10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    don't hate on me :/ I clicked on yuri as fav genre :/

@val No normally not
    I clicked Shoujo-Ai I think.
    I thought for sure I clicked yuri.

Edit: I think the list is a bit shifted off by one.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-26 at 10:15 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    there are some stellar sports animes though. Slam dunk, Hajime no Ippo.
    Isn't prince of tennis pretty popular? never watched that one.
    Bamboo Blade is good as well.
    Usually the only sports anime that are really good are the ones that don't really have the sport as the main focus. Like One Outs that's pretty much Akagi just with baseball, or Cross Game where the main focus is the character interactions and development and the sport seems like it's just thrown in as an afterthought.

Have you watched the Slam Dunk anime, if so, how is it? I've heard people say that it isn't all that good compared to the manga, so I'm wondering whether I should watch it or read it when the time comes.
    Last edited by Erihs; 2013-01-26 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose CCS as my first because thats what first subbed anime I ended up watching that got me more into anime.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    nope my favourite anime should have been Full Metal Panic and no i didnt like s; G and railgun that much ^^
    also who else put in CCS for first seen? ;P only put it in cause i pretty much watched it at the same time stuff like pokemon digimon one piece dragon ball and monster rancher aired in free tv and it said not to pick the main stream ones ;D

also i am quite suprised nobody voted sport anime as there are quite alot good ones ^^ (personally i like them but its not my number 1 genre ;X)

also we have alot more streamer then i expectet 11/30 ;O
    and who are the 9 people watching more then 19h of anime a week u guys must have an insane backlog ^^
    I got you mixed up with Zath lol. Meant to say him.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    Usually the only sports anime that are really good are the ones that don't really have the sport as the main focus. Like One Outs that's pretty much Akagi just with baseball, or Cross Game where the main focus is the character interactions and development and the sport seems like it's just thrown in as an afterthought.

Have you watched the Slam Dunk anime, if so, how is it? I've heard people say that it isn't all that good compared to the manga, so I'm wondering whether I should watch it or read it when the time comes.
    if u say it like that there is no sports sport anime ;P major s1-6 are more drama then sport eyeshield 21 has tons of commedy and character interactions etc. still they good sport animes ^^

also this oreshura ep was alot better then the last 3 hope they quality of this one keeps up

ah ok hemo confused me ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    if u say it like that there is no sports sport anime ;P major s1-6 are more drama then sport eyeshield 21 has tons of commedy and character interactions etc. still they good sport animes ^^

also this oreshura ep was alot better then the last 3 hope they quality of this one keeps up

I suppose you're sorta right.
    I guess what I was trying to say is that sports anime that only try to hook you with the sport in question (or the homolust), tend to be pretty bland and uninteresting. Especially if they try to make the sport more interesting by making the players have "super powers". There's a line between too much realism and too much battle shounen that sports anime tend to miss completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    I thought it was pretty good. I haven't read the manga at all, that's probably better since the anime just kind of randomly ends which I hate

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I suppose you're sorta right.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they either need to make the characters have a fullworthy life outside of whatever sport they're playing, or just somehow make sport actually interesting.
    Watching most sports anime I crave more content where the characters go about their daily lives, not doing training camps or being in the middle of 10-episode long games, because the actual sport parts are usually the most boring parts of those shows. I can actually just think of two sport anime where I found the sport to be portrayed to be interesting, and that's Hajime no Ippo and One Outs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here I saw CCS first a looooong time ago.

Deleted
    Any thougts on Ef- a tale of memories/melodies? I was thinking about picking it up somday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Ok, here we go. The Poll results.
    Most people are in my age range, woo.
    Aaaaaaaaand, I clicked Shoujo-ai as least favorite because I have no idea what it's about.
    Just like I had no idea what "Ecchi" was until a week ago when I first tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I am incredibly disappointed with the "Least Favourite Genre" results... :'(
    I knew you'd say that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I am incredibly disappointed with the "Least Favourite Genre" results... :'(
    Same, yaoi shouldn't be so hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Everyone on anime forums is a homophobe. You should have seen MAL explode on SSY 8.
    Seriously, and that explosion was awful. I also voted for yuri as a favorite.

Was there a loli one or did I forget about it/miss it?

Val, are you the one who put like 4 different anime under "what's your favorite anime?" lol? It's the only one with Railgun and S; G, and I remember you saying you liked both of those quite a bit.
    I got you mixed up with Zath lol. Meant to say him.
    Yeah.. that was me. I'm sorry, I just can't choose a favorite. Someone asked me it a few weeks ago and I agonized it for over an hour before narrowing it down to 4.

I'm okay with the results to a degree though. The top favorite ones where fine and I was happy all 30 chose subbed over dubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Was there a loli one or did I forget about it/miss it?

Lol, no. Didn't think about that. I don't know if you'd even consider that a genre lol. I suppose it could be.
    Yeah.. that was me. I'm sorry, I just can't choose a favorite. Someone asked me it a few weeks ago and I agonized it for over an hour before narrowing it down to 4.

I'm okay with the results to a degree though. The top favorite ones where fine and I was happy all 30 chose subbed over dubbed.
    Lol I figured it was you. I thought we had a few dub watchers in here. Glad it's all subs as well lol.

Haha those results are pretty hilarious, kind of surprised Madoka didn't make it into favorite anime.

Deleted
    I like how most people voting have seen 250+ anime. I'm like "wat"

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting analysis by Vale who is subbing Commie's version of Vividred. He makes a few nice points and some stuff I missed that others might have also.

http://notredrevie.ws/2013/01/26/viv...-and-the-like/

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I like how most people voting have seen 250+ anime. I'm like "wat"
    It surprised me too, but not too much.

I was 100+ range, but I only counted TV shows. Not movies, OVA's, or the like.

Deleted
    Interesting analysis by Vale who is subbing Commie's version of Vividred. He makes a few nice points and some stuff I missed that others might have also.

http://notredrevie.ws/2013/01/26/viv...-and-the-like/

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:36 AM ----------

It surprised me too, but not too much.

I was 100+ range, but I only counted TV shows. Not movies, OVA's, or the like.
    "I don’t know why every girl in this anime wears hotpants, but I definitely appreciate it."
    THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THE ENTIRE TIME FKDSAFNSF, I like this guy.
    "One of the guys murmurs “Oh me God” here"
    Heard it too, yay.

Oh and I was in the 51 range :/

P.S. I thought I might aswell ask here, could someone give me a short explanation of what Ecchi/Shoujo-Ai is? I'm kinda in the dark with all those Japanese terms @_@
    P.S.S. Don't hate me for being a fairly new anime watcher.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-01-27 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to recount mine since I didn't know if I was actually 250+ >_>
    [CENTER]

crunchyroll is having a special on 30 random anime DVDs for like 15 bucks (if your a member), just bought mine, i have no idea what to expect, how new or old these animes will be or if i will recognize any of them lol, but hell, 30 disks for practicaly 50 cents each, why the hell not!

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    "I don’t know why every girl in this anime wears hotpants, but I definitely appreciate it."
    THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THE ENTIRE TIME FKDSAFNSF, I like this guy.
    "One of the guys murmurs “Oh me God” here"
    Heard it too, yay.

Oh and I was in the 51 range :/

P.S. I thought I might aswell ask here, could someone give me a short explanation of what Ecchi/Shoujo-Ai is? I'm kinda in the dark with all those Japanese terms @_@
    P.S.S. Don't hate me for being a fairly new anime watcher.
    To some it up in a quick easy way, ecchi is perverted or erotic and shoujo-ai is girl's love. (as is yuri or lesbians)
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594