I totally forgot to drop this in the last time i was here, dont have much time today so it will just be this one;

Angel Beats loved it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjerra View Post
    Ghost in the Shell is well worth a watch, the series more than the movie (in my opinion).
    Personally Movie2>Sac1>Movie1>Sac2
    But i liked them all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Angel Beats loved it
    guess i'll try this one
    looks interesting, although it's apparently not as good as many fans of Clannad and the like expected.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Is there a Mx0 anime?
    I read the manga a while ago and it was hilarious
    there isn't and probably won't be (at least according to my friend google).

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    guess i'll try this one
    looks interesting, although it's apparently not as good as many fans of Clannad and the like expected.
    Everything cant be the standard of Clannad, Kanon and the like, but this got some hillarious scenes and tons of oddballs, mix in some tragedy and drama and you got Angel Beats

Tbh i was sceptic when i saw the trailer at first but it turned out to be worth while.

Just finished watching: Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10541 <- Clicky Link for more info about the anime

I thought it was really good it had me hooked from the moment it started, and i really wished it would last longer, the characters the story are all solid as hell.

Also watched a few other animes during this week/last week (seeing as fuck all is happening in WoW) Including
    IkkiTousen - Battle Vixens
    IkkiTousen - Dragon Destiny
    IkkiTousen - Great Guardians
    IkkiTousen - Xtreme Xecutor
    Queen's Blade Season 1 and 2

Now i need something new to watch :<
    recommend something for meh!
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Now i need something new to watch :<
    recommend something for meh!
    My recommendations will always be any Ghibli.
    Or Claymore.
    Or Pokemon series 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    My recommendations will always be any Ghibli.
    Or Claymore.
    Or Pokemon series 1-2
    This might sound strange but im really tired of animes that have any form of "monsters" in it they get repeative and extremly boring, im more into Thrillers, psychological, Drama settings, that and Ecchi and fanservice harrharr ;P
    Oh hi

This might sound strange but im really tired of animes that have any form of "monsters" in it they get repeative and extremly boring, im more into Thrillers, psychological, Drama settings, that and Ecchi and fanservice harrharr ;P
    Still Ghibli =]
    Drama...
    Ponyo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hokay.
    Alphabetical order~

A:
    Akira. ***** Blood/Gore/Scifi
    Gakuen Alice. *** Cutesy/Magic/School
    Angel Sanctuary. **** Incestlol/Romance/Blood
    Aquarion. ***** Mech/Romance/Magic/SAVETHEWORLD
    Armitage. ***** (my favorite of the armitage movies) Futuristic/Scifi

B:
    Battle Angel Alita ***** Futuristic/Scifi
    Betterman ****** Mech/Scifi
    Beyond The Clouds / Place Promised In Our Early Days ***** Sad/Romance
    Blood The Last Vampire ***** Blood
    Blue Gender Apocalypse/Scifi
    Boogiepop Phantom *** Fuuucked Up/Scifi

C:
    Cromartie High School **** Hilarious/School

D:
    Darker Than Black ****** Futuristic/Scifi (i can't *BELIEVE* noone mentioned this, it is SO good)
    DearS *** Comedy/ChobitsParodySorta
    Desert Punk **** Futuristic/Scifi
    Doki Doki School Hours **** Comedy/SliceOfLife/School/ParodyOfAzumangaDaiohSorta

E:
    Eureka Seven ******* Mech/Scifi/Future

G:
    Gatekeepers 21 **** School/Magic
    Girl Who Lept Through Time ***** Sad/Romance/School/Magic

H:
    .Hack Sign ***** VideoGame/FutureSorta (The best .Hack, hands down.)
    Haibane Renmei ********** Sad/Beautiful
    Heat Guy J ***** Crime/Future/Awesome

I:
    Innocent Venus **** PostApocalyptic

K:
    Kaleido Star ******* Fun

L:
    Last Exile ***** Beautiful/Sad/Military/Future

N:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion ******************

O:
    Origin ******** Futuristic/PostApocalyptic

P:
    Princess Mononoke *************

S:
    Saikano *********** Sad/Future/MechGirl/SAD
    Serial Experiments Lain ******************************************************************************* Crazy

T:
    Texhnolyze ************ Crazy/Fuckedup/Future/AWESOME

i tried to pick the ones people hadn't mentioned yet.
    This is on a five * scale. Anything Five+ You are SERIOUSLY doing yourself a disservice and must rectify the situation immediately. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot this one since its been years since I've seen it.
    Shaman King (No, it's not Thrall)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Everything cant be the standard of Clannad, Kanon and the like
    true. but i watched two episodes and have already seen some of the flaws and logical mistakes that others mentioned. the humor is good (so i will continue watching it) and the surreal atmosphere is interesting, but the first drama moment(s) already felt overdone and put on.

Thrillers, psychological, Drama settings, that and Ecchi and fanservice harrharr ;P
    Elfenlied.

edit: in case you've already seen Elfenlied (which fits your tags perfectly), those might work as well:
    Chobits: humor, fanservice, some drama, some romance.
    Shuffle: humor, drama, fanservice, romance.
    Gunslinger Girl: psychological, drama, action.
    Death Note: thriller, psychological, some drama, some fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    Darker Than Black ****** Futuristic/Scifi (i can't *BELIEVE* noone mentioned this, it is SO good)
    haven't seen it yet, but i heard it's quite good.
    Texhnolyze ************ Crazy/Fuckedup/Future/AWESOME
    i've got this one on my pc, will watch it some time

and i don't feel like looking at every one of your list right now, but i will when i get the time/motivation^^
    This is on a five * scale. Anything Five+ You are SERIOUSLY doing yourself a disservice and must rectify the situation immediately. Seriously.
    while i like that you tried to rate them, don't you think it's gotten a bit out of hand when there are more animes with 5+ rate than with 5- ? xD

if you try do use a rating pattern, make sure all of your animes (from the worst to the "OMFG EPIC!!1"-best ones) fit in there. like giving a percentage: your 5* would equal about 70% then. NGE would be around 90% and Lain on 95-100%. keep in mind though, when you rate Lain with 100%, the whole pattern will cease to work again if there is EVER an anime that you actually like even more.
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-17 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    Origin ******** Futuristic/PostApocalyptic
    This Origin?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin:...ts_of_the_Past
    I have on DVD. Pretty good =]

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
    Comedy/Battle Anime, so he is going to be a demon lord or is he?

Durarara
    Interesting drama/fantasy/action storry with at least 5 main characters who'se storries are all narrated around a central main storry.

Michiko to Hatchin
    If you like Champloo, you gotta love this one.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
    Detective Storry with a strange but humorous twist to it.

Kodomo no Jikan
    Pretty offensive preschool storry. Basic storry behind it is about a teacher and 3 little girls in his class. The storry is quite sad, but the humor is very offensive.

To Aru Majutsu No Index
    Magic, Science, a boy that has the power to negate all supernatural phenomen and his storry intertwined by different girls.

Seikon no Qwaser
    If there wouldn't be the "strange" way to fuel their techniques it would be quite a funny battle anime. But you better like some fan service or this isn't for you.

Great Teacher Onizuka
    The role model of a delinquent finishes school, is unemployed and starts as a teacher and is surprisingly good at his job. Really great school comedy.

Full Metal Panic
    A military maniac, a mysterious highschool girl, high tech combat robots and a global conspiracy. Really nice humor and a good storry. Though the bad guy should have stayed dead and just be replaced by another one.

And one of my all time favorites:
    Love Hina!

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Kodomo no Jikan
    Pretty offensive preschool storry. Basic storry behind it is about a teacher and 3 little girls in his class. The storry is quite sad, but the humor is very offensive.!
    kodomo no jikan isn't "offensive"... it doesn't try to offend you... it's just for the more "open minded" people (the kind of open mind state that appears to only exist in japan lol)... one of the 3 little girls (the main one) tries activelly to seduce her teacher...

and it's not a "sad story" either... some bad stuff happen but theres a lot of cheerful stuff on it too... it's kinda cute... but it's not for everybody... it was almost licensed in the USA under the name "nymphet", but as the story progressed the americans felt it was too lolicon for their audiences lol
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Seikon no Qwaser
    no comment..
    (which is enough of a comment anyway, as you all know :x)
    Full Metal Panic
    A military maniac, a mysterious highschool girl, high tech combat robots and a global conspiracy. Really nice humor and a good storry. Though the bad guy should have stayed dead and just be replaced by another one.
    imo, FMP is great mostly because of the 2nd season (FUMOFFU!), which is basically comedy that makes use of all the exaggerated characters of the 1st (and 3rd) season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    and it's not a "sad story" either... some bad stuff happen but theres a lot of cheerful stuff on it too... it's kinda cute...
    not talking about this specific anime since i haven't seen it, but just because humor plays a big part (maybe even the biggest) doesn't mean the story can't be sad.

actually a lot of intelligent humor mixed with a sad and touching story is what makes many of the best animes that great (see Kanon, Clannad, Spice and Wolf), at least if the producer manages to do it right (both humor and drama have to fit in there).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    You should really try reading that manga or watch the anime.
    It get's REALLY, and I mean REALLY! weird later on. :x
    no thanks?
    from what i read, it's definitely one of the worst animes i've heard of. like, ever.

not talking about this specific anime since i haven't seen it, but just because humor plays a big part (maybe even the biggest) doesn't mean the story can't be sad.
    but it's not sad SAD... it has some drama moments, but generally, it's not sad... the sad part of it is basically this:

the main characters are aoki (the teacher) and rin (his perverted little student)... rin's mother died when she was small and she is raised by her mother's cousin who was her lover (his name is renji or reiji, I don't remember [or care])... and now this guy wants to marry her once she turns 16 (at the start she was 8 but now she's already 10) because she's very simmilar to her mother and because he wants to give her what he couldn't give to her mother... and rin doesn't want reiji (or renji lol) to get a girlfriend or something like this because this would be "cheating" on her mother, but at the same time she doesn't want to marry him (cause she likes aoki, her teacher)... and aoki is in the middle trying to fix this mess...

it's a very interesting manga if you can ignore the complete lolicon-ness of the author...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    the sad part of it is basically this:
    ignoring the obvious "lol she's only 10 o.O"-part, it sounds rather fitting for a drama.

Only anime I'm really watching currently is Sora no Otoshimono -- comedy about a super pervert that finds himself surrounded by hot angeloid (angel android/robot?) things ^_^ -- I'm bad at explaining things, it's also got a serious story behind it somewhere, I just like it >.<

ignoring the obvious "lol she's only 10 o.O and she's doing THAT???"-part, it sounds rather fitting for a drama.
    fixed for you (if you ever read it you'll understand... lol)

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by collinollin View Post
    Only anime I'm really watching currently is Sora no Otoshimono -- comedy about a super pervert that finds himself surrounded by hot angeloid (angel android/robot?) things ^_^ -- I'm bad at explaining things, it's also got a serious story behind it somewhere, I just like it >.<
    I read sora no otoshimono... it's cute... I don't know about the anime, but tomoki in the manga is just like me but younger and not brutish and stupid looking lol