15+ Year Old Account
    HenNeko is pretty damn funny. Loved the first episode.

Gargantia episode 2 was awesome as well. Definitely my favourite series this season.

Deleted
    Just finished the manga "Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa". It was a good manga. Basically a guy who gets stuck inside a mirror. He and the girl he likes have knowledge of this, and if anyone else gets to know, he will be stuck in it forever. He can however get out by confessing his love and it being mutual. He only has one chance at confessing, if it fails, hes stuck forever aswell :P
    The ending was a disappointment, and a bit sad, but also bittersweet. Happy ending, but still not happy ending. Not the kind of manga i would recommend to people who want a 100% happy ending. Its still gnawing on my mind... I can however recommend it if you like comedy with some twists. It has a lot of slice of life rom/com atmosphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I really loved Mx0 ><
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Love Hentai Ouji, didn't expect it to be this amazing.
    Just, dang. ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't realize Attack on Titan was put on Crunchyroll today. Holy shit. That first episode was amazing. Might have topped Gargantia for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Didn't realize Attack on Titan was put on Crunchyroll today. Holy shit. That first episode was amazing. Might have topped Gargantia for me.
    Don't you mean episode 2? The second one is out as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Don't you mean episode 2? The second one is out as well.
    Well, both episodes were put up today.

Anyways, just finished episode 2. I can see why people are calling it the best of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    havent decided on leviathan yet did any 1 watch the 2nd ep and can tell me if it was any good? ^^
    Second episode was innocent fun like the first. I'm enjoying it greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    I see we can all agree that Suisei no Gargantia is great and worth watching. Pic related

[IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/529/785/828.gif[IMG]
    It looks like Gargantia and Titan are going to be the two biggest shows this season not counting sequels like Railgun and OreImo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Kind of nsfw I guess: http://i.minus.com/iMpxYfybAxagD.gif
    Nsfw as in, censored bread.
    I was so thinking this when I watched that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    i hope Shingeki no Kyojin goes further than 12 episodes, after starting the manga 24 episodes would be more suited to it and it would be a shame to see it cut down to 12(unless they are doing multiple seasons)
    Two cour anime this season are going to be -
    Valvrave (Split cour)
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    Railgun

Not sure -
    Hentai Ouji
    Yahari Ore
    Zettai Bouei Leviathan

Also ones slightly more than one cour -
    OreImo (15 episodes, so 1 1/2ish)
    Gargantia (15 episodes, 3 of them being OVAs)

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Anyways, just finished episode 2. I can see why people are calling it the best of the season.
    Titan is slightly cliche and has an annoying MC for it to be top of the season for me so far, but it's up there.

Top of the season for me is easily Gargantia. I adore the atmosphere and I could watch seasons and seasons of pure slice of life stuff that takes place on the Gargantia fleet. The character models are up there with Tinkle's in my absolute favorites, and the combination of so many themes has me salivating. Waterworld, Mecha, Steampunk, plus an awesome MC and a great lead female. It being done by Urobuchi just tops it off for me.

I'll be depressed if it remains one cour, this world already feels so vibrant to me and so different from anything else I've seen I really don't want to see it go and it's just started. The atmosphere alone so matches with my tastes (my love of the ocean and the mystical parts of living in a Waterworld like that, especially the scene with the lightning bugs and the lightning on the water was so amazing.

Though I was also a fan of Avatar just because of the world and how it was set up. I didn't give a damn about the story because the world was so amazing. I love shows, books, or movies that take place in a setting that's so different and out there from anything you'd think.

Also for anyone interested, a list of some of the references in episode one of Haiyore! W: http://notredrevie.ws/2013/04/14/hai...2-parody-list/
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-04-15 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheee.

Haven't done a 'marathon' in a while, just finished up to the newest epi for Oreimo.
    Yandere Ayase <3

Though I do realize it won't happen, Ayase x Kirino........ would be adorable and awkward.

Inc doujins.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-04-15 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Top of the season for me is easily Gargantia. I adore the atmosphere and I could watch seasons and seasons of pure slice of life stuff that takes place on the Gargantia fleet. The character models are up there with Tinkle's in my absolute favorites, and the combination of so many themes has me salivating. Waterworld, Mecha, Steampunk, plus an awesome MC and a great lead female. It being done by Urobuchi just tops it off for me.

I'll be depressed if it remains one cour, this world already feels so vibrant to me and so different from anything else I've seen I really don't want to see it go and it's just started. The atmosphere alone so matches with my tastes (my love of the ocean and the mystical parts of living in a Waterworld like that, especially the scene with the lightning bugs and the lightning on the water was so amazing.

Though I was also a fan of Avatar just because of the world and how it was set up. I didn't give a damn about the story because the world was so amazing. I love shows, books, or movies that take place in a setting that's so different and out there from anything you'd think.
    This pretty much sums up why I love this show so much. The setting this anime takes place in is just so interesting and unique. Disregarding the show's plot, just admiring the other aspects of the show is interesting enough in itself. Combine that with a seemingly awesome plot, an MC who is actually pretty badass, and a whole host of other interesting characters, and you get an awesome show like this. Like you mentioned with Avatar, it was just such an awesome world they created for the movie. I honestly didn't care much for the plot in Avatar, my main draw to it was the amazing landscapes and crazy creatures/plants that existed. I remember the first time I saw it in theaters I was just blown away by the visuals. The scene where they're first walking through the jungle at night with the glowing plants and then swimming through that lake were just stunning. Its not to the same extent as it was with Avatar, but I'm really enjoying the world this anime takes place in.

I hope this show maintains its strong start and the amazing atmosphere its created so far. I'd be really disappointed if it just ended up floundering halfway through. After seeing several of Urubachi's works and the amazing start this anime has had though, I don't see that happening fortunately. I think a slice of life version of this show would be pretty awesome too. A slice of life set in the Gargantia universe would certainly be interesting to see. Here's to hoping the show's a two cour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Here's to hoping the show's a two cour.
    Just 12+3 sadly. Though we don't know how it ends so I'd love to see more of the world. I'm already excited to think of what Urobuchi is going to do next, other than his movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Just 12+3 sadly. Though we don't know how it ends so I'd love to see more of the world. I'm already excited to think of what Urobuchi is going to do next, other than his movie.
    Ah, that's unfortunate. Same. After seeing Madoka and especially Psycho-Pass, it'll be interesting to see the direction this show takes. I wonder if it will focus on the mc and Earth, or him going back to space. I'm guessing the majority of the show will be set on Earth with all the attention they've devoted to its characters/setting. I get this feeling that not everything is ok on Earth aside from the whole no land/having to live on ships aspect.

My prediction for Gargantia : Those Hideauze guys will invade Earth, and because of their inferior technology, the whole flotilla will be nearly annihilated. Who knows how soon, but I definitely think something big like that is going to happen sometime before the halfway point. The only part in the show that reminds me of Gen so far is the Hideauze, so they better get more screen time.

Liking the show quite a bit overall, but it'll have to pick up in the next few episodes considering how short it's going to be. I have faith in Gen, though.

Also, Shingeki no Kyojin would be so much better without the generic main character. The titans themselves are so ridiculously eerie and disturbing in the best possible way, so I really hope Mr. Eren can stop being so predictable as the show progresses.

But that scene where Hannes is running at one of them, and he stops dead in his tracks with his eyes widening, the music drops to a really low, eerie and bass filled part, and the way it slowly pans up to the smiling titan... it was so incredible, and terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    The titans themselves are so ridiculously eerie and disturbing in the best possible way, so I really hope Mr. Eren can stop being so predictable as the show progresses.
    God yes, they bring such a disturbing atmosphere and it fits perfectly.

The titans are indeed some of the creepier things I've seen. It's those creepy ass faces and smiles. That titan that ate his mother was absolutely terrifying looking.

Funny how it seems most people here seem to dislike titan's whiny mc, but when I posted my thoughts to reddit's /r/anime discussion on episode 2 which were exactly what I posted here, essentially calling the mc whiny, I was downvoted into oblivion lol. Apparently they like their whiny mcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Funny how it seems most people here seem to dislike titan's whiny mc, but when I posted my thoughts to reddit's /r/anime discussion on episode 2 which were exactly what I posted here, essentially calling the mc whiny, I was downvoted into oblivion lol. Apparently they like their whiny mcs.
    Reddit is bad so I'm not shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'm more of a lurker there. I'll read the discussions, but I've never posted till now and the first time I do it gets downvoted lol. There's usually a few comments that are insightful and interesting to read, though. Not so much lately though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    As bad as MAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I haven't seen such creepy 'enemies' in a long long time since Shingeki. They're humanoids but it just comes off really disturbing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    IIRC it was cancelled, which explains the ending. The author isn't the luckiest one, his other manga Mx0 was cancelled too. Both are pretty damn great though.
    Well, that would explain a bit i guess. Great manga overall though >.<
    And ive had a friend whos been telling me to read Mx0 for ages now (which has constantly been pushed aside by games, anime and the occasional gender bender manga find) but i havent :P
    Will have to pick it up at some point though, just hope the early ending wont do a lot to it? Sad to see early endings on manga when its a good one.