Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Does that mean episode 9 of Zankyou won't be on 9/11? :p
    Ya episode 9 will be on 9/11 episode 8 is on Sept 4th. Also 9/11 is on a Thursday.

Sidonia no Kishi 65: Well... Damn.

For anyone that was confused about this scene in koe-no-katachi latest chapter on the last page.
    "NO ONE CHANGES. NO ONE CAN CHANGES. NO ONE WANTS TO CHANGE."
    This sentence is a little mistranslated.

The original Japanese caption says "誰もが変わら*い。変われ*い。変わりたく*い。"
    Meaning, "Not everyone changes. Not everyone can change. Not everyone wants to be changed."
    At the moment, most characters are changing, but Ueno is the only person who is at a standstill.

http://puu.sh/bcNkL/76e19241b4.jpg Gotta love CR mistranslations!
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-08-29 at 03:18 PM.

Oh man, Shulk in Smash. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    HNNG
    Non-tsundere "Shitoge" is so good
    Oh my sweet baby Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Justice View Post
    Oh man, Shulk in Smash. Good stuff.
    Why can't I hold all these sword-people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Magi 236 -

No Solomon why. ;_;

The greatest fucking sacrifice. Holy shit. The tears are real.

I am seriously surprised at how major a character Ugo has become. I never thought it would be like this when I first started Magi.

I would seriously be so happy if Ugo came back to Aladdin after the story is over. Else I will miss him so much.

I feel so sorry for Ugo. This is terrible...

Jesus, him talking about how Aladdin resembles his father Solomon just makes me think more and more about how Aladdin is going to unite the new world. Chills.

Everyone bowing before baby Aladdin is too much for me.

To think that even Ugo, the one who raised him views him as his King. Aladdin is the true King of the new world, not Sinbad or any of the rest.

Oh my gosh, all the underground cities are the name of the rulers and the current djinn in the new world. This is great.

This is insane, ALL of the djinn of the new world know who Aladdin is and view him as their King. I wonder if they all knew and were hiding it instead of openly bowing before him.

This is really too much for my emotions. Seeing every Djinn that we already know from the new world bowing before and talking to Aladdin like this.

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK THE LAST PAGE. FUCKING SO MANY CHILLS I DON'T EVEN. This is so fucking exciting holy shit. I'm jumping up and down in my chair so much I feel like I might break it.

Holy shit though, did he say everyone? I thought only the Djinn (aka the rulers of each race) moved over to the new world. I'm thinking maybe all the races except humans are across that great divide protected by Yunan. I do wonder what Yunan has to do with all this. He would have to be the guardian of that divide but there by Ugo to protect the other races and divide them from the new race of humans.

I'm thinking the Feralis figured out a way to get across that divide to the human side and in turn became human. I wonder if any other races did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koe no Katachi 50 - Shit. I so called it. I SO CALLED IT. UENO BEST GIRL I ALWAYS KNEW IT.

She's so adorable. My heart is hurting. I feel so sorry for her. She looks so heartbroken being dragged into all that shit.

I can seriously understand Ueno's side. It makes me really like her. Best girl.

I feel so bad for Ueno. ;_;

Wait who the fuck is this Hirose bitch.

I don't hate Nishimiya at all, but I can totally accept Ueno's attitude towards her. I feel like they'll be friends in the end of this manga. Both have learning to do.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And here I was about to say Ueno is still a complete bitch Basically, her reason to hate is because she made an assumption 5 years ago >_< The last words at the bottom of the last page are very fitting for Ueno though.
    Did you read my spoilers about that how CR did a mistransaltion and the one I put in makes more sense?

Man, anyone ever needs to get hyped, just read a Zath post xD

And oh shit, I think I'm like, 2 chapters behind with Koe! *leaves to read*
    I skip past em now because really they are all pretty much the same thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Koe no Katachi 50
    Wait who the fuck is this Hirose bitch.

You do know Hirose is a guy right? Why would her picture for him be his girlfriend? Makes no sense really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sinbad 31 - The greatest thing about Sinbad is how fluid of a talker he is, even at such a young age. I love seeing him in an impressive light.

Jesus, the fucking 12th King of Balbadd. That is so cool. SO. COOL.

A King that goes around his city in a minor disguise to see the workings of it is the absolute best.

HOLY FUCK WAIT THAT'S ALIBABA'S DAD. ALIBABA'S DAD. THE COOLEST. THING.

32 - Harun is so cool.

Hahaha yesss, Sinbad's story telling is the greatest.

Harun's shocked face is the best part.

Harun is so based. Greatest King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I skip past em now because really they are all pretty much the same thing lol
    Wow mean. I put my heart and soul into those. Each one is unique and different.

I actually just did. I didn't read the CR one but rather somewhere else. It had the same translation, more or less, though. Rather than the one that actually makes more sense.
    Well they most likely uploaded the CR copy reason why it had the same translation. The fact that a company that pays it's translators and asks money makes mistakes when someone who doesn't get paid does it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    CR's subs aren't bad, they're just not excellent.

Funi's subs are bad. I'll generally watch CR's most of the time because I don't want to wait for a group to come out with the show and I have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Wow mean. I put my heart and soul into those. Each one is unique and different.
    Don't worry I'm jumping up and down in my seat because my emotions can't handle the special snowflake that is each one if your recap posts. I mean holy fuck they are just too much, but make me really like you.

I can actually understand the reason for that mistranslation: 誰も can (and usually does?) mean "no-one" when it's with a negative verb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Don't worry I'm jumping up and down in my seat because my emotions can't handle the special snowflake that is each one if your recap posts. I mean holy fuck they are just too much, but make me really like you.
    It's okay, I do it for you sempai. As long as you're happy I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    I can actually understand the reason for that mistranslation: 誰も can (and usually does?) mean "no-one" when it's with a negative verb.
    Ya I suppose but still they need to proof read their work since they are charging money for this and won't correct it later on.
    They expect people to pay for that.

Pay for something that completely changes the meaning of a character's most important inner dialogue.

The original Japanese phrase "誰もが変わら*い, not everyone changes" is easily mistaken as "誰も変わら*い, no one changes."

"誰もが変わら*い" can be read as either "No one changes" or "Not everyone changes".
    Taking context into consideration, this sentence should be read as "Not everyone changes".

For reference, if this sentence is "誰も変わら*い", it should be read as "No one changes", and if it is "誰もが変わるわけでは*い", it should be read as "Not everyone changes".
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-08-29 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ’誰もと誰にもちょっと違いますよ

You don't use が for a negative, fyi. You still use は.