10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post

Oreshura - Looks like my favourite pairing won, yay go Silver. ...And then they open up the harem possibility again? And here I was thinking the Sasami-san ending was strange. Oh well, I'm just gonna go with "Silver won" and hope there's not a sequel that fucks it all up.
    my only complaint was that he "didn't go through" with pink's which was easiest to break apart...
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    my only complaint was that he "didn't go through" with pink's which was easiest to break apart...
    Because ripping a piece of paper is very hard to do. :sarcasm: I still don't understand why they did that at the end, they went for Masuzu end and then did some odd "We can still mend what we did wrong, no more masuzu ending!!!" like they want to make another season of this >_>.

Because ripping a piece of paper is very hard to do. :sarcasm: I still don't understand why they did that at the end, they went for Masuzu end and then did some odd "We can still mend what we did wrong, no more masuzu ending!!!" like they want to make another season of this >_>.
    There's more material and it's selling quite well. I think it was at 10k BDs sold for the first volume last time I saw it. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another season and I'd be quite happy if we did. I really enjoyed this show.

Last episode was pretty good. Dere silver was certainly interesting to see lol. Bury bury bury. Not sure who I'd pick for best girl after that last episode. They're all pretty awesome. I'm leaning more towards pink or silver though. Super sad to see this show end. One of my favorites of the season. Here's to hoping for a second season. If the next volumes continue to sell well like they are now we'll probably get one.

Pink!

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 02:02 AM ----------

With this season pretty much over, what are all of your top 5 shows from this season? (shows that continued on from last season don't count)

#1 Boku wa Tomodachi
    #2 Maoyuu Maou
    #3 Ore Shura
    #4 Gj-Bu
    #5 Tamako's Market

Honorable mentions go to Mondaiji Tachi and Sasami-san

I loved the beginning of Mondaiji Tachi and it started off really strong, but the second half wasn't as enjoyable for me. Still loved the show though.

This season wasn't nearly as good as last season in terms of number of awesome shows (I think I was watching like 15-18 shows last season lol), but it was still pretty good. Though there were quite a few shows that were the second/third season of shows I hadn't seen the first season of, so I didn't watch them. Next season looks like it's going to be an awesome one. Super excited for it.

Deleted
    #1 Boku wa Tomodachi
    #2 Mondaiji-tachi
    #3 GJ-Bu
    #4 Zettai Karen Children The Ultimate
    #5 Vividred Operation

Honorable mentions to Maoyuu for being an awesome anime, but seeing as it had no real end it kind of ruined it for me. Also the characters not being named was sort of a let down to me as well.
    Also noteworthy would be Senyuu, awesome shorts that are really random but funny as hell. Animation is kind of lazy sometimes, but what can you expect from an anime short?

Season was awesome, but not as great as the last season ofcourse. Top five really made this season for me though, going to be missing GJ-Bu/Mondaiji-tachi and Boku wa Tomodachi :<

Biggest let down for me was Kotoura-san though, the detective arc made no sense and basically ruined the second half. It was also not what I expected. Thought it was going to be like Chuunibyou(confronting your past), but 60% of the anime was just doing random stuff and not actually that which was the initial goal of the anime.
    Didn't expect to really like Tamako Market, but Anko/Kanna/Chie made the show for me. I really disliked Dera and Tamako was just a meh main character to be honest.

Vividred is #5 cause I like Kuroki Rei :3
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-03-31 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Added some wall of text

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, anyone saw the latest Sasami-san subbed?
    That was the most random subbing I've ever seen.
    "We found all the 7 Dragon Balls, now we're going to ask Shenron our wish"
    "Battle of the Gods, SSJ5 Goku vs Purple Cat Girl!"
    I'll wait for other subs to judge the episode lol.
    I dunno about you but...

Sasami-san 12 hasn't been subbed yet. How the hell did you watch it?

I'm pretty 100% positive you were watching troll subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    With this season pretty much over, what are all of your top 5 shows from this season? (shows that continued on from last season don't count)
    1. MMY
    2. Mondaijitachi
    3. Haganai
    4. Unlimited
    5. Tamako Market

There was no way MMY couldn't be top for me. The animation, soundtrack, characters, and story was amazing and I want a second season for that more than any of the others. Mondaijitachi was just awesome to watch with an interesting story and great characters to go along with it, took a bit to get used to the grain on the show though. Haganai is Haganai. Unlimited was the biggest surprise for me. For being such a basic story it really engaged me from the beginning and brought me into the world and the characters stories. Tamako Market was all kinds of adorable and I think I liked it even more than K-On!.

I'm going to add onto this, top 3 TWO-COUR series from this and last season:

1. Shinsekai Yori
    2. Psycho-Pass
    3. Zetsuen

Shinsekai Yori's story was rivaled by none this season or last. It was slow at times, but the show was overall mindblowing for me, and that characters were so brilliantly "normal" that it made it all the much better. They weren't insane, inhuman, superheroes, or out there. Instead they were just "human" and that's what made the story flow so well. Psycho-Pass was great, even the ending. How it all tied in together with Urobuchi helming the project brings it up to one of my favorites of all time, even though I did expect a bit more from the ending. (Though they did leave it open for another season) Zetsuen had a great story flow and characters, and I loved the Shakespearean references all the way through. Even in arcs that were just talking I was fully engaged.

Almost done watching Sankarea. Grandpa is awesome.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-03-31 at 03:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck. Just finished Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT, pretty pissed. I usually don't mind cliffhangers.. but seriously.

I'm glad that whole "sorry, what did you say?" thing that Kodaka did was a plot point, though. It happened so much that if they wasn't any reasoning behind it, Kodaka might as well be deaf ffs.

Not happy that every girl basically got their moments in the last two episodes, except Yozora. Sena had her confession, Yukimura had her talk, and Rika basically starred in the last few episodes. Yozora is the best one, and she is basically non-existent in the last episode. She started the whole damn club to be with Kodaka, and everything got ruined. Fuck, Kodaka x Yozora needs to become a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    What the fuck. Just finished Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT, pretty pissed. I usually don't mind cliffhangers.. but seriously.

I'm glad that whole "sorry, what did you say?" thing that Kodaka did was a plot point, though. It happened so much that if they wasn't any reasoning behind it, Kodaka might as well be deaf ffs.

Not happy that every girl basically got their moments in the last two episodes, except Yozora. Sena had her confession, Yukimura had her talk, and Rika basically starred in the last few episodes. Yozora is the best one, and she is basically non-existent in the last episode. She started the whole damn club to be with Kodaka, and everything got ruined. Fuck, Kodaka x Yozora needs to become a reality.
    It's obviously going to be Kodaka x Sena.

If not that then Kodaka x Kobato can be the only other option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kodaka x Sena is the worst damn pairing in the entire series. I probably only think that because she is the Yozora's direct opponent, but I'd rather have anyone other than Sena win. Damn it, out of any failed-romance pairing in an anime I have seen, this one pisses me off the most. Kodaka x Yozora better come true.

Yozora sorta reminds me of Inaba from Kokoro Connect. Might be why I want her to win.

Also just finished watching Little Busters! Episode 25. Not gonna lie, I laughed when Riki got pushed to the floor by the teacher. It was hilarious.. Was a decent episode, though. Not sue I liked Little Busters! as much as I did when I first started watching it, but it's still enjoyable.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-03-31 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It's obviously going to be Kodaka x Sena.
    That'd ruin the point of any of the series' drama buildup. They shoved that pairing down people's throats with out of the blue reasons every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    That'd ruin the point of any of the series' drama buildup. They shoved that pairing down people's throats with out of the blue reasons every time.
    I don't care about the excuses for the two to be together. I just think they should because they'd make a good pair. Yozora is annoying and it doesn't feel like Rika would work well with him. With Sena comes Pegasus also.

You've all failed to mention best girl and pairing.

Kodaka x Aoi

I'm not sure who I want to win because it involves everyone else losing. Only person I don't care about and never have is Yukimura. She could be removed from the show and it wouldn't make any difference. She's just "there". Given a few more episodes with Aoi though and I have a feeling I'd be voting for her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    Unless you count the relationship with Negi's father. But maybe it's the doujinshi talking, because I read the manga like four years ago, but doujinshi all the time. Either way, it still technically covers all the criteria, maybe not in the manner the person was asking for, but we got that.

Unless you want to go the route of Vampire Knight, and oh god, you don't want to go there.
    Well, whatever. While I do not think that Mahou Sensei Negima is what the poster asked for it is an awesome manga series nonetheless - and a complete one, so no waiting for new chapters. :3
    I'm not sure who I want to win because it involves everyone else losing.
    As far as I am concerned Kodaka needs to learn from Yuuki Rito. Choosing sucks. :(
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-03-31 at 08:27 AM.

#1 Mondaiji hands down but would prefer if they continue the show ;D
    #2 MMY give season 2 or screw you guys ;<
    #3 Unlimitted well i liked the original already and getting abit more story about kyouske didnt hurt ;P
    #4 Tamako
    #5 well thats a hard one i cant decide between vividred and gj-bu but i will just go with vividred, and gj-bu as an honorable mention as it was quite an awesome anime for a 4 panel manga adaption ;P and still would love a spinoff (same characters but with a real ongoing story for a whole or multiple episodes ;D)

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    OreShura - Loooved the art-style and general vibe. Really enjoyable for a harem anime. The pastel (/faded) colours seemed to be quite a staple of Winter '13 (OreShura, Haganai, Sakurasou) and I thought it was really cool.
    That ending was a little frustrating. I think it would have reaffirmed Eita's claim that he was a bastard if he had managed to make the other girls resent him. I think it could have been done humorously too, but after seeing all their hurting, I'm probably glad he messed up. Anyway, full deredere Masuzu made up for any other short-comings in this epi. Fucking squee! Chiwawa on her tippy-toes was adorable too (I really like her VA. Manages to sound cute but still convey a sense of inner strength (something a lot of cutesy VAs fail to do I think). Really fit the character). The animation on Ai-chan's contractual epic-win was so awesome too.

You've all failed to mention best girl and pairing.

Kodaka x Aoi
    I think you mean, Kodaka x Aoi x President. I seriously thought for a minute that the Council girls were gonna pull off a group NTR. Would've been pretty funny and damn impressive.

Alright, guys. Speculation time.

Two photos from the upcoming(?) 'Haganai Connect':

I think it's safe to say that it's a given who the men in the first picture are (Pegasus and Kodaka's father). I've seen some speculation on who the women depicted are and I feel like loads of people are way off the mark and that the answer they're missing is painfully obvious. I'm thinking the woman in the red dress is Sena's mother and the woman in black with the eye-patch is Kodaka and (more obviously) Kobato's mother. I've seen people saying that one of them is Stella's mother but I don't think that's right at all. Stella might be lewd, but she's professional and I'm guessing that professionalism is hereditary. I don't think a house steward would ever sit casually with the company of the master's house, so for "Stella's mother" to be laughing along with Pegasus' friends with her cleavage out or wearing a chuuni-patch seems unlikely.
    I think the woman in black being Mrs. Hasegawa is made more apparent by the second picture of her depicted in the Academy uniform (school where all the 'rents met) and holding a cute little blonde with twin-tails. It has to be chuuni mother and chuuni daughter! Mrs. Hasegawa and Kobato. I don't understand how people could seriously think otherwise... (Stella and Sena?! Lolwut.)

10+ Year Old Account
    das akb final.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I dunno about you but...

Sasami-san 12 hasn't been subbed yet. How the hell did you watch it?

I'm pretty 100% positive you were watching troll subs.
    Yeah it was some one-man fansub, but so far nobody actually subbed it, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Kodaka x Sena is the worst damn pairing in the entire series. I probably only think that because she is the Yozora's direct opponent, but I'd rather have anyone other than Sena win. Damn it, out of any failed-romance pairing in an anime I have seen, this one pisses me off the most. Kodaka x Yozora better come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

Thank you guys for summarising EXACTLY how I feel about Kodaka x Yozora and Kodoka x Sena.
    Kodaka x Sena is practically 50% of the scenes in the show, they're putting waaaaaaaaaaaay too much focus on her, instead of the other girls.
    Sena has to the least liked girl for me.
    Also, Yozora obviously the best girl:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    das akb final.
    Indeed. I really liked this final episode (unlike other "final" episodes, who left much to be desired, like Haganai NEXT or MMY)

Also:

is there a list for all the start dates for this season? (and yeah in the end of this trailer it says 6.4.2013 for this) but what about the others ;P *marking next saturday/sunday in my calendar for attack of titan* ;D

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it's shaping up to be a good season.

I don't even know if I have a top 5 from this season, if I can't count 2 cour series.

1 Tamako Market
    2 Maoyuu
    3 Haganai NEXT

I watched a couple others, but they weren't good enough for me to even rank them. Sasami-san was interesting, but that's about it. Kotoura-san was way too dramatic when it was serious, and the other parts were just boring and kinda dumb. Really can't wait for the next season to start.

But at least the 2 cour shows WERE really good. Especially Shin Sekai Yori. One of the best series I've ever seen, hands down. Psycho-Pass was amazing well, but it didn't have anywhere near the same impact as SSY, particularly the ending.

What shows are you guys definitely checking out? So far for me, I'll be picking up Suisei no Gargantia, Shingeki no Kyojin, Aku no Hana, Devil Survivor 2, and possibly Kakumeiki Valvrave.
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2013-03-31 at 03:37 PM.