Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Well, yeah, some of the characters are ugly, but it's suppose to replicate old Japanese paintings, so they aren't really suppose to look attractive.
    Well, ugly isn't a problem. Some of the designs were neat. Some of the males just happen to look like misshapen fishmonkeys.

Always down for Medieval Fantasy stuff, and by the director of Spice in Wolf (Which I haven't fully seen but hear good things)
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-19 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Completely forgot about that one, and Mononoke at that. Gankutsuou easily has some of the most stunning visuals. Haven't read the novel yet, but the show is actually really good once you get into it, even with the space theme(which they really don't use often since most of it takes place in France).

Mononoke's are really good too, but Skelington prefer's Gankutsuou's. Maybe it's the colors and all around surrealism while some of the characters in Mononoke just look awful.
    The original novel is really good, but it's really long. I read it as a required reading two years ago, and the abridged version was still like 600 pages at least. Still a good book, but you'll need to invest the time if you want to finish it.

Also picture to make post relevant

3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Welll i always saw smoker as going to smoke before. Also not what i meant. I meant it was kinda cool looking having him perma make smoke. And yeah i knew about the cigars.

As for Nadia about 12-14 i'd say and my point was that JAPAN was the ones who censored it not america. What i've been trying to say is that it seems american "values" have started to impact japan in some ways without an item even touching american soil.
    That i did not know. That is pretty strange, but really it does not surprise me much. The world is turning into a global marketplace and America is one of the richest nations still (even with our economy in the shithole) so adapting to American values in order to sell product makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Well i just went for shows that are GORGEOUS in blu ray like star driver(ESPECIALLY zero time) and Unicorn(soooo pretty) but yeah it is really hard to answer when you really start to stretch it. So i just went for "Ooooh Sparkly" answers. Other than those though Madoka for the witches lairs and TBH almost anything shinbo or shaft was involved in.
    Star Driver is pretty great. For sheer eye candy, Redline was pretty incredible as well.

Always down for Medieval Fantasy stuff, and by the director of Spice in Wolf (Which I haven't fully seen but hear good things)
    What show is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    What show is this?
    Did some looking into, apparently Maou"Thou shalt be mine, Yuusha." Yuusha"No way!" is the name, which is pretty.. odd. Pretty sure it will be changed for the anime.

Thanks. It looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Thanks. It looks interesting.
    Yeah, the music sounds great, and I really liked the background drops, it looks nice.

Deleted
    Did some looking into, apparently Maou"Thou shalt be mine, Yuusha." Yuusha"No way!" is the name, which is pretty.. odd. Pretty sure it will be changed for the anime.
    Ooh, its being made into an anime? Wonderful, love the manga. It can be a bit heavy on the talky side, but its a really nice manga. So i think it'll turn out a lot like spice and wolf anime-wise, in several ways. And the start is hilarious.

Edit: i dislike names that are remade to english, heres the japanese version :P
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru!"

Funny thing about the manga: They refer to eachother as "hero" and "demon queen" etc, they dont have any names :P
    Last edited by mmoc4ea047ec8a; 2012-08-19 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    I just finished watching Angel beats and it is really nice

And i realised how sad the titel name of the intro song is My Soul, Your Beats is the titel.

I just started watching Clannad, and wonder what i should watch after.

I also just watched Miraj Nikki and guilty crown and they are lovely aswell.

I would like something with a bit more happy ending. What would u guys recommend ( in the style of Miraj Nikki / guilty crown)?

Deleted
    Dog Days and Kaichou wa Maid-sama! not really super close, but enjoyable. You could also check out Elfen Lied.
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2012-08-20 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni could always be something if you havent seen it. Both different and similar settings. Its essentially labeled as a horror, and 3rd or 4th episode will cause you to gain extreme paranoia if you watch it during the evening in a dark room, but other than that, its a really nice anime.
    Even if its labeled as horror its not really scary, apart from what i just said :P By the 5th eps you'll be rid of previously mentioned paranoia, and it will all be happy happy.
    I'd stay away from it however, if you dont like seeing blood and guts, or similar (theres not a lot, just some eps).

So Jinrui, was the other assistant like character suppose to be the same one? I'm confused.

So Jinrui, was the other assistant like character suppose to be the same one? I'm confused.
    He was the grandfather. When she went to that time jump she appeared in an unfamiliar area and the fairies later said that they sent her too far back or something. At the end Watashi told her grandfather that he stole the sundial watch, which is what the kid did.

He was the grandfather. When she went to that time jump she appeared in an unfamiliar area and the fairies later said that they sent her too far back or something. At the end Watashi told her grandfather that he stole the sundial watch, which is what the kid did.
    Oh wow, I was way off, that's actually really neat.

Deleted
    Well im glad someone understood it atleast. All i could manage to think of was the fairies making some wierd banana to multiply her and make candy for them, and something going wrong with it. Terribly confusing tbh. Then somewhere towards the end with that dog explination and shizzle 0.o
    I never thought about the "other" assistant being her grandfather. Thought it was some wierd paradox thingie where the assistant wasnt a quiet child but that lively one instead.

Most confusing jinrui episode so far tbh, although the others werent confusing, they were just wierd.

Also, Assistant's voice was hnnnng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Record of Lodoss War. Such a nostalgia dose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Ro-Kyu-Bu!

If anything has quality animation it's that show.

Plus it's lolis playing basketball. What more could you want?

Also Tari Tari, just for the backgrounds alone.
    You forgot it's Tinkle's work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You forgot it's Tinkle's work.
    Still waiting for season two. <3

Oh and I heard soon there might.. might.. soon.. be an announcement for second season of Denpa Onna.

I shouldn't set my hopes up though.

New YRYR episode was great. All that China Sue. Despite being worst Yuri she made me laugh a lot this episode.