Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    The experience bonus on the old heirlooms doesn't work anymore once you hit 80.
    Incorrect. The bonus stops working the second you hit 81. If you read the tooltip it says level 80, meaning it works while 80. Yes, I tested it in beta by comparing quest XP without chest/shoulders, with chest and then with both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Nah its doable at 78.
    How can it be doable at 78 if you can't get any quests? Unless you plan to grind to 80 there for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Incorrect. The bonus stops working the second you hit 81. If you read the tooltip it says level 80, meaning it works while 80. Yes, I tested it in beta by comparing quest XP without chest/shoulders, with chest and then with both.
    No, it stops at 80. The stats scale to 80, but the experience boost stops there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LastBlood View Post
    I guess that would be true - if it weren't for BoAs still being close to equal to top gear at the specific levels for gear. I'd say it'd be more of a hassle to actually gather that second set of gear in the first place. In the end, the gain would be negligible, and you lose bag space while carrying all that extra gear.
    Yeah, that's the downfall of it. Only reason I could see the use of grinding a second set would be for pvp, other than that I'd just stick to BoAs if I wanted speed leveling and vendor the stuff.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Nah its doable at 78.
    i severly doubt they want a jump from 187 wotlk leveling gear to 272 cata blues ...

hirloom gear should work just like some XP buff not actual items
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    i severly doubt they want a jump from 187 wotlk leveling gear to 272 cata blues ...
    They're 272 greens, not blues. The blues in Hyjal and Vashj'ir are like 285.

But yes, you're expected to make that jump.

10+ Year Old Account
    There always has been a scale imbalance from one xpac to another, as it should be. Using heirloom is something Blizz always lets you get away with near the end on an expansion, not at start.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Heirlooms increase experience by increasing performance. That way you level faster. That is their purpose and they are doing that just fine.
    Heirlooms increase experience through their experience multiplier. With that there should be no need for their performance to be boosted. Granted it makes weapons slightly redundant, but since you can enchant them it doesnt make them useless.

I just feel its stupid to make heirloom heros so much more superior to non heirloom levelers. I see it serving no purpose, since the leveling time purpose is served by the experience multiplier on the gear.

For the last time, you can't get quests at level 78 in Vashj'ir and Hyjal. This means that you can't get the high-iLvl quest rewards that are nearly required for killing the mobs there, which means that you probably can't even grind 78-80 just by killing mobs there. It will be infinitely faster to just quest/kill in Northrend for the two levels.

Heirlooms have always been worse than actual blue items at your level stats wise...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Heirlooms have always been worse than actual blue items at your level stats wise...
    This is quite untrue. At levels below 40 or so heirloom weapons are far superior. The shoulders and chests are superior also, but not so much as weapons.

For instance, at level 20 the best non BoA caster weapons gives 7-10 int. The heirloom weapons give the same amount of int, but also give 39 spell power. Tell me thats not a massive increase.

I also found while leveling my mage that past 60 heirlooms were at least comparable and if not better than leveling blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Given equal stats they will always be equal to 1 level lower, yes, the main thing that helps them stay ahead is the fact they're almost perfectly itemised for most classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kore nametooshort View Post
    I just feel its stupid to make heirloom heros so much more superior to non heirloom levelers. I see it serving no purpose, since the leveling time purpose is served by the experience multiplier on the gear.
    What YOU feel is irrelevant. Heirlooms are designed with both an XP increase on the shoulder/chest/ring (and soon helmet and cloak) pieces as well as the blue quality stats on the items themselves. They are designed to improve your alt leveling experiences to the point of blowing through old content to get to the endgame (of WotLK) as soon as possible. They are not designed to improve a main-character in any way. Players on their first char SHOULD experience the world the way it is meant to be experienced. Blizzard has just given those of us with alts a chance to skip most of the boring stuff we've already done at least once (and in my own case, 11 times now).

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You can't have tested it recently then. All my tests showed absolutely no difference in experience gains at level 80 with or without heirlooms on. Or at level 81 for that matter.

Id perfer to lvl faster then do a LITTLE more dps

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You can't have tested it recently then. All my tests showed absolutely no difference in experience gains at level 80 with or without heirlooms on. Or at level 81 for that matter.
    You're right -- Went on and tested it just a moment ago and doesn't seem to be working or at least on goblins. Probably hotfixed it in the last day or two because it was working the other day. Doesn't surprise me as it removes the leg up some would have from 80-81.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2010-11-15 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    u go in vash'ir / hyjal at 80 not 78