Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuo Heiwajima View Post
    Kanon.
    I've yet to read that one.
    Damn, I have quite the backlog on anime, current manga and VNs to clear... Stupid diploma paper. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Kanon 100% complete.

Deleted
    Noobs. I'm even watching some new animes in addition to the new ones every week. I have too much free time on vacation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Noobs. I'm even watching some new animes in addition to the new ones every week. I have too much free time on vacation
    No YOU'RE the noob...Trust me at my peak i was up to 5-8 cour A WEEK...

i had times i watched more then 2 cours a day for over a week ... but that was when i still had to catch up on all the animes i missed before i started watching alot ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Review of "Kino's Journey" (a.k.a. "Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World")

First, I fear I did not give Kino a fair shot because it was so often compared to Mushi-shi and I watched it under that premise. But from the get-go the series felt completely different to me. It was a string of episodic encounters that were fairly simple moralistic stories, often with not-so-subtle parodies such as the countries that agreed to massacre a third to avoid their own bloodshed and the countries that believed the ramblings of a demented poet to be prophecy. Also by the end of the series you learned to expect inevitable downturns. Half the countries are blatant dystopias and the other half that looked good had a horrible, evil side just waiting to be revealed by the end of the episode. It made things feel a bit predictable.

For characters Kino herself never particularly appealed to me and I was pretty sick of "Kiiiiiinooo~" from Hermes by the end. My favorite episode was the one that centered on the mechanic building an airplane which incidentally also spent the most amount of time with somebody other than the primary characters. Also, while this may sound funny, I found Kino nonjudgmental to a fault. She treated every country as essentially equivalent, no matter what it did. She doesn't seem to be bothered or show disgust when they endorse blood sports, slave trading, massacre of innocents, or sentencing their children to death and even gets herself tangled up in it at times.

Overall I found the series moderately engaging but only mediocre. Whether this is because I fell it felt short on its own merits or I was comparing it to Mushi-shi the whole time I'm not sure. To be fair it didn't have anything I thought was gratingly bad, so it's a series that could be a good semi-thoughtful filler but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.

Edit: Although the scene where Kino is checking into the city that thinks the end is coming got a good laugh out of me. "How long will your stay be?" "Three days." "Oh. The world is ending tomorrow. I hope this doesn't cause you any inconvenience."
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-06-11 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    ba....baka!! ill have ALL the time when my exams are finish but for now /sadface
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Steins Gate Part 1 DVD is out on July 15th in the UK finally.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

desuu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    desuu
    I'm a fan of rule 27

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurumi View Post
    Implying Rozen Maiden was ever bad.

How could you.

The animation does look really clean though, and didn't think they'd do that. I'm in love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rozen Maiden <3.

Why won't you come out fast enough.

can't wait for tons of desu fan art again :3

Deleted
    You keep your DesuDesu, I prefer Kuu-tan.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-06-11 at 11:11 PM.

boku and junk are good too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Souseiseki best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No YOU'RE the noob...Trust me at my peak i was up to 5-8 cour A WEEK...
    Same as this man. Maybe a little bit more with rewatching included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Same as this man. Maybe a little bit more with rewatching included.
    LOL i am JUST talking about legit purchased DVDs and yeah,..Same man TBH i MAY hve capped at like even 10 cour once if not more....

Also my record for ONE DAY this INCLUDES sleep, Mcdonalds(walking one way) and a few other things....38-39 episodes in oen 24 hour period....The remaining 12-13 episodes of Dragon Drive AND all of Linebarrel