The trippyness of it is pretty awesome.

Wondering how a small 12 episode anime generated enough hype to still be talked about like crazy over a year after airing, with it's own dedicated magazine, game and manga off-shoots, and even three movies coming up.
    Waiting for my Blu Rays before i start myself. Part 3 LE should be coming next week.

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Sankarea is so lovely, hehe. Didnt watch anything really memorable (well Highschool DxD maybe for OVERFANSERVISE)

Started to read manga. really loved Seo Kouji works > Suzuka and A town where you live (ongoin for now, but still ITSOCOOL!(c))
    And reading GE ~ good ending, dont even know how things will end up but anyway :/
    Oh and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is awesome. Relationships between da boy and da ghost girl.. so exhilarating
    Eh, nowadays there are too many good things.
    back to anime >

Dont wanna watch Eureka 7 AO, cuz ... Just cmon -_- where's my eureka, where is my renton, where are u guys?

Nazo to Kanojo... u guys, just need to check it out So strange but... so original
    Honestly... I have a feeling Eurekas gone shapeshifter on us. As for Renton i suspect he'll show up by the end probably to put Ao in his place or give him some guidance. Probably also to help reveal the shit we don;t get or don;t know like who this Truth guy is.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2012-06-11 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Waiting for my Blu Rays before i start myself. Part 3 LE should be coming next week.
    I'll never understand the fascination for watching it in Blu Ray, especially for an animation. Sure it might look a bit prettier, but you still get the same story in HD.

And buying it too? For like $60 a set? Gah I could never do that.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-06-11 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand the fascination for watching it in Blu Ray, especially for an animation. Sure it might look a bit prettier, but you still get the same story in HD.

And buying it too? For like $60 a set? Gah I could never do that.
    Two things.

First hello you must be new here i OWN and have BOUGHT over 40,000,000 dollars worth of anime and manga INCLUDING series i ALREADY owned on DVD on Blu Ray and yes this includes the 125 dollar R.O.D. and soon to include the new Nadesico one one. Hell i will soon have bought Vandread 3 times first time off amazon(hello bootleg) second time from best buy(hello legit) and NOW i need to get it AGAIN for the OVAS which are just clipshows TBH.

Second 75 not including shipping so 8 dollars PER boxset with 3 set totaling 240 dollar for a series i HAVE NEVER SEEN.

BTW you wanna see what i own well here it is anime only of course

http://sorrior.dvdaf.com/

Cleaning up and adding more right now actually LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things.

First hello you must be new here i OWN and have BOUGHT over 40,000,000 dollars worth of anime and manga INCLUDING series i ALREADY owned on DVD on Blu Ray and yes this includes the 125 dollar R.O.D. and soon to include the new Nadesico one one. Hell i will soon have bought Vandread 3 times first time off amazon(hello bootleg) second time from best buy(hello legit) and NOW i need to get it AGAIN for the OVAS which are just clipshows TBH.

Second 75 not including shipping so 8 dollars PER boxset with 3 set totaling 240 dollar for a series i HAVE NEVER SEEN.

On one hand I think you are overdoing it, but then again it is your money and time, so do what you enjoy....

On the other hand I am impressed by your dedication. I hope I'll be dedicated to something like you are dedicated to anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    On one hand I think you are overdoing it, but then again it is your money and time, so do what you enjoy....

On the other hand I am impressed by your dedication. I hope I'll be dedicated to something like you are dedicated to anime.
    LOL i know full well i fit both the american and japanese meaning of Otaku. And yeah i also have a few body pillows(not kidding here naked holo one and one of a chick from sekirei). I also have not seen about ooooh I'd say 100 or so of the things in that list of anime plus of course my over 5 terabytes of anime and over 300 unread manga counting omnibi of course. Then also my obscenely large backlog of games including a fair amount of LE titles like say how all my copies of agarest war are LE and so on. But yeah LOL i have one HELL OF A backlog. TBH i can probably last half a year with my backlog maybe even a whole year with no repeats.

Reminds me i wish someone would make a site that could catalogue ALL forms of nerdy activity not just DVDs but catalogues the manga/books you own the games and even your achievements cross platform.....OOOh right been so long meant 40,000 NOT 40 million LOL. Sorry tired and feeling sick. Though at the rate I'm going who knows i spend like 1-2k at least a year on anime and manga.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2012-06-11 at 07:12 AM.

I'll never understand the fascination for watching it in Blu Ray
    It shows nudity, of course. But normal people like Skelington just torrent them and become hardcore internet badasses in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It shows nudity, of course. But normal people like Skelington just torrent them and become hardcore internet badasses in the process.
    I do both. I also BUY hentai and even VN when i can. Yeppers i OWN a LEGIT copy of Shuffle the VN as well as Demonbane and even hentai like say Dark Future and Elfen Laid(all listed on my link TBH). so yeah LOL i got y'all beat.

Oh and try watching a standard Def version of say The Girl Who Leapt Through Space and tell me the graphical issues don;t hurt your eyes. Shoulda been Blu Ray only even here in the states man THE PIXELS OH GOD THE PIXELS. Similar for Tales of The Abyss. If iot was made in HD it won't scale down to DVD well even in anime form.

annnd oh crap looks liek some of the titles i gave away after replacing were still there(Chobits individual when i replace it with the new Funi version) Just hopw Yu Yu Hakusho isn't still listed LOL replaced my old DVD 13 episode per box version with the 4 blu rays awhile ago.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2012-06-11 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do both. I also BUY hentai and even VN when i can. Yeppers i OWN a LEGIT copy of Shuffle the VN as well as Demonbane and even hentai like say Dark Future and Elfen Laid(all listed on my link TBH). so yeah LOL i got y'all beat.

Oh and try watching a standard Def version of say The Girl Who Leapt Through Space and tell me the graphical issues don;t hurt your eyes. Shoulda been Blu Ray only even here in the states man THE PIXELS OH GOD THE PIXELS. Similar for Tales of The Abyss. If iot was made in HD it won't scale down to DVD well even in anime form.

annnd oh crap looks liek some of the titles i gave away after replacing were still there(Chobits individual when i replace it with the new Funi version) Just hopw Yu Yu Hakusho isn't still listed LOL replaced my old DVD 13 episode per box version with the 4 blu rays awhile ago.
    Can I have some of your money... D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things.

Dang that is really impressive, I would love to do stuff like that, but maybe when I have a job. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post

^ This

LOL i know full well i fit both the american and japanese meaning of Otaku. And yeah i also have a few body pillows(not kidding here naked holo one and one of a chick from sekirei). I also have not seen about ooooh I'd say 100 or so of the things in that list of anime plus of course my over 5 terabytes of anime and over 300 unread manga counting omnibi of course. Then also my obscenely large backlog of games including a fair amount of LE titles like say how all my copies of agarest war are LE and so on. But yeah LOL i have one HELL OF A backlog. TBH i can probably last half a year with my backlog maybe even a whole year with no repeats.

Reminds me i wish someone would make a site that could catalogue ALL forms of nerdy activity not just DVDs but catalogues the manga/books you own the games and even your achievements cross platform.....OOOh right been so long meant 40,000 NOT 40 million LOL. Sorry tired and feeling sick. Though at the rate I'm going who knows i spend like 1-2k at least a year on anime and manga.
    Yeah.. being slightly OCD I can't have that much on my backlog. I try and have a good sized backlog so I can choose something I want to pick out of it all that I feel like watching, but too much is too much for me. I also haven't gotten into manga yet (being fairly new to anime in the first place) so that's a whole new ballgame for me. I'm still trying to figure out the entire chapter/magazine/formatting of it all.

I would love a thing that keeps track of all of that though, just absolutely everything. In WoW-based achievement form too.

I just hate the thought of watching something and missing a scene or so. A reason I switched entirely to subbed because I am always scared that the dubbed version might be censored (I absolutely despise censorship). To think something I am watching, say Upotte!!, had a scene cut out somewhere because of nudity makes me slightly angry tbh. >.>

But I also don't watch streams or on the TV (like I could, living in America >.>) so maybe what I am getting from the fansubs is the full version(?). I also try and keep up with ANN's feed, but I am probably missing half of what would interest me just by terminology alone. Just a few days ago I found out what BD stood for. (Still slightly confused, I have heard it stands for both Blu Ray and Bonus Disc, and yeah.. shows how new I am to all of this)

I flat out don't watch anything below 720p, which I guess I can afford having unlimited broadband. I do get 1080p when I can, but it does take up quite a bit of space for me.

I do see a big change from DVD to Blu Ray in the next few years though. Just need to give the majority of the population a reason and a good price to buy Blu Ray players.

^

On episode 5 of Madoka Magica though. Even though I think it is brilliant, I still can't understand how it can spawn such a large following, including a magazine. (How can a 12 episode anime fill up that much space in a magazine?!) I guess I just have to finish it up, maybe then I might understand a bit better.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-06-11 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HELL NO running low this month as is. I just don;t have housing/electric bills and even food i;m just starting on. And yeah i DO live with my parents but for various reasons mostly medical/psychological. Working on moving on and when i do hello no more spending but yeah not even allowed to save money since my parents signed me up for benefits. They're both in their 60s and so they're afraid that when they die i might need help and as they put it "better to have them now than when you can't get them and need them". So yeah with a savings cap of 2k(it really is that low if you have more than 2k in your account the government will fuck you over should also probably explain why so many people actually SPEND it all instead of saving not worth it).

I do have a Job BTW and that money goes to pay for phone and internet. Also the Permanent Fund Dividend is a godsend FREE MONEY to do whatever the hell i want with. Was over 1,900 one year and was i think around 1,150 last year.

But yeah not even allowed to save money or i would be. And ironically what i get isn't even enough to afford my food bill let alone rent an apartment(800 bucks is the cheapest we got and food here is pretty damn expensive so yeah) so stuck at home in more than a few ways.

Also anime works for me like medicine does for most. It helps me relax and deal with my issues while medications even naturopathic ones tend to have odd effects on me. I'm the if it's a rare side effect i;ll probably get it type.

40 million dollars and you're still so far behind Synaia...

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah.. being slightly OCD I can't have that much on my backlog. I try and have a good sized backlog so I can choose something I want to pick out of it all that I feel like watching, but too much is too much for me. I also haven't gotten into manga yet (being fairly new to anime in the first place) so that's a whole new ballgame for me. I'm still trying to figure out the entire chapter/magazine/formatting of it all.

I would love a thing that keeps track of all of that though, just absolutely everything. In WoW-based achievement form too.

I just hate the thought of watching something and missing a scene or so. A reason I switched entirely to subbed because I am always scared that the dubbed version might be censored (I absolutely despise censorship). To think something I am watching, say Upotte!!, had a scene cut out somewhere because of nudity makes me slightly angry tbh. >.>

But I also don't watch streams or on the TV (like I could, living in America >.>) so maybe what I am getting from the fansubs is the full version(?). I also try and keep up with ANN's feed, but I am probably missing half of what would interest me just by terminology alone. Just a few days ago I found out what BD stood for. (Still slightly confused, I have heard it stands for both Blu Ray and Bonus Disc, and yeah.. shows how new I am to all of this)

I flat out don't watch anything below 720p, which I guess I can afford having unlimited broadband. I do get 1080p when I can, but it does take up quite a bit of space for me.

In reply to your statements in order

Yep OCD here as well. WHy i DO buy all this is partly because i AM so OCD. Basically i gotta get as many series a si can and if i start buying it gotta do my best to
    finish it. Same for CE gotta have those.

In regards to the site i HAVE thought about going to school to learn how to make something like that actually. Maybe then i could actually get some REAL income. I HATE beinga leech as i am right now even if i do help take care of the house and my parents. Oh right i also earn money by working around the house.

As for the bit about censorship agreed. But almost no on does that anymore hell we even got Vampire Bund FULLY uncensored.

and definition wise i agree i HATE lower quality video but sometime when buying you don't have a choice.

Oh and in regards to internet unlimited here as well but only at 1mbps listed with like 123-145 kbps in actuality. I USED to have unlimited at faster speeds but the company switched to finite so i wound up with over 400 dollar a month internet bills. So my family switched to this company who charges like 69 bucks for unlimited at the speed i listed i MAY be able to get 10MBPS soon(if lucky will probably just be the 7MBPS plan though bloody DSL) again on paper but that will cost me like 109 a month. Welcome to a monopoly BTW THIS is why i say governments should have the right to fuck over companies and corporations give em an inch and they take a lightyear.

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Yes, you have to finish it to understand the hype.

Man what.
    And I thought I had too many series to watch.

For future REF that 5 terabytes includes hentai and MAYBE some manga/music but yeah almost all anime HD and non.

Also the 300 plus manga if i recall right was counted over a year ago and has grown since. And even then if i counted my omnibi and LN collection it was over 400. SO adding in for time i likely have over 500 purchased manga on my shelves waiting to be read. Not counting downloaded of course.

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 07:55 AM ----------

Misspoke as is aid before. It's 40,000 not 40,000,000. But yeah i;m not as far behind syn as you'd think even just going by sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    HELL NO running low this month as is. I just don;t have housing/electric bills and even food i;m just starting on. And yeah i DO live with my parents but for various reasons mostly medical/psychological. Working on moving on and when i do hello no more spending but yeah not even allowed to save money since my parents signed me up for benefits. They're both in their 60s and so they're afraid that when they die i might need help and as they put it "better to have them now than when you can't get them and need them". So yeah with a savings cap of 2k(it really is that low if you have more than 2k in your account the government will fuck you over should also probably explain why so many people actually SPEND it all instead of saving not worth it).

I do have a Job BTW and that money goes to pay for phone and internet. Also the Permanent Fund Dividend is a godsend FREE MONEY to do whatever the hell i want with. Was over 1,900 one year and was i think around 1,150 last year.

But yeah not even allowed to save money or i would be. And ironically what i get isn't even enough to afford my food bill let alone rent an apartment(800 bucks is the cheapest we got and food here is pretty damn expensive so yeah) so stuck at home in more than a few ways.

Also anime works for me like medicine does for most. It helps me relax and deal with my issues while medications even naturopathic ones tend to have odd effects on me. I'm the if it's a rare side effect i;ll probably get it type.
    You got the weirdest situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got the weirdest situation.

Meh you get used to it. Weirdness is kinda my thing. I mean when you seem to be A berseker(asked doctors no match the description of them from norse lore is at minimum a 90% match for what happens to me) and are when healthy manic permanently and can then become manic WHILE manic(by the gods you feel like you can power all of tokyo and new york like that) not to mention prone to odd scenarios with medicine...Yeah i got used to weird stuff YEARS ago.

I could also say there are reasons i term myself an anti human(scientific usage of term meaning reverse so a reverse human). I tend to get the opposite reaction to most things. Someone tires to help me it tends to backfire because i just react so differently LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh you get used to it. Weirdness is kinda my thing. I mean when you seem to be A berseker(asked doctors no match the description of them from norse lore is at minimum a 90% match for what happens to me) and are when healthy manic permanently and can then become manic WHILE manic(by the gods you feel like you can power all of tokyo and new york like that) not to mention prone to odd scenarios with medicine...Yeah i got used to weird stuff YEARS ago.

I could also say there are reasons i term myself an anti human(scientific usage of term meaning reverse so a reverse human). I tend to get the opposite reaction to most things. Someone tires to help me it tends to backfire because i just react so differently LOL.
    That is... awkward.

Though the latter I don't know, I do that =\

10+ Year Old Account
    sorrior isn't that far behind, and he still has all these shows he got to watch on his backlog :P
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    sorrior isn't that far behind, and he still has all these shows he got to watch on his backlog :P
    And with an increased social life, work and seeing doctors at least once evry two months and then starting some new thing not much time anymore. Add in games and so on and yeah not easy.