Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Threat is sometimes a problem, and Wind Shear is very weak and does not scale with gear.

Also, what happened to our "Spell Pushback Protection" passives, i mean the 70% ones like in WotLK?
    All we have is the Totem and Earth Shield, which is Resto only!

The only times I seem to pull aggro is p1 of HLK25. It's a sad day when an ele shaman pulls aggro and wipes the raid. Other then that I do not pull aggro on bosses so maybe your tanks just suck :O

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Threat is sometimes a problem, and Wind Shear is very weak and does not scale with gear.

Also, what happened to our "Spell Pushback Protection" passives, i mean the 70% ones like in WotLK?
    All we have is the Totem and Earth Shield, which is Resto only!
    The totem is not resto only. And it works very nicely for me in elemental spec :] Of what i heard only 1 dps class have that talented puchback protection now. By the way i never though we as elemental shamans needed that talent, always spent the points on something else...
    Last edited by JuicedawgYO; 2010-11-15 at 09:43 AM. Reason: grammarzz

As far as i know it's now intrinsic.

im pretty much in full heroic icc 25 gear and have no threat problems whatsoever, i dont use windshear

bad tank is bad?

some rogue is probably ToT'ing him not knowing it gives aggro haha...

happened to me a lot (._.')

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand this. Undergeared tanks lose aggro to me and sometimes in randoms stop tanking out of frustration, but I am not doing anything horrible. It is an issue though I think more often its tank though not generating threat, I mean really.

Note: In voa 10 with horrid tanks I pulled aggro and was TANKING frost boss/fire....
    That is totally not me though, but we arent low aggro so what do you expect...

Deleted
    I have noticed some serious burst from the start but yea as above throw in a few windshear and all will be fine

Threat can get nasty at times and Wind Shear is pretty pathetic unless you spam it before or after each spell cast. I've found myself having to just stand there at a number of boss or trash fights in which my threat was almost 1:1 for tank threat & Wind Shear wasn't helping.

For example:

Flame Shock 4.8k initial hit
    Lava Burst 23k
    Lightning Bolt (Elemental Overload procs) 14k
    Lightning Bolt (via Elemental Overload) 7k
    Lightning Bolt 10k
    Lightning Bolt 11k
    Lava Burst 22k (Elemental Overload procs)
    Lava Burst 11k
    Earth Shock 29k

All this in about 9 seconds tops & my tank is pissed off at me hardcore.

not sure if it was changed but. lightning overload didnt cause extra threat and i dont see a reason why they would have changed that with elemental overload

Edit: now i think about, the fact that overload doesnt make threat is probably the reason im at the bottom of omen agro list while on top of recount o/
    Last edited by Rehea; 2010-11-16 at 07:26 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    How you manage too have threat problems is a riddle too me, did a ICC pug the other day, tank was mostly 232 geared, but even then i didnt have any problem with threat, even at 19 k dps on saurfang, (Love the new CL - Fulmination) massive pwnage

as long as i'm not on vdw, i use windshear the first two times i can, once after my first LvB and then when its up again. this, combined with putting totems down at the start plus a gcd for FS is usually enough for even dk tanks to fix their threat. by the time initial trix and MD's wear off they are far enough ahead it doesn't matter. like rehea said, overload makes it so we can be top of recount and bottom of omen. only other time windshear is really useful for threat is ldw p2HM so that we can start burning without waiting too long while we all sit around with our thumbs up our asses. without hm either me or a mage will pop everything from the back so the tanks can just taunt for threat once the adds are dead.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Considering Overload doesn't create any threat there must be some other problem.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Awesome. Thank you all for your help. I am going to try some new things this week.

Try using wind shear before you call it crap. If it can put me into - tps I'm pretty sure its fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidua View Post
    No problem.
    It's in Interface -> Help -> Beginners Tooltips
    I love you too

are they warrior tanks? I have noticed warrior threat has gone to the dogs since the patch.

Yeh overload is zero threat. If arc mages are not pulling threat then we shouldn't either...so if windshear doesnt give the tank a second to get back on top of things then something is wrong.

Above all that watch omen, if you are getting high on threat call for salv.