10+ Year Old Account
    I did watch the entire show, but, yay! I'm not alone!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I don't like it either, but that's mainly because of the drawing style so I can't even get started with the series past episode 1.
    You suck. .
    I love Aoki Ume's artstyle <3.
    Does Hidamari Sketch too

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike it because of the plot, not the animation!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You suck. .
    I love Aoki Ume's artstyle <3.
    Does Hidamari Sketch too
    Oh god.. Hidamari Sketch is even worse.. don't even get me started

I'll probably give Madoka a chance sometime soon, but no way in hell for Hidamari Sketch.. ;_;

Deleted

I'll probably give Madoka a chance sometime soon, but no way in hell for Hidamari Sketch.. ;_;
    but... but... wide faces are cute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Sorry, I assumed that was the case since it was in my own experience.

Nothing can please everyone, I suppose.
    To be fair, I thought most of the show was decent, it was the end that ruined it for me. I've heard lots of people praise the ending, but it's worst ending I have ever seen. That doesn't mean that I don't understand how other people could have enjoyed it, I just wanted to see if I was alone or not.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account

You suck.
    Your opinion is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But there is no point in exploring any of that because we saw the main conflict and its conclusion.
    One main conflict, and just because there is an end conclusion to something doesn't mean a prequel can be made with it's own conclusion. We never found out things like how Madoka and the others first became magic girls, more of QB, more of the world and witches, backstory, and other things I'm forgetting. The first show was just a rollercoaster showcasing one single conflict with an abrupt conclusion.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Eh, that sounds more like "milking" after the third movie, which is already going to be a sequel to the massive differences in the first two movies. Unless they show Oriko or the ones with Jyuubey, more of Homura's time traveling seems unnecessary since we've already seen the outcome.
    I'm not talking about time-travelling, I'm just saying the show we got is already an alternate demension to the "true" one. The true one is where Homura first became a Magical Girl, and the others where Magical Girls well before her. Of course it would end at or before where Homura would start going back in time, and most likely start with either more on QB or when the first Magical Girl of the lot came to be.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    To be fair, I thought most of the show was decent, it was the end that ruined it for me. I've heard lots of people praise the ending, but it's worst ending I have ever seen. That doesn't mean that I don't understand how other people could have enjoyed it, I just wanted to see if I was alone or not.
    That's why I think a fuller series of some other story in the universe of Madoka (two-cour and movie add-ons) would add for a much better experience into the world. I wasn't a fan of the ending either, the last episode made me kind of rage, doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see more though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the comments on the Madoka article on ANN I'm surprised how many people are singling out the fact that it would be two-cours, preferring a 12 episode one.

I just don't get that. 12 episodes is never (ever) enough for a show in my opinion. I have yet to see a one cour show that wasn't rushed in many points. (Hell, even most 24 episode series can feel extremely rushed to me). Depending on the story I'd even prefer if many series went 50 episodes (like Code Geass or Clannad, which both felt perfectly paced to me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Reading the comments on the Madoka article on ANN I'm surprised how many people are singling out the fact that it would be two-cours, preferring a 12 episode one.

I just don't get that. 12 episodes is never (ever) enough for a show in my opinion. I have yet to see a one cour show that wasn't rushed in many points. (Hell, even most 24 episode series can feel extremely rushed to me). Depending on the story I'd even prefer if many series went 50 episodes (like Code Geass or Clannad, which both felt perfectly paced to me).
    I'd go with that it mainly depends on what the storyline is.
    Too many episodes it gets dragged on a lot of times. So sometimes I just prefer less amount of episodes than too many.

Personally I was fine with how Inu x Boku SS was with the amount of episodes, though that is debatable from person to person I suppose. Then again there is season 2.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-10-16 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'd go with that it mainly depends on what the storyline is.
    Too many episodes it gets dragged on a lot of times. So sometimes I just prefer less amount of episodes than too many.

Personally I was fine with how Inu x Boku SS was with the amount of episodes, though that is debatable from person to person I suppose. Then again there is season 2.
    Slice of Life or shows like InuBoku is fine with 12 episodes, but because of how they are built would be just as fine with 24. Ones with actual stories to them (like for example from last season Oda Nobuna, KoiChoco, Kokoro) never seem to be be paced well with just 12 episodes, especially if it was made not knowing if a second season was confirmed and they wanted to fit in as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    gg is making me happy today. Both Jojo and Magi together.

Now for Joshiraku. ;_;

With all the new shows that came out this season, I'm sure I missed a few good ones. Here's what I'm currently watching from this season, any good ones I'm missing out on?

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
    Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    code breaker
    little busters
    Shinsekai yori
    Girls und Panzer
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
    Robotics; notes
    K

I'm surprisingly enjoying Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Anime couple of 2012 imo. Haru cracks me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    With all the new shows that came out this season, I'm sure I missed a few good ones. Here's what I'm currently watching from this season, any good ones I'm missing out on?

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
    Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    code breaker
    little busters
    Shinsekai yori
    Girls und Panzer
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
    Robotics; notes
    K
    Definitely check out Magi, adventures of Aladdin and Alibaba.

Ixion Saga DT is kind of a mix between SAO and Familiar of Zero with some awesome humour.

Kamisama Kiss is a great shoujo comedy. They really twist around the Master/Pet combo and the servant is pretty hilarious in his antics.

Btooom! is another SAO mixed with Mirai Nikki, except this time it's like a FPS and stuck on an island (or should I say First Person Grenader). So far it can get pretty deep (already dealt with stuff like rape, NEET life, backstabbing, etc).

Psycho-Pass has to be the most intense one of the lot. They obliterate the term moe (as they said in a statement earlier, the word was banned in production) and they are going for almost a "Death Note" deepness. It's starting out as a Police crime show almost, in a steampunk-cyber future.

Busou Shinki is pretty much a slice of life comedy mini-robot show. Kinda Chobits-like in style, but make them small and that they are built for fighting.

Zetsuen no Tempest takes magic with reality and combines the two. Princess put on an island and trying to escape, boy bent on getting revenge for dead sister, and a magical disease spreading across and destroying the entire world. Great classical soundtrack too.

Sukitte Ii na yo is most like Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, except the girl is very scared to make friends because they always have abandoned her, and the most popular guy in the school becomes romantically interested in her.

Jojo I just can't explain. It's super old style (1990s) with some great comedy and amazing exaggeration in every single scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did no one ever tell me how awesome Sket Dance was? >.<

Switch is so awesome. I should of known though considering he is voiced by Sugita and all. Kyon, Gintoki, Hidenori and now Switch. The man is amazing, and I am probably forgetting some as well.

Deleted
    Think the only show im not watching that hemo + zath mentioned together is Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Might have to pick it up though seeing as many here say good things about it.

Been waiting for Seitokai no Ichizon Lv2 for a while now, but still no subs. Wasnt it supposed to air last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    <snip>
    Thanks! Gonna go check these out right now.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 06:27 PM ----------

Sukitte Ii na yo, Kamisama Hajimemashita, and Busou Shinki caught my eye the most from that list, but I'll download them all and give them a chance

Deleted
    About half way through Kaiji. Kicking myself that I never read/saw it earlier.

God these lyrics. Confirmed aoty.