Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Hm, who knows. With enough creativity you could write a followup to pretty much anything.

If anything, it makes me think the ending might be a happy one... hmm, I think a bittersweet end would be the best, even though I'd love to see something happy. Anywho, I know nothing past volume 8, so that's nothing but speculation.

Which reminds me that I need to go order volume 9... time for some more Horo x Lawrence <3
    True, so hopefully it's just a result of them wanting to write some fan fiction and not a bad ending.

I'm hoping for a happy ending. I'd be really sad to see if everything didn't work out at least. I'm not quite sure how it could end completely happy what with Lawrence having a normal life span, but I hope the author pulled it off somehow.

I'm going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow to pick up a copy. I'm excited. I hear it ends on a big cliff hangar, so it's probably going to stink waiting for the next volume.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just started reading Fate/Apocrypha. Pretty good, though the explanation for why there is 14 Servants just feels like it was shoehorned in to make the story possible. Not a big fan of Light Novels but I am liking this so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The translator?

So fanfiction?

Despite being stupid to begin with, it's probably just an add-on/side story if anything. That's like writing another LN of OreImo and continuing the ending.
    No, it was the editor for the unofficial releases who wrote it. And yes, it's fanfiction, but this guy is actually pretty decent from what I've seen. I have no idea how the series ends nor what this bonus volume is about, though, so I was just saying it could be decent quality considering the person who wrote it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it was the editor for the unofficial releases who wrote it. And yes, it's fanfiction, but this guy is actually pretty decent from what I've seen. I have no idea how the series ends nor what this bonus volume is about, though, so I was just saying it could be decent quality considering the person who wrote it.
    I don't mind that he wrote fanfiction. I just think it's stupid to put it on the website right after the others like it's a normal volume he translated (I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like). Fanfiction should go with the rest of the fanfiction and be labeled such, and it's probably side stories (like SAO volume 3). It wouldn't show what the ending of S/W is like at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly on topic but Katawa Shoujo fan fics are surprisingly good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any suggestions for anime I should download to watch later? Trying to get a bunch downloaded before I leave for school. Already have:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    Spice and Wolf 1 & 2
    TTGL
    FLCL
    Trigun
    Yosuga no Sora
    Kara no Kyoukai (still have yet to finish all of them)

Planning to get some other stuff (Chihayafuru, for example) but I hate it when they aren't in batches. MAL so you don't recommend stuff I have seen. Also unless otherwise stated in this post everything in my "Plan to Watch" are things I have yet to download, so feel free to recommend stuff that is on that list.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-08-27 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for anime I should download to watch later? Trying to get a bunch downloaded before I leave for school. Already have:
    Accel World, Mondaiji-tachi, Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou from the top of my head.
    Oh and Index since that's on your plan to watch.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-08-27 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted

Spice and Wolf 1 & 2
    TTGL
    FLCL
    Trigun
    Yosuga no Sora

Planning to get some other stuff (Chihayafuru, for example) but I hate it when they aren't in batches. MAL so you don't recommend stuff I have seen. Also unless otherwise stated in this post everything in my "Plan to Watch" are things I have yet to download, so feel free to recommend stuff that is on that list.
    Recommendations:
    Acchi Kocchi: Very Funny RomCom SoL, had my LOLing IRL quite a few times. Warning: Male lead is known to cause homoerotic thoughts in straight men.
    AKB0048: Even though it's basically an animated CM for the Idol group that shares the name, it's a damn fun ride, especially if you like JPop
    Nanoha (everything): Not having watched Nanoha isn't a crime but a sin. Imagine Sailor Moon, just half the age but 4x as kickass.

Special entry: Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: It's not finished just yet, but with those graphics, you WILL puke rainbows. Just take the space fights with a grain of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    just using your on-hold/plan to watch lists to reccomend

index (both seasons)
    baka test - very "physical/idiotic" comedy
    hanasaku iroha
    shiki

Spice and Wolf 1 & 2
    TTGL
    FLCL
    Trigun
    Yosuga no Sora

From your plan to watch.

Claymore
    Death Billiards
    Fairy Tail
    Haibane Renmai
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Hanbun no Tsuki ga nobura sora
    nana
    nazo no kanojo x
    ookami-san to shichinin no nakama-tachi
    sankarea
    shiki
    summer wars

Deleted
    Oh, just going from your Plan to Watch list, I def. recommend Black Lagoon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to time travel back to when this chat thread was still in some other area as sy's anime list, almost 2 years ago now rofl, 900 pages ago

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the recommendations. Any VN recs? Only have:

Fate/Stay Night
    Tsukihime (2/5)
    Katawa Shoujo (downloading)
    Grisaia no Kajitsu (downloading)

Side note, just got to first Caster of Red scene in Fate/Apoc. Definitely the best Caster yet.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the recommendations. Any VN recs?
    Kana~ Imouto if you like buckets of tears (there are H scenes, but they are few and far between. I don't think the remake w/o H scenes is translated yet)
    and, ofc: Steins;Gate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    and, ofc: Steins;Gate
    Worth playing having seen the Anime?

Deleted
    Worth playing having seen the Anime?
    If you liked they anime enough to consider rewatching it, yes. The VN is a bit more elaborate at some scenes ofc. And there are the different character endings we ofc didn't get to see in the anime, which featured the best ending.

Personally, I say S;G is def worth it. (I liked certain parts that weren't as clear in the anime, like all the talk on @channel)

Fate/Stay Night
    Tsukihime (2/5)
    G-Senjou no Maou if you like cat and mouse thrillers,
    Sharin no Kuni if you like shitting bricks,
    Ever17 if you like shitting even more bricks (seriously the biggest mindfuck I've ever experienced in my life),
    Kara no Shoujo if you like dark (and really gory) murder mysteries.

And since you like Fate/Zero so much, you owe it to yourself to check out the VN that really brought Urobutcher into the spotlight, Saya no Uta. It's short, too, at 8-10 hours max. Just brace yourself, because if you think Fate/Zero is dark, this one will make your stomach cringe.

And if you enjoy Saya no Uta at all, you'd probably like Kikokugai, which is also very short and one of Urobuchi Gen's earliest works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    If you liked they anime enough to consider rewatching it, yes. The VN is a bit more elaborate at some scenes ofc. And there are the different character endings we ofc didn't get to see in the anime, which featured the best ending.

Personally, I say S;G is def worth it. (I liked certain parts that weren't as clear in the anime, like all the talk on @channel)
    I read the S;G VN before I watched the anime, and am super happy I did. So much better. The anime took out psycho Nae, possibly my favorite part of the story.
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2013-08-28 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    I read the S;G VN before I watched the anime, and am super happy I did. So much better. The anime took out psycho Nae, possibly my favorite part of the story.
    I only read the VN after I watched the anime, and after I sadly got spoilered about psycho Nae in the R;N threads on MAL. Still, the VN is awesome, as is the anime. A part I liked in the VN was how the story about Faris was a bit more fleshed out. And how, in the VN, Okabe is more annoyed at her "hijacking" his chuu2 stories while in the anime, they just chuu2 together. Also liked the Faris ending (and bawled at the Ruka ending T.T)

Btw, another VN recommendation: Yume Miru Kusuri
    Ofc you need to go Aeka's route, else I will break your kneecaps... or at least give you a very stern look!

Deleted

Fate/Stay Night
    Tsukihime (2/5)

Side note, just got to first Caster of Red scene in Fate/Apoc. Definitely the best Caster yet.
    MuvLuv trilogy is absolutely amazing. Takes one entire VN to ramp up, but afterwards it's the best I've read to the date.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-08-28 at 01:28 PM.