15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I'm thinking about just watching FMA: brotherhood in English. Good/ bad idea?
    I watched FMA: Brotherhood in English, it is pretty good. Obviously there are some exceptions (like all dubs), but most of the cast is perfect. I'd say good idea.

Gargantia - This series isn't as "epic" as Attack on Titan, but it still is amazing in it's own way. Ledo is a pretty cool character. When that one guy asked Ledo if he could transfer command, I was almost certain they were going to trick Ledo into giving them Chamber. Guess that's not how it works... Anyways, I'm interested in seeing how this series progresses. Will it be the humans or the aliens that find the planet first? What will Ledo do if it is the humans? I don't see the two sides peacefully converging, as their societies are totally different. Even if it ends up being something like Avatar, not sure how Ledo would even be able to fight them off. Also curious about what that whole flashback was about. Was that his "brother" (blood relation, but in their society i guess they don't have family) or a clone or something?

Nyarko-san - Code Geass and Evangelion reference had me laughing. Other than the references though, the humour in this episode was bad. You can only take so much of the "clingy Nyarko/Kuuoko/Hasuta" humour before it gets repetitive.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-04-28 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I watched FMA: Brotherhood in English, it is pretty good. Obviously there are some exceptions (like all dubs), but most of the cast is perfect. I'd say good idea.

Gargantia - This series isn't as "epic" as Attack on Titan, but it still is amazing in it's own way. Ledo is a pretty cool character. When that one guy asked Ledo if he could transfer command, I was almost certain they were going to trick Ledo into giving them Chamber. Guess that's not how it works... Anyways, I'm interested in seeing how this series progresses. Will it be the humans or the aliens that find the planet first? What will Ledo do if it is the humans? I don't see the two sides peacefully converging, as their societies are totally different. Even if it ends up being something like Avatar, not sure how Ledo would even be able to fight them off. Also curious about what that whole flashback was about. Was that his "brother" (blood relation, but in their society i guess they don't have family) or a clone or something?
    Gargantia doesn't need to be epic. It should be what it is and I'll absolutely love it still. The fight scenes are top notch, but what I care the most about are the characters and the world, and how they live in it and with each other.

I think it's his brother, and he was too weak to go on or something and got disposed of. I heard they all look alike in space (as you can see in the first episode) because of the living conditions. You don't have the necessary nutrients so your skin it very pale and your hair is pure white. If it was more realistic then I bet all the different characters would look vastly different except for their complexion and hair color.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Gargantia doesn't need to be epic. It should be what it is and I'll absolutely love it still. The fight scenes are top notch, but what I care the most about are the characters and the world, and how they live in it and with each other.
    Not saying that its a bad thing, it was merely an observation. Gargantia is amazing.

And yeah, what you said makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    snip
    it gets better and better at the end lol (esp episode 10-12)

man i prefer watching anime in bulks (full season) how do you people wait 1 week for each episodes XD

oh and thanks for railgun spoilertags
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

ok guys! i just finished watching 2 awesome animes over the past couple days written by the wonderful Mari Okada, she wrote the pet girl of sakurasou and blast of tempest!

anyway the 2 i have watched were Toradora and Hanasaku iroha

and wow.. just 2 amazing 5 star animes!

her ability to capture and give all of her characters unique emotions is amazing. im aware hanasaku will be getting a second season soon and that makes me really happy, i dont think toradora will but thats probably just because it doesnt need one, it had a great ending and i was very satisfied with it.

anyone seen these 2 animes? they are just pure examples of why i love anime so much.. im also currently watching anohana which is also good, not even half way through with it so im hoping it gets even better than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    ok guys! i just finished watching 2 awesome animes over the past couple days written by the wonderful Mari Okada, she wrote the pet girl of sakurasou and blast of tempest!

her ability to capture and give all of her characters unique emotions is amazing. im aware hanasaku will be getting a second season soon and that makes me really happy, i dont think toradora will but thats probably just because it doesnt need one, it had a great ending and i was very satisfied with it.

anyone seen these 2 animes? they are just pure examples of why i love anime so much.. im also currently watching anohana which is also good, not even half way through with it so im hoping it gets even better than it is.
    should really finish both toradora and hanasaku iroha zzzzzz

but man the art from iroha is A+ quality though
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account

Hanasaku Iroha isn't getting a second season, but a movie. No S2 has been announced, but I would love to see one. Toradora was good, but probably my least favorite of the four.

Also, Hanasaku is the only one really written by her, all the others are based off of Light Novels or Manga.

Hanasaku Iroha isn't getting a second season, but a movie. No S2 has been announced, but I would love to see one. Toradora was good, but probably my least favorite of the four.

Also, Hanasaku is the only one really written by her, all the others are based off of Light Novels or Manga.
    i read somewhere it was getting a movie and a second season.. sort of like what happened to oreimo.. you got the first season, then a special, now its on S2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    should really finish both toradora and hanasaku iroha zzzzzz

but man the art from iroha is A+ quality though
    Red Data Girl also has character designs by Kishida Mel and same studio of P.A. Works so it's very similar in the art category.

i read somewhere it was getting a movie and a second season.. sort of like what happened to oreimo.. you got the first season, then a special, now its on S2
    Nowhere I look does it state a second season. Where did you hear it was getting one?

Red Data Girl also has character designs by Kishida Mel and same studio of P.A. Works so it's very similar in the art category.

Nowhere I look does it state a second season. Where did you hear it was getting one?
    ya hmmm, a lot of the websites i was reading thought that the movie was going to be the title of the second season, so yaa, a movie but no idea about a second season myself.

but regardless! looking forward to the movie then heh

just finished anohana......

=[

only the second anime after clannad: afterstory to send me to tears.... great show

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well, I watched the Evangelion 3.33 and... On one hand, it's an amazing take on the Evangelion franchise. On the other, it's so confusing. I would not understand a tenth of it if I was not a fan of Evangelion already, with more background knowledge of the series' world than I'd like to admit.
    you have to realize one of the foundations of anime and japan video games is being extremely obtuse for no reason and no real explanation.

i thought it was his mother seeing ledo of to his training actually ;O chestplate looked like made for boobs but i could be wrong ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Gargantia is definitely my favourite show this season - maybe Titan could contend if I was not up to date on the manga anyway, but other than that undisputed first place. That being said, I wonder if it will retain the slice of life feel throughout the series or suddenly turn Madoka at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Decided to check out Aku no Hana and see what all the fuss was about. Honestly, the animation isn't even that bad. It's... odd, I guess. If it was some comedy show or a harem or something, sure, it'd be bad, but it seems to fit the series well. First episode was actually quite good, going to catch up with the rest, and I imagine I'll continue watching it.

Also, the ED is creepy as hell.

Damn, it's actually really good. Wouldn't say I actually "enjoy" watching it, hell, it sorta gives me a sick feeling. Same feeling I got when I watched School Days while knowing the ending already. Still pretty good though.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-04-29 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Decided to check out Aku no Hana and see what all the fuss was about. Honestly, the animation isn't even that bad. It's... odd, I guess. If it was some comedy show or a harem or something, sure, it'd be bad, but it seems to fit the series well. First episode was actually quite good, going to catch up with the rest, and I imagine I'll continue watching it.

People hate how it looks because it is just extremely lazy rotoscoping. The style itself is fine, but how terrible of a job was done implementing it is facepalm-worthy.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-29 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted

Damn, it's actually really good. Wouldn't say I actually "enjoy" watching it, hell, it sorta gives me a sick feeling. Same feeling I got when I watched School Days while knowing the ending already. Still pretty good though.
    I'm actually liking the atmosphere of this show as well, and at this point I wouldn't even want it to have regular anime style animation. Also I have not read the manga but I have heard that the art style of it is more generic/not as realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    People hate how it looks because it is just extremely lazy rotoscoping. The style itself is fine, but how terrible of a job was done implementing it is facepalm-worthy.
    well what would be considered not lazy rotoscoping cuz i rarely see it lol