Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I know what you mean, I have a friend who is an insane One Piece fan and he won't watch Madoka because it's magical girls
    I didn't want to watch Madoka because "it's magical girls" but then a friend streamed it for me and I ended up really liking it. So much so that I drove two and a half hours to go see the movies by myself. This is why it is bad to hold a bias. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I didn't want to watch Madoka because "it's magical girls" but then a friend streamed it for me and I ended up really liking it. So much so that I drove two and a half hours to go see the movies by myself. This is why it is bad to hold a bias. :s
    http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Gen_Urobuchi Some fun info about Urobuchi Gen (the guy who wrote Madoka) and his involvement in a normally very bright genre. I rather liked how they were trying to keep his involvement a secret, and then him trying to trick people when the staff list was leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Not sure what I want to watch next. Bakemonogatari, Nazo no Kanojo X, or Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. Not sure I'm really in the mood for any of those though. And then there's a bunch more I kind of want to watch, too. Bah.
    Marathon Bakemonogatari! Nekomonogatari Black is coming out tonight! =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched it recently myself. Jesus it's good. It's the nier of anime. Was not expecting that at all. I've had http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MaQ6m6mho8 on repeat for the past 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Just watched it recently myself. Jesus it's good. It's the nier of anime. Was not expecting that at all. I've had http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MaQ6m6mho8 on repeat for the past 2 days.
    My favorite is Decretum. It was in my sig for awhile before I changed it to Natsu no Ringo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot about this song.

Now I'm going to have it on repeat like crazy too. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I forgot about this song.

Now I'm going to have it on repeat like crazy too. ;_;
    Its nice

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

great i did want to sleep but now that this song is in my head i wont be able to..

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I will never understand the blind overratedness of SAO.

Ive come to terms with people liking Naruto/Bleach/etc. Mainly because they havent watched enough of anything else to realise its garbage in comparison, but SAO still haunts me.

edit: wow, Bodacious Space Pirates Who Do Nothing is so high up.
    I don't understand the extreme SAO love either, the funniest thing is Kotaku's article calling it "the smartest anime in a long time", is it because it's an mmo anime? It's not even especially good, it's just meh at best.

Hey they did something! Wasn't it like, fraud or something? I don't remember.

Goodness, Iori is such a fucking cunt in these last four Kokoro Connects. She was Skelington's least favorite character beforehand, but now she makes him hate her and she should kill herself again.
    Inaba is moe as all heck. As if the best girl needed anything to make her even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    No time sadly to ever do that =\

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    No time sadly to ever do that =\
    No excuses you had two chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    No excuses you had two chances.
    School goes lawlno.

Is there a show before Bakemonogatari? I feel like I'm missing part of the beginning of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Is there a show before Bakemonogatari? I feel like I'm missing part of the beginning of the story.
    Kizu - Neko - Bake - Nise

Kizu isn't out yet and commie just released the first episode of Neko a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Kizu - Neko - Bake - Nise

Kizu isn't out yet and commie just released the first episode of Neko a few minutes ago.
    That's the chronological order. I think the best watching order would probably be Bake - Nise - Neko, which is the order they aired in, as I'm assuming Neko will require some prior knowledge of the characters. I haven't actually watched the first part yet, though, so we'll see. The original novels came out in the order I listed, with Kizu between Bake and Nise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    That's the chronological order. I think the best watching order would probably be Bake - Nise - Neko, which is the order they aired in, as I'm assuming Neko will require some prior knowledge of the characters. I haven't actually watched the first part yet, though, so we'll see. The original novels came out in the order I listed, with Kizu between Bake and Nise.
    As far as the first episode goes, it does a quick minute long recap of all the arcs in Bake and what happens to Araragi in Kizu. Other than that there's nothing you need to know that they don't tell you, and it sounds like he's already watched Bake.

I hate you. It was about 20 minutes or maybe less from me (in Philly), I wasn't able to go because, well, I don't drive, and I have no friends who like anime really. The friend thing wouldn't be much of a problem if I could drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    As far as the first episode goes, it does a quick minute long recap of all the arcs in Bake and what happens to Araragi in Kizu. Other than that there's nothing you need to know that they don't tell you, and it sounds like he's already watched Bake.
    I assumed he had just started Bakemonogatari, but good to hear that there's a recap. I still think the original airing order is the best bet, though. Or at least watching the original Bakemonogatari first, and then whatever after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I hate you. It was about 20 minutes or maybe less from me (in Philly), I wasn't able to go because, well, I don't drive, and I have no friends who like anime really. The friend thing wouldn't be much of a problem if I could drive.
    I know your pain. An hour away in Atlanta, on the same day that I go to the hobbit with a large group of people. We're in for a very long wait, too. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    If you were a true fan you would have found a way. Public transportation, hitch-hiking, begging your parent or guardian, begging a friend, riding a bike, etc.. You are inferior meguca.

Going alone wasn't so bad though I remained quiet and said nothing to anyone while I silently observed all the crazies. Was very fun. The theater was also a restaurant and had a full menu with waiters. Was kind of odd but cool.

If you were a true fan you would have found a way. Public transportation, hitch-hiking, begging your parent or guardian, begging a friend, riding a bike, etc.. You are inferior meguca.

Going alone wasn't so bad though I remained quiet and said nothing to anyone while I silently observed all the crazies. Was very fun. The theater was also a restaurant and had a full menu with waiters. Was kind of odd but cool.
    Biking or walking alone in/to Philly, I wouldn't do it for anything.