Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I can see what the OP is talking about, not all bosses are created equally. Unfortunately, boss visual model size, targeted red circle size, and actual boss melee hitbox size don't always match up (rarely do actually). While this problem is 20 times worse in PvP (because getting into the melee hitbox of something constantly moving + latency = hell), it does rear its ugly head in PvE. You can have your rotation memorized and down to motor skill reaction completely, but that just makes your reaction time to changes faster... the trick is noticing when something's wrong.

I suppose there's multiple addons that tell you if you're out of range, not behind the target, etc., but the simple solution is have on your scrolling combat text (even the in-game one is acceptable). If something moves out of your range, you won't see white attack damage anymore (ironically, I've seen yellow attacks having slightly larger range than auto-attacks as a feral druid... heck you can have the "you're facing the wrong way" error from auto-attacks and still hit with direction yellow attacks to some degree). There's also some bosses where you can Shred but still be parried (happens on Sindy a lot). The boss melee hitbox is rather dynamic between every encounter and boss... eventually you'll just get the knack for an encounter and adjust your positioning accordingly. Beyond that, the faster you recognize you're not in the correct melee position, the faster you can fix the situation. I'm sorry to say, but since you're a feral kitty, you'll have the toughest time positioning yourself since we have the only remaining ability that has positional requirement (other than Backstab, but it's not an issue for most rogues).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2010-11-15 at 07:13 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also create a macro to "hack" the zoom distance past the allowed cap. I forget what this is though. Might make it easier for you to see.
    --No Beta Club--
    Books let you imagine the impossible.
    Movies let you see the impossible.
    Video Games let you do the impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Windle View Post
    Hi,

After starting to get the feral rotation on spot and getting to know the fights I realized another major thing to improve on.

The not-so-tall cat-model tends to disappear under other models in boss fights, on certain bosses this is even more of a problem if the boss itself is really small or really large as well.

I sometimes find myself out of melee range / not at the back for a short period of time, especially after focusing a bit on whats going on around me and on my rotation.

How have you got around this, or have you even experienced the same thing?
    bad players are bad players

You should try moving your camera angle so that your camera is facing straight down into the ground. Scrolling out for the maximum distance is recommended.

This way you'll see yourself exactly in the middle of the screen, from above, and also have better viewing of your position relative to the boss. I saw one of the rogues in Paragon do it on Putri 25man and I tried it out and it actually helped me.