Recently started Rosario + Vampire. Great show, but the music and singing really stand out for me. Just love it. Especially the scene where Mizore and Kurumu are singing. So awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Recently started Rosario + Vampire. Great show, but the music and singing really stand out for me. Just love it. Especially the scene where Mizore and Kurumu are singing. So awesome.
    LOL yeah great scene. NOW READ THE MANGA. It is SOOOOOOO much better. It gets much more in depth in all areas. the combat the world and the characters let alone the relationships. Just trust me it is truly better on every level aside form fan service.

That last Binbougami episode, fucking Rindou is such a bro. ;_;

So I waged war against the Moe for many months(as you can see in my post history I've been gone a while).

Ultimately my friends goaded me into watching "Puella Magi Madoka Magica".

I looked at the cover art and said "what are they thinking, this show looks like it was made for little girls! How are people emotionally affected by stuff like this?!"

12 episodes later....I'm on the border of crying after having my mind ravaged.

If that wasn't enough, they told me to watch Clannad afterwards, and I was like "oh, school life can't be that bad". It wasn't that bad, then they told me to watch After Story.....

After having my mind ravaged by After Story, I've finally broken down and become a full blown weaboo, and now can't stop watching Anime.

Congratulations you Kawaii bastards, you beat me >.<, you've changed an Anime-hater into a MASSIVE weaboo >.<...nyan..nyan..
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh.. Clannad strikes again! Welcome to the club. Although, isn't "weaboo" used in a negative way? :c

To something completely different.. I'm currently visiting my dad in the US and so I went back to a store full of anime/manga stuff like posters/bags/clothes/keychains/etc. that I noticed last time I visited him. I looked around for something connected to steins;gate (it HAS aired in the US now, hasn't it?) but no luck at all. You can't have such a store and not include something from steins;gate To be fair, they mostly had shounen and hello kitty-related stuff, but still.. They did have a poster of some characters from Madoka in bikinis, though. And a loli-ish pillow. There's no real meaning to this text, I just wanted to rant a bit.. I was so excited about getting an Okabe-poster or some nice mangas.. :c
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Hmm...from what I know...

People used to call those who liked lots of Japanese stuff "Wapanese", which was basically White+Japanese.
    THIS is what people found offensive, and changed it to weaboo.

Otaku
    Over here it just meant someone obessed with Anime, as far as I know.
    In Japan it's an insult, basically calling someone a no-life bum who has an extreme obsession with something. The obsession doesn't have to be anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    So I waged war against the Moe for many months(as you can see in my post history I've been gone a while).

I looked at the cover art and said "what are they thinking, this show looks like it was made for little girls! How are people emotionally affected by stuff like this?!"

If that wasn't enough, they told me to watch Clannad afterwards, and I was like "oh, school life can't be that bad". It wasn't that bad, then they told me to watch After Story.....

After having my mind ravaged by After Story, I've finally broken down and become a full blown weaboo, and now can't stop watching Anime.

Congratulations you Kawaii bastards, you beat me >.<, you've changed an Anime-hater into a MASSIVE weaboo >.<...nyan..nyan..
    Welcome to the club! To be honest, you have hardly broached the magical land known as anime, and the two you listed are surely some of the more famous ones. Those are great ones to start out with though and really pull you in.

Some others I could recommend right off the bat for you to check out:
    Code Geass (As many people like saying, this one is in a league of it's own)
    Steins;Gate
    Kanon
    Toradora!
    Haruhi
    Death Note

Sure those are all really famous and have been liscenced out in English, but they are great starters. The best way to get recommendations is to just lurk around on what other people are watching or have watched and what they thought of it, or you could keep up with and discuss the new seasons currently airing in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Ahh.. Clannad strikes again! Welcome to the club. Although, isn't "weaboo" used in a negative way? :c

To something completely different.. I'm currently visiting my dad in the US and so I went back to a store full of anime/manga stuff like posters/bags/clothes/keychains/etc. that I noticed last time I visited him. I looked around for something connected to steins;gate (it HAS aired in the US now, hasn't it?) but no luck at all. You can't have such a store and not include something from steins;gate To be fair, they mostly had shounen and hello kitty-related stuff, but still.. They did have a poster of some characters from Madoka in bikinis, though. And a loli-ish pillow. There's no real meaning to this text, I just wanted to rant a bit.. I was so excited about getting an Okabe-poster or some nice mangas.. :c
    Steins;Gate isn't out quite yet (Amazon has Part 1's BR for Sept 25th).

In related news there is a mega store in the Tokyo District in LA I went to a month ago, and a good 75% of the store is directly from Japan. If you can speak and read Japanese it's a haven, but even then they still have rows and rows of English manga or subbed/dubbed anime. They even had a table with a TV and on the TV was playing all the OPs and EDs of the newest season, with the table before it filled with related material (such as the SAO light novels). They even had rows of art books on all sorts of shows going for $75-100 each. It made me cry realizing how much there was in there I wanted so badly but wasn't able to get.

People used to call those who liked lots of Japanese stuff "Wapanese", which was basically White+Japanese.

Otaku
    In Japan it's an insult, basically calling someone a no-life bum who has an extreme obsession with something. The obsession doesn't have to be anime.
    Weaboo, at least in internet slang, has quite a bit different definition from otaku. Otaku just means you like anime/manga to the point of near obsession over it. Weaboo can mean you have a complete obsession over absolutely everything from Japan, even if it is completely worthless you would spend hundreds of dollars just to own it. As an otaku you still love things that come from Japan, but you don't obsess over things that are obviously horrid quality just because the Japanese made it.

(Though that's what some people believe, personally I have nothing wrong with the term or having someone call me it. I guess different definitions over the internet)

Otaku in Japanese is something you wouldn't want to be called. I think the definition over there is even worse, almost a perverted stalker-like shut in you wouldn't want to be around for fear of your life.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-08-24 at 09:42 PM.

Ah well, you see, that little story was the beginning of my Anime craze. I did continue on after that.

Toradora(I loved this)
    Durarara( Durararararararararararararararararararara)
    Love Hina(uuuuugh, I hated this, so much)
    Lovely Complex(I liked this)
    Rumbling Hearts(my heart, my damn heart, ripped apart)
    Bokurano Manga(Okay now I'm really depressed)
    Elfen Lied Manga(Nevermind, NOW I'M DEPRESSED!)
    Ano Hana(WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MY EMOTIONS!)
    Sword Art online(REALLY DEPRESSED NOW ep 3)

Then I really wanted to finish SAO so I started reading the light novel, I'm on volume 3 now at the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account

Try Bokurano. Gaint robots that kill their pilots...Oh and a bunch of other messed up shit i is on the saem list as clannad for most depressing anime made.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:07 PM ----------

Otaku
    Yeah pretty much except weaboo is considered offensive by most.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:11 PM ----------

Ah well, you see, that little story was the beginning of my Anime craze. I did continue on after that.

Toradora(I loved this)

Then I really wanted to finish SAO so I started reading the light novel, I'm on volume 3 now at the beginning.
    LOL so you HAVE seen Bokurano NICE.

As for Love Hina yeah manga is SOOOOOO much better same for negima.

And did you also see the elfen lied OVA or how about reading the manga(spoiler lucy/miu was conceived by rape in a laboratory)

another is Fafner and Rahxepon both do what Eva did only better IMO.

As for other advice just ask Syn and myself are among the most avid anime viewers out there. Though i am slowing down some...Since i lost not one but TWO 2.5 TERABYTE drives both FULL of anime. And i'm also rewatching some shows(like right now i;m watching kenichi again while playing GW1 in prep for 2 tonight) and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw the latest episode of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate. The episode was surprisingly well done, and so far the series has been great. The very very last scene made me hnng like crazy.

It seems like all the shows this season have been great. Not stellar of course, but none of them bad.

It appears Amazon Prime has added a few anime on their free to watch list, not sure when this happened but seems to be fairly recently. No way to tell if they are subbed or dubbed though until trying to watch one. Example - Rahxephon is dubbed, He is My Master - subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I looked around for something connected to steins;gate(it HAS aired in the US now, hasn't it?)
    noooope.

and weeaboo is more for people who are like "OMG JAPAN IS BEST COUNTRY EVER. EVERYTHING THEY HAVE AND DO IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE. I WANT TO BECOME JAPANESE" sums it up good: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...2384489116.jpg
    Last edited by bals; 2012-08-24 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I WANT TO BECOME JAPANESE"
    Best way to put it.

People who if they could would choose to change absolutely everything about them so they are 100% Japanese. Most of the time they have no idea how life in Japan really is though.

Deleted

Toradora(I loved this)

So, continuing down what you seem to call the path of depression, i'd recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When the cicadas cry). Come back after that and tell me you either now hate me, or youre worried someones going to kill you, or both :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The third Berserk film has been delayed until January 2013. Also, the official movie poster has been revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    The third Berserk film has been delayed until January 2013. Also, the official movie poster has been revealed.
    I just hope the cgi gets way better after the first film...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    As for Love Hina yeah manga is SOOOOOO much better same for negima.

And did you also see the elfen lied OVA or how about reading the manga(spoiler lucy/miu was conceived by rape in a laboratory)

another is Fafner and Rahxepon both do what Eva did only better IMO.

As for other advice just ask Syn and myself are among the most avid anime viewers out there. Though i am slowing down some...Since i lost not one but TWO 2.5 TERABYTE drives both FULL of anime. And i'm also rewatching some shows(like right now i;m watching kenichi again while playing GW1 in prep for 2 tonight) and so on.
    For both Bokurano and Elfen Lied, I read the Manga. The EL Anime doesn't really cover half the story that the manga does.

As for Bokurano..

Regarding differences between the stories in the manga and in the anime, Hiroyuki Morita, who directed the anime, wrote in his blog that he dislikes the original story and has, in some ways, been making changes to the plot for that reason. He also wrote that, at one point early in the development of the show, he asked manga author Mohiro Kitoh if he could find some way to save the main characters — the kids who must pilot Zearth. He wrote that Kitoh responded that his choice was fine as long as the changes did not involve "magical solutions" to the story. Morita closed out the blog entry with the statement "The director of the animated version of Bokurano dislikes the original manga. From here on out, you can't expect the animated version to expand on what you might find appealing in the original. So, fans of the original, please do not watch the animated version from now on"

So, continuing down what you seem to call the path of depression, i'd recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When the cicadas cry). Come back after that and tell me you either now hate me, or youre worried someones going to kill you, or both :P
    Uguuuuuuuuuuu >.< I want to be happy now so I'm watching Accel world.

People who if they could would choose to change absolutely everything about them so they are 100% Japanese. Most of the time they have no idea how life in Japan really is though.
    Ooh definitely. Although I like the stuff that comes out of Japan, I can't say that the Japanese social dynamic is something I ever want to be a part of.

How sad is it when a person goes to Japan thinking it'll be a happy life, then realizes that he/she is seen as nothing more than a social disturbance because of his/her race. I'm not saying all of Japan is like that, but odds are if you are a foreigner, life isn't going to be all peppy there. An acquaintance of mine has been living there for years, many, many years. She says that people are still surprised that she can speak Japanese whenever she meets someone, and hates the fact that no matter how many years she lives there, she'll be seen as a tourist.

In any case though I don't want to digress this to talking about Japan too much, just had to get that out there.

EDIT: Welp, I'll give some props to Accel world for not sticking me with the typical male lead of "antisocial timid doormat" or "overconfident marty stu", this is the first Anime I've seen where a pudgey pudgeball is the male lead.
    Last edited by Diabeetus; 2012-08-25 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Welp, I'll give some props to Accel world for not sticking me with the typical male lead of "antisocial timid doormat" or "overconfident marty stu", this is the first Anime I've seen where a pudgey pudgeball is the male lead.
    I have yet to see that one, but it is by the same writer as Sword Art Online.

Heh, I couldn't wait for the SAO episodes any longer and just went right into the Light Novel, finishing Volume 1, currently on Vol 3.

I never thought I'd enjoy an anime or LN that centered around an MMO, but SAO was a good read.

Watching anime is going to be hard now that GW2 is finally up. ;_;

Ah, I didn't pick up GW2, I'll still be watching Accel World and reading SAO till my brain fries from the uguu.

It's not that I hate guild wars, but these days I need to thoroughly see what a game is going to be like before getting it, Diablo 3 taught me that lesson well.
    Last edited by Diabeetus; 2012-08-25 at 06:30 PM.