Well, Chocolate is done.

Was kind of hoping Vice President or Poorfag would of won the Ojima Roll. Oh well.

Best girl:

Tatami Galaxy is hard to follow. They speak so fast and the subs move at like 2 lines a second. Couldn't find a download that wasn't FLAC either and so now the video colors mess up.

This was a bad idea. Gonna watch Welcome to the NHK or something instead.

Color messing up might be a problem with your player. I use media player classic and the K-lite codec pack and never seem to have any issues. I know once I started downloading 10-bit anime vlc couldn't play it, at least not by itself, and all I would get was sound and a green screen.

Using MPC too but haven't downloaded the codec pack. Just watched Binbougami and everything was fine. The only difference between this file and all the other 10bit BDs he has is that this one is FLAC instead of mkv, and since Skelington really doesn't know about this stuff that sounds like the best scapegoat. And he's not really sure how to describe it, but it's whatever this is

Only said color because two of the times it turned red.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-09-29 at 06:01 AM.

Yeah, I don't know much about it either. There's some player, cccp or something along those lines, that I constantly see get recommended for watching anime with. Never bothered though since I've yet to have any issues with my current one.

Finished my latest batch of downloads so I started adding torrents of the rest on my list. About 500 gigs lol. That's going to take me months to finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Yeah, I don't know much about it either. There's some player, cccp or something along those lines, that I constantly see get recommended for watching anime with. Never bothered though since I've yet to have any issues with my current one.

Finished my latest batch of downloads so I started adding torrents of the rest on my list. About 500 gigs lol. That's going to take me months to finish.
    CCCP is a codec pack that has MPC with it. A bunch of audio/subtitle decoders and the like to make the smoothest possible watching experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    My view on it is I don't care if people stream. If that's what they like, then whatever. For me streaming is more of a hassle. My internet is slow, which results in buffering and just overall delayed viewing. Whereas with downloading, I never have to wait once I get that first series. I can download while I sleep, during the day when I don't need the extra bandwidth, or even while I'm watching that first series I downloaded.

Then there's the biggest deal for me, which is the quality. I'm not going to find a 1080p stream. And if I somehow did find one, I wouldn't be able to watch it. At least not for a significant amount of time because my horrendous internet has to buffer the episode. Once the series is downloaded I can skip/load episodes instantly, skip forward or back within a episode, and so on. That's not happening with my internet on a stream.

Plus, I also like the fact that it's on my computer. I can go back to it and load up a episode any time I want.
    I have a pretty slow internet connection as well and find streaming to be much easier then downloading because of it. What I always do is start an episode playing and pause it and do something else for a few min to let it pre-load. Then I start the next episode and pause it to load while I am watching the first and just repeat that.

My biggest problem with downloading is my upload is so slow that I always kill my ratio on torrent sites by just downloading 1-2 series. Quality wise, I don't see the big difference. Maybe because I found a really good streaming site but I watch anime streamed on my 27" LCD TV and have no issues with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I'm not against streaming if it's the better option for someone. If someone has the means to easily DL though and they aren't then they are generally lazy, don't know how to, or for some other reason don't want to. I don't know why you wouldn't pass up high quality non laggy video's where you choose the subber instead of spending however long searching for some video on the internet that you hope is passable quality with passable subs that won't freeze on you that you don't have to sign up and go through 100 offers for or pay for.
    I rarely have issues with the site I use. Maybe I just got lucky and found a great one.

I really don't care if someone else prefers downloading to streaming. I probably would as well if I had a better net connection and more HD space. I just don't understand when people talk down to others simply because they prefer streaming sites. We are all fans of anime right? Who cares how someone else watches it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My view on it is I don't care if people stream. If that's what they like, then whatever. For me streaming is more of a hassle. My internet is slow, which results in buffering and just overall delayed viewing. Whereas with downloading, I never have to wait once I get that first series. I can download while I sleep, during the day when I don't need the extra bandwidth, or even while I'm watching that first series I downloaded.

Then there's the biggest deal for me, which is the quality. I'm not going to find a 1080p stream. And if I somehow did find one, I wouldn't be able to watch it. At least not for a significant amount of time because my horrendous internet has to buffer the episode. Once the series is downloaded I can skip/load episodes instantly, skip forward or back within a episode, and so on. That's not happening with my internet on a stream.

Plus, I also like the fact that it's on my computer. I can go back to it and load up a episode any time I want.

These are my reasons as well. Though after the two drives crashed i may go streaming plus faster internet when i move.

I'm curious as to what streaming sites you both use. I used quite a few back before I started downloading and not a single one came even close in quality to what I download now. The best I've seen is Crunchyroll and it requires a subscription for access to hd. And even then I still think it's only 720p. I don't see how you wouldn't see a quality difference though. Unless you're downloading lower quality shows too? It can depend on who you've downloaded from as well. Certain groups/people do a lot better of a job with the content they put out in comparison to others. One group's 720p/1080p version could be much different from another.

And like you guys said. You have to leave it to let it buffer. I don't want to have to do that lol. Then you have to constantly make sure once the episode you're watching is sufficiently buffered that you load up the next episode to buffer. And then do it again with the next episode. I did that for a while too. It was a hassle to say the least lol.

And about the talking down about streaming. It may be because I only frequent this thread and /r/anime, but I don't really see people really caring much if you stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo anyone ready to want to raid my place extra hard tomorrow? I have 480 dollars to blow at an anime convention today. So yeah get ready to feel even more jealous than usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    That's pretty harsh.
    Eh, Dall's a big girl, she can take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Soooo anyone ready to want to raid my place extra hard tomorrow? I have 480 dollars to blow at an anime convention today. So yeah get ready to feel even more jealous than usual.
    Can I have your money?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Accel World OVAs are out now, aw yiss.
    Mmmm...Sena! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    The quality is lower sure I'll give you that but that doesn't really bother me
    pls apply this logic to LoL.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-09-29 at 09:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they have a variety of subbers available
    I'm not entirely sure about this but I think they just upload from downloads of the average fansubber (gg/EveTaku/UTW/Hadena(ohgod)/Mazui/etc) or HorribleSubs. Seems a bit strange that a streaming website would have it's own subbers when they could get to a wider audience using both DL and letting the websites themselves upload.

Deleted

:C

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    [img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77947262/NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg[img]

:C
    Try MPC if not CCCP (which includes MPC and makes it run smoother). VLC is a pretty bad video player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Try MPC if not CCCP (which includes MPC and makes it run smoother). VLC is a pretty bad video player.
    I already have CCCP installed. VLC has been incredibly shitty lately , it occasionalyl freezes , distorts the sounds when I click on pause , etc. It may be because I switched to W7 64bit some weeks ago. Can you recommand me any other video player ?

Gom has ran everything I've thrown at it on Win7 64bit.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to what streaming sites you both use. I used quite a few back before I started downloading and not a single one came even close in quality to what I download now. The best I've seen is Crunchyroll and it requires a subscription for access to hd. And even then I still think it's only 720p. I don't see how you wouldn't see a quality difference though. Unless you're downloading lower quality shows too? It can depend on who you've downloaded from as well. Certain groups/people do a lot better of a job with the content they put out in comparison to others. One group's 720p/1080p version could be much different from another.

And like you guys said. You have to leave it to let it buffer. I don't want to have to do that lol. Then you have to constantly make sure once the episode you're watching is sufficiently buffered that you load up the next episode to buffer. And then do it again with the next episode. I did that for a while too. It was a hassle to say the least lol.

And about the talking down about streaming. It may be because I only frequent this thread and /r/anime, but I don't really see people really caring much if you stream.
    The quality of streaming sites is rarely going to be 720p or above. If you are downloading HD rips, those will be higher quality, but as long as the picture is clear and the subs are not fuzzy, I really do not notice the quality very much. The site I use has it's own video player so for the most part they don't just post video mirrors like other streaming sites. I think that is why the quality is usually higher. Their videos are usually better quality then the ones on Hulu.

I really wasn't trying to say streaming is better then downloading or anything. I was merely curious why some people actually get hostile toward people who stream vs. downloading.

Deleted
    I already have CCCP installed. VLC has been incredibly shitty lately , it occasionalyl freezes , distorts the sounds when I click on pause , etc. It may be because I switched to W7 64bit some weeks ago. Can you recommand me any other video player ?
    MPC, like he said. But get a 32-bit version. I think madVR only runs on that one or something.

I think the stuff I watch is in like 240 or 360p lol, can't post links because it's against the rules but I can pm if you want :3

also preloading is only if there's a lot of traffic on that video which is normally only ever the first few hours after it's uploaded so I've never had that problem watching series, just the most recent eps. Legend of Korra is a good example, after that got uploaded it was buffer for ages or wait till the next day to watch.
    Ah, yeah. I wouldn't want to watch that then lol. 360p can be ok if the person knows what they're doing (Several times I've seen videos on youtube where I would of thought the 360p was 720p or something, and looked better then a lot of videos that had 1080p options), but 240p is just bad lol. And that's ok, I was just curious to see the video quality of the site, but since you told me it's fine.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The quality of streaming sites is rarely going to be 720p or above. If you are downloading HD rips, those will be higher quality, but as long as the picture is clear and the subs are not fuzzy, I really do not notice the quality very much. The site I use has it's own video player so for the most part they don't just post video mirrors like other streaming sites. I think that is why the quality is usually higher. Their videos are usually better quality then the ones on Hulu.

I really wasn't trying to say streaming is better then downloading or anything. I was merely curious why some people actually get hostile toward people who stream vs. downloading.
    I guess I'm just a bit of a nazi on image quality lol. To each his own though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you using VLC if you have CCCP?

I don't know any other good video players really, especially ones that can play MKV files.

I'm also a lot worse with watching dubs then with people streaming. Sure people can watch dubs, but you aren't going to see me in the same room. Every time I see people watching dubs and hear the dubs I cringe horribly.