10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Another one broke, huhuhuhuhu.
    You'll never get me....because if I read the manga, I can't get into the anime since I remember the story >_>
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Don't need to read Shingeki no Kyojin manga, an obsessed friend allready spoiled everything to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Henneko - Was worried that this series would get boring with MC getting his facade back. This episode was really damn hilarious though. Probably my fourth favourite anime this season (Titan, Gargantia, Maou-sama being top 3).

Titan - wtf. Eren was one fucked up kid... wtf was that. Was that single scene what fucked him up or something? Hope there is some more backstory or something, because Eren seeing a murder scene to going and murdering two people like a maniac (as a kid, too)... that's crazy.

Relevant (spoilers to this weeks episode of Titan, I guess)
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-05-12 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    You'll never get me....because if I read the manga, I can't get into the anime since I remember the story >_>
    Even reading the manga gives you that sense of constantly trying to figure out whats going to happen next and why. Crazy how good it is. From one of those who broke and had to read it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but I want to enjoy the anime too, and the manga ruins anime for me for the most part ><
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Even reading the manga gives you that sense of constantly trying to figure out whats going to happen next and why. Crazy how good it is. From one of those who broke and had to read it
    For those who are going to read the manga don't bother trying to skip to where it is in the anime. The chronology is so fucked up I don't know where to begin. I got so confused at one part I had to look up what the hell what happening and if maybe I was reading an incomplete version. On chapter 7 so far (6 is where the latest episode ended).

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't a spoiler imo chelly...
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Almost done first season of Railgun. I decided to watch it without watching Index first. No real problems obviously, only thing I missed was the chance to recognize the Index characters in their cameos/appearances.

Railgun S runs parallel to first season of Index, right? Should I watch Index first, so I won't get confused? I imagine watching Index would make sense anyways, considering Railgun S is currently running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Almost done first season of Railgun. I decided to watch it without watching Index first. No real problems obviously, only thing I missed was the chance to recognize the Index characters in their cameos/appearances.

Railgun S runs parallel to first season of Index, right? Should I watch Index first, so I won't get confused? I imagine watching Index would make sense anyways, considering Railgun S is currently running.
    You can watch the second season of Railgun without having to see Index, just like you can see Index and you'll just get backstory on a side character by watching Railgun.

Most generally watch it in the airing order, which is Index 1 > Railgun 1 > Index 2, but there is also the chronological order which is Railgun 1 > Railgun 2 (beginning) > Railgun 2/Index 1 > Index 2.

Index is also a lot different from Railgun, so you may not like it. It's far more shounen-y and a fairly different story. Part way into Index you'll see the crossover on a future episode in Railgun 2 which'll be fairly obvious because it'll include both Touma and Misaka.

Since Railgun 2 is currently airing I'd recommend watching Index 1 and 2 once you've caught up with Railgun 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, okay, I'll probably do that. At what episode do Railgun S and Index 1 start converging at (if Railgun S is far enough yet)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Hmm, okay, I'll probably do that. At what episode do Railgun S and Index 1 start converging at (if Railgun S is far enough yet)?
    If I remember correctly (90% positive) the big merge comes at chapter 32 in the Railgun storyline (I remember making a mental note of it when reading) and the latest episode of Railgun animated chapters 24 and 25. An average of two chapters are animated an episode, so we'll probably get the major merge (which happens almost half way into Index season 1 I believe) around episode 10 of Railgun S.

Hey everyone, I'm just stopping in with a quick question, but I was wondering if anyone here buys their anime as in box sets etc. or if you just watch them all online? I've been debating about it and something about owning the boxes feels better lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm just stopping in with a quick question, but I was wondering if anyone here buys their anime as in box sets etc. or if you just watch them all online? I've been debating about it and something about owning the boxes feels better lol.
    I don't. Being in germany means that we usually get overpriced DVDs with bad re-translated subs (I strongly believe our subs are translated from the translated US subs) that also cause eyecancer because they are so fugly.

@Henneko
    OH MAI GAH! so many good scenes, funny and eroi alltogether. loved their reaction to Mr. Elephant.
    And for next week we get https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943327_10151467348768635_517220789_n.jpg. Azusa-chan. AZUSA-CHAN! *pants pants* Guhehe. Guhehehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither.

HQ torrent masterrace.

Deleted
    Well, this weeks Railgun took a dark turn really fast. Pretty darn good though.

(I'm lagging so much this season! Dx)

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I don't. Being in germany means that we usually get overpriced DVDs with bad re-translated subs (I strongly believe our subs are translated from the translated US subs) that also cause eyecancer because they are so fugly.
    exactly that either bad dubs/subs or totally overpriced and even if we wouldnt care about that most arent even buyable ;x and no i dont want to import stuff ;< same goes for mangas too btw :P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    I live in Poland, so my "legal" choices are 1)terrible, re-re-retranslated subs on a few, at least 5 year old, shows at mind-boggling prices or 2)even higher prices if I were to try and get my anime abroad. Streaming anime is also a terrible choice, the quality is ridiculously bad.

In other words: torrents aaaalllll the way.

I'd prefer to buy the box sets atm...prices for the UK have dropped a lot since i last bought a DVD.
    used to be that a 3/4 episode DVD would cost a flat £20 and there were virtually no box sets...the likes of full metal achemist(not brotherhood) cost me £260 because it was over 13 DVDs.
    Atm i can get the box set of brotherhood for about £60, Hellsing Ultimate ovas are going for £3 per eppisode, and some as low as £10 for a series...now if only i wasn't unemployed i would have bought a shit ton

Deleted
    Haven't touched boxed anime as it's overpriced here, shitty subs, and you can't get any of the good ones unless you import which is like 100$ extra.

What's wrong with the new shingeki no kyojin? It didn't seem terrible just a pretty boring flashback. I haven't read the manga though.
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2013-05-12 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Haven't touched boxed anime as it's overpriced here, shitty subs, and you can't get any of the good ones unless you import which is like 100$ extra.

What's wrong with the new shingeki no kyojin? It didn't seem terrible just a pretty boring flashback. I haven't read the manga though.
    flashback important to the character development for mikasa imo

and the boxsets talk, i'll usually get boxsets BD's of anime i liked that got on UK release or if the US BD's are playable in region B players.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2013-05-12 at 12:24 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni