10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by futomara View Post
    i'm looking for an anime with as little romance as possible. Drama, comedy, adventure and action on the other hand or all gewd.
    I tried long and hard to think of an anime I've seen that quite nearly had as little romance as possible.
    All i can pluck out of my head is Dragon Ball Z or some other monster a week shonen.
    Except Black Lagoon and even then they do hint at it... but still relatively devoid of the thought of romance.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

just me but shouldnt action recieve its own list? then agian its your anime list so w/e who knows? maybe your not in to the more action type anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    And after watching the first 3 episodes of Toradora, I would like to thank you very much for recommending it so often on this thread :P its pretty damn good so far.
    yup, it's one of my absolute favorites now!
    and you should probably thank the great white overlord (Lysah) for recommending it to me^^

looks nice, but i will wait until all 13 episodes are out and subbed.

And sy i know you like romance but i'm looking for an anime with as little romance as possible. Drama, comedy, adventure and action on the other hand or all gewd.
    yeah, i already guessed you would say something like this :/^^
    it's just that i'm quite excited about Toradora! right now and i don't really know many good animes that would suit your preferences.

i can't remember which one of those you've already seen, but i'll just list every anime i think you could like:
    Samurai Champloo - great comedy and martial arts
    Death Note - awesome thriller with awesome story
    Claymore and Berserk - good story and a lot of (rather brutal) fighting
    Baccano! - very weird but funny story(telling), comedy and some action
    Ergo Proxy - very deep story, some action and mystery
    Gunslinger Girl - mostly drama with some action
    Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry) - horror, psychological and some humor
    Stranger -Mukou Hadan- - movie. great martial arts and medieval battles, some mystery

now, the ones i didn't put in my favorite list (i probably forgot some though):
    Angel Beats! (may add it to my list) - drama, some romance (really not that much) and great humor
    Black Lagoon, like already mentioned by Parablius - humor and a lot of action
    Cowboy Bebop - mostly comedy, some action
    Juubee Ninpuuchou (Ninja Scroll) - weird but funny humor, drama and martial arts
    Great Teacher Onizuka - just comedy^^
    Helsing (german op version, because i like it more :x) - mystery, thriller, action, some humor
    NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the N.H.K.) - great (but at times very weird) comedy, some drama
    Shin Seiki Evangelion (Neon Genesis Evangelion) - you should know this one if you like super robots. action, drama, some comedy

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    just me but shouldnt action recieve its own list? then agian its your anime list so w/e who knows? maybe your not in to the more action type anime.
    exactly, i don't watch, or like, many real action animes (although many other animes have some action mixed in), so a pure action-section would be pretty empty in my list^^

and the sections are mostly for better overview anyway, most animes could be in more than one of them or would be put into another one by many people.
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-12-01 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    thanks for the list sy ill take a look at the animes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Too much talking and filler, hardly anything happened.
    i guess you could see it that way, but the talking is what makes this anime great imo, since it's just awesome to see how they outsmart each other every time.
    and of course you know who the culprit is, but the excitement comes from seeing their plans work out (or fail). and the part you mentioned is probably the smartest plan evaaar!!1 :x

thanks for the list sy ill take a look at the animes
    i hope you find some that you'll like!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how many episodes there is of Death Note since I read it but... I had to really struggle to continue reading it :/
    There was like 10-15 chapters where they did absolutely nothing but sitting there and talking in the monitor room.
    well, i've never read the manga and i'm not talking about the manga.
    i don't know if they are different, but saying the anime is mediocre because the manga was boring isn't really a meaningful argument, right?^^ you shouldn't mix those two.
    although i do agree that death note probably is boring for some people. but the great majority likes it.
    I've started with Full Metal Panic ( I love Tsundere characters...) and so far it's really good
    i actually don't like tsundere characters that much, but it's quite fitting for FMP^^
    PS: I hate Kiras "girlfriend" :x She's bloody annoying.
    well, she's (partly) supposed to be annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    well, i've never read the manga and i'm not talking about the manga.
    i don't know if they are different, but saying the anime is mediocre because the manga was boring isn't really a meaningful argument, right?^^
    Surprisingly, I found it the other way around. Except for the epic chips part (lol'd so hard) the anime was altogether dull. The manga was overall quite well paced imo, but Dalliah's definately right in saying noone likes reading dialogue between cops on monitors...
    A lot of it was just guys watching surveillance cameras and stuff.

As for Misa, she was actually the only character I liked aside from Matsuda D: But thats just me.

SPOILER SPOILER HERE HERE
    also I was hoping Light would gain world domination from chapter one. So unfortunate that they got a bunch of poorly made static characters to make a decision based on no moral/philosophical grounds whatsoever.
    -Judic

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that thought Death Note was mediocre?
    Nope, I thought so as well
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Nope, I thought so as well
    "UR OPNION IS WRONG NOOBZ!11"
    *sighs*
    *gets lost in memories*

As for Misa, she was actually the only character I liked aside from Matsuda D: But thats just me.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/misa-amane

Shes both loved and hated, but mostly hated. Theres reason for both, well atleast she aint as hated as Sasuke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Shes both loved and hated, but mostly hated.
    I don't see how she can be hated when she was the only human character in that whole story : /
    Light: Has no soul. Whatsoever.
    Light's Dad: Ditto.
    Entirety of the NPA: Incapable of any sort of analytical skills or meaningful emotional connection.
    L: Eats, possibly sleeps, and speaks for hours at a time about nothing with the pretense of solving a mystery.
    Near: Basically L but his rants usually take place while he plays with toys he constructs instantaneously out of human bones.
    Mello: Stands in showers, watches FBI agents scrub their bodies. Not much else.
    Takada: Plot device character with no real bearing on anything.
    Mikami: Also a pretty poorly developed plot device.

Misa: She's in love with Light Yagami. Also a dumb bimbo movie star, but when did that ever matter?

Is it just me or does one of these stand out as being something that human beings actually have a one in six billion chance of relating to? As far as I'm concerned, she is the only character it is even remotely possible to connect with in the story, although of course they just turn her into another living plot device and comic relief character... sigh.

TLDR
    All Death Note characters are basically marionettes dancing on strings except Misa.
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    *Minor spoiler(Probably)*
    you may get that impression (in the anime), but Light actually acts like the nice guy regarding her (most of the time) to hide his true self. she gets used all the time, but she doesn't notice. and nobody else notices it either. you only notice it as a viewer because you know his true self and can hear his thoughts and important dialogues with everyone (including the shinigami).

so from Misa's perspective, it's actually understandable (especially if you take her personality into account). that doesn't mean you as a viewer have to feel the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you Sy, death note is over rated. Its a lot bigger in the USA then it is in japan, and, if I had to guess, its simply because they dress like "light' goth kids do, so a lot of those kids just bandwaggoned it.
    "When I grew up, I gave up childish things; Including the fear of being childish" Random commenter on Youtube.

Death Note was great, specially the way it ended. Light got owned so hard and died all alone like the piece of crap he was. 10/10 for the ending, 8/10 for the entire series.

Am I the only one that thought Death Note was mediocre?
    Probably not, but I am pretty sure I am the only person who dislikes cowboy bebop and samurai champloo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabellassa View Post
    I agree with you Sy, death note is over rated.
    well, it actually wasn't me who said it's over rated^^
    it's not my personal #1 favorite simply because i prefer the romance/drama/comedy genre, but i still think it's great.

I didn't really think about different perspectives when I read a *at that moment* boring story.
    while i can understand that, Death Note actually is all about thinking about the different perspectives imo^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Death Note was great, specially the way it ended.
    like Dalliah said already, don't put such a huge and obvious spoiler in your post or at least mark it in a way that actually lets people skip it (without reading it accidently the moment they look at your post) if they didn't watch the anime yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Probably not, but I am pretty sure I am the only person who dislikes cowboy bebop and samurai champloo
    probably not :x
    i kinda liked them, but i don't think they are as great as many others think of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and a recommendation for Sy and others with similar tastes (from what you've said :P)
    The World God Only Knows
    Might have already been mentioned but whatever...
    Basically a harem comedy/romance... Revolves around a contract between a young Japanese "gaming god" and a horribly, horribly cute demon. Hilarity ensues when the demon learns that his talents lie not in romancing women but in playing dating games.

Some filler, pretty decent humor. Mainly worth watching due to the characters (slight spoiler: his sister) and their interesting personalities. Overall good fun watch
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and a recommendation for Sy and others with similar tastes (from what you've said :P)
    The World God Only Knows
    yup, already heard about this one and i'll watch it. but not before all 13 episodes are available^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yup, already heard about this one and i'll watch it. but not before all 13 episodes are available^^
    It will be a bit longer than 13 episodes :/
    Dawwwwwww

after looking at this list agian it made me wonder..why isnt full metal alcemist up here? i would think brotherhood would be a good fit for you. sure its got action in it but its more about mystery and problem solving. not to mention ED is a total genius more and more as the story progresses.