Page 1 of 2
LastLast

To start a new character now, or during Cata?!

I'm in the process of trying to make a Hunter, Warrior, Warlock, AND Druid. My Warrior is level 7, Druid level 25, warlock level 20. Bout to start the hunter. Have the rest of my alts at 80 and my main is just pro. Should I just wait til Cata to bump these four out? Need opinions!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been leveling alts with the 4.0 changes, its basically gonna be the same.

Well, in current WoW you've got the same old quests you did a thousand times before, the same old zones you've seen a thousand times before, etc. but post-cata it's going to be new zones you've never explored before, new quest you've never done before, etc.

I wouldn't even have to think about it to choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    New leveling experience will be maybe a week before Cata so that isn't to bad of a wait.

Deleted
    I would say, wait until the release of patch 4.0.3A where the world changes and new race/class combinations will become available. If you go level alts now, it will just be the same old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you want to roll a goblin or worgen, just level it now.
    I like to change my sig A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindaika View Post
    If Goblins were from Jersey, they wouldn't live in Orgimmar. They'd live in Crossroads and commute to Org via bridges and tunnels, and then complain about the Kodo traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    ... Why trolls? Because we regenerate 2 health per second and there is nothing you can do about it.

As a beta tester i will have to say something like this... If your character is over <insert level where quests stops getting boring> then level them up now, Else level up in cata.

If you have a character close to or above 58/60, you might as well continue leveling them since you will not benefit much from the 4.0.3a (Shattering) changes. The lower the character is, the more it makes sense to wait a week or two so you can experience new quests and revamped zones.

Waiting until Cata personally. I can't bear the thought of leveling through the current Azeroth again.

I have a level 52 Pally. I am just getting so bored with questing. Thinking about lvling through to 80 makes me sick so I will leave it alone. I have the heirloom gear and all but just not interested anymore. I got my two 80's that will be enough for now.

On topic:
    I would wait a couple of weeks before continuing. I would make sure your alts, have professions, gold, explorations good to go

"Why was that wolf carrying frayed robes?"

Anyone from Beta able to comment on how much the starter zones change? For example, I just made a Human Paladin, currently level 1. Are the starter quests for Elwynn pretty much the same or are they fairly different once the new levelling stuff comes into play?
    If I see you... you're dead. If you see me... oh wait, you can't!

Faster ques for random dungeons, and battle grounds. Well, one can only assume.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would personally wait unless you are planning on rushing a character to 85. If you aren't too worried about that then work on getting some heirloom gear and level one of the new races or a new race/combo in the revamped zones. Questing will be easier and I'm sure que's will be much faster since plenty of other people will be doing the same thing

If any of them are draenei or blood elves and you are going to do their racial starting zones - do them now, no point in waiting - BC added zones do not change.

For any other races - best wait till new content arrives with 4.0.3A.

I decided to level 1 more character through the old world content... I suggest if you are a nostalgic type of person you do the same... some of the quests I love in this game will not be there in a month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all the questlines now are storyline based, there isn't as much "kill this for no reason please" quests. Combined with the new class changes, it is generally very nice to level on the beta. Imho, wait untill cata if you wanna get the most out of the 'leveling experience'. However, if you want 80-85 to go faster, power level up your alts now and receive the free epics while you still can.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Wait until the world changes happen, which may be as little as another week, then level away. You'll have access to all the new level content excluding Worgen/Goblins and their starting areas.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would wait so then you can explore all the changed content and new quests. I also think they said they are lowering the amount of xp needed to go from 1-60 again which makes things even easier.

Deleted
    I have just started a mage and am trying to get to 58 before the changes, mainly because i know the quests and speed is key atm, once i have got my main to 85 and geared to a point i only need gear from raids ill start a goblin and take it slow and admire the new world.

If you start right away with cata I think it'll be crowded with all the Worgens, Goblins, Tauren paladins, Dwarfen Shamans etc.
    Start now.